Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 41

Old 12-19-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Oh yes, almost forgot ... If my mother, rest her soul, were still alive I'd have a double trifecta because her birthday was 7 days before mine.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

GF what a neat idea to find ways to show family ect hoe grateful you are for them.

Gilmer sounds like you have some good plans. Hope you have fun on your trip to the mountains next week.

Carlos enjoy the meeting/Christmas party! I would love to experience an actual winter. Supposed to be back up to 77 by Tuesday here on the west coast.

Toots great post! Hope you and molly are doing well.

Drake glad the big event went well
Old 12-20-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
6 months sober today. Woohoo.
Had a another drinking dream where I relapsed today on my 6 months with my ex bf which was so random I havnt thought of him in awhile.
So happy to have 6 months. I've only gotten this far 1 other time awhile ago and will definitely NOT drink today.
Thanks to all of you for your constant support
Old 12-20-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months, BF!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

CONGRATS on 6 months, BFree!

:
Old 12-20-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sweetie, I know you like your music, so in honour of your half year anniversary, we have a night of music planned.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (60.5 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-20-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

BF, Congratulations on six months.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 BF!

Old 12-20-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations and have a great day BF

D
Old 12-20-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Dee, in my book you just outdid yourself with Oscar The Grouch and Chewy :-)
Old 12-20-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

I try Sass

D
Old 12-21-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Dear BF,

Congrats on your 6 month milestone. You have struggled and slipped, still came back! You live with a sister that parties and stayed sober. Made it through countless family gatherings and remained alcohol free. Recently you made it through the myriad of emotions and situations surrounding the death of a good friend and former drinking friend staying clean and sober. You are reaching out and finding new sober friends, activities and places to go and ENJOY this gift of sobriety.

Plain and simply put, young lady, you are a wonderful inspiration to us all and I am so happy and blessed to be sharing this SOBER RECOVERY JOURNEY with you! Thank you, booze FREE!!

Carlos xx
Old 12-21-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Saskia - Way to take care of yourself during the holidays. You're not taking any gambles with your sobriety during the birthday holiday double trifecta.

BoozeFree - Way to go on 6 months sober! It has been really nice watching your transformation over the past months. Keep up the good work!

I hope everyone is hanging in there. My kids and I got together with Needy last night. Our kids love getting together, and it was my idea. I was struck by her negativity and self pity, but didn't dwell on it, and just shook it off. A similar negativity used to fuel my drinking.

Anger, anxiety, and agitation fueled a negative perception of my world similar to Needy's. This morning I was angry that I had to set my alarm to take my son to his away hockey game, in the snow, while my husband was in bed sleeping off his drinking from the night before. I was anxious that I had to drive on slippery back roads (because I don't drive on the highway). This was compounded by the fact that I had to drive him to a birthday party from there which there was no easy back road way to get to.

I was agitated that when I told my husband that I was stressed about the driving, he ignored me. He stopped himself from his usual speech about how it's my responsibility to drive the kids, and that I need to focus on how much my kids enjoy hockey instead of being so selfish about not liking driving.

In the past, I would internalize his comments, which led to terrible self loathing. I'd wonder why I was so self centered. From there I'd do some worst case scenario thinking, wondering if I would ever be able to drive normally again. I end up feeling defeated, lost, and hopeless. Cue the drinking!

Today, I recognized the AAA as it was unfolding, and I processed through it. I realized it's ok to be annoyed at not getting to sleep in, so long as I don't take it out on the people around me. Also, I know that my driving anxiety isn't a choice, and that it's only natural that it would be heightened given the road conditions and itinerary for the day. Giving myself those allowances was exactly what I needed to feel some peace.

It made me cry a little, not in a sad way but in a cathartic way, to shed the negativity, shame, self loathing, to practice self care and find self acceptance. I know for certain that recovery made this possible.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

glee, we haven't spoken much but, you deserve a big (((((((hug)))))))) for that moment.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

I agree with Trach!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I agree with Trach!
Me, three!
Old 12-22-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Me four Glee

We do not chose our fears, and I know that you are doing what you can to overcome yours. A thought; now you are not drinking, how about spending some of that money on a driving instructor and getting him/her to take you specifically on highways to get you the experience you need to feel more comfortable? ( which you will, we fear the unknown, you stress because you are unsure how to cope with situations on the highway, the more time you spend on one -or entering/exiting one- the more normal it will be to you)
Hugs to all undies,
Old 12-22-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Seems Little quite around here lately. Maybe people just busy with the holidays?

GF you should feel proud you didn't dwell on Needys negative vibes and overcame your driving fears gettin to the hockey game ect.

Enjoying a mellow day today. Last night I had to go to my aunts to see my little cousins since I won't see them in Christmas. Alcohol was flowing and my sis had a good sloppy buzz going while I had soda and watched the Seahawks game with my lil cousins that love football. I have womp tomorrow and only till noon Christmas Eve. Christmas Day I have to go to my moms and will be surrounded by booze and drunkenness. I really don't want to stay long but of corse never end up leaving when planned. I rather not go at all but there's no way out of it. My mom would be so pissed if I bailed again like I did a few years ago.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Seems Little quite around here lately. Maybe people just busy with the holidays?

GF you should feel proud you didn't dwell on Needys negative vibes and overcame your driving fears gettin to the hockey game ect.

Enjoying a mellow day today. Last night I had to go to my aunts to see my little cousins since I won't see them in Christmas. Alcohol was flowing and my sis had a good sloppy buzz going while I had soda and watched the Seahawks game with my lil cousins that love football. I have womp tomorrow and only till noon Christmas Eve. Christmas Day I have to go to my moms and will be surrounded by booze and drunkenness. I really don't want to stay long but of corse never end up leaving when planned. I rather not go at all but there's no way out of it. My mom would be so pissed if I bailed again like I did a few years ago.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Doesn't it get tedious? I'm fortunate that i was the main drunk in my family. When I stopped, so did the booze. The young men in my family who are craft beer aficionados go elsewhere to drink. My son-in-law used to be the king of beer snobs--then one day he noticed a small gut forming! Horrors! That was the end of that craft beer foolishness!