shotgun

Old 11-09-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee must give you advanced notice.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

lol

I think Trach sleeps by the PC just in case...

D
Old 11-09-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

just been timely lately, oh jealous ones
Old 11-09-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I'll take the shotgun then)))

Thank you for the new thread, Dee.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
lol

I think Trach sleeps by the PC just in case...
That must be it... the sneaky little pond slider.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Drake love, how is this you doing the CD review....hmmm???

You asked us to make you go and do it...GO MAN!!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have 415 words down, the assignment is for around 8-900 so I have a good start. And listening to the dang thing again counts too!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

We went down the coast for a few days, boogie boards, bik, mossie bites, and sunny days. Sober is a fun guilt free trip
Old 11-09-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs, Monday mornings, ugh.

Well, we've been having the fire brigade strikes, firemen fighting for their pensions. When I drank I left the oven on, chip pan on, luckily a fryer with a thermostat,mjust stank the house out, lights on was a danger to myself and family. Obviously I don't have that any more but I am a bit of a clumsy person sometimes.
So my candles are battery operated, my chips go in the oven and I'm sober so hopefully I won't burn the house down.

Have a lovely week. P.s. I loved Wolfey in citizen smith also a sitcom called my family with Robert Lindsay was so funny in its day and still is. You don't get better english classics such as citizen smith, open all hours and only fools and horses.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Midnight - great news about your apartment.

Least - Wow 5 years just around the corner.

Wolfie - congratulations on 16 months.

Drake - how's the CD review?

Well I had a good weekend. It rained while we were inside having a seminar type thing on Saturday. Sunday was dry (mostly) and sunny. The mountains are now wearing their winter colours all that was missing was a bit of white on the tops.

Have a good day.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 1033 so my iPhone app tells me

Another sober weekend and another weekend totally at ease in my sober self . Did I really drink , was I really that person for 30 years I am always asking myself ? When I look at old photos or people talk of long past events I always picture in my mind the ugly me I never ever see a good me in my old drinking days , ever.
I have a funeral this Friday , a close family member and a big Irish family at that too. I can't think of anything worse than dousing ones true feelings with drink to get through this I feel that doing it sober and the after wake part sober to is the only way , drinking only covers the grief with a blanket and very temporary to , waking up hungover after a funeral to face the dark thoughts , just cannot imagine it.

Feel like a totally different person now honestly I really do ! The more I look at people drinking in groups huddled together the more absurd the whole thing looks , I have to keep this secret to myself because those that drink to not get it and those that need to drink don't want to know .
Have a nice day all.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Secret

Day 1033 so my iPhone app tells me

Another sober weekend and another weekend totally at ease in my sober self . Did I really drink , was I really that person for 30 years I am always asking myself ? When I look at old photos or people talk of long past events I always picture in my mind the ugly me I never ever see a good me in my old drinking days , ever.
I have a funeral this Friday , a close family member and a big Irish family at that too. I can't think of anything worse than dousing ones true feelings with drink to get through this I feel that doing it sober and the after wake part sober to is the only way , drinking only covers the grief with a blanket and very temporary to , waking up hungover after a funeral to face the dark thoughts , just cannot imagine it.

Feel like a totally different person now honestly I really do ! The more I look at people drinking in groups huddled together the more absurd the whole thing looks , I have to keep this secret to myself because those that drink to not get it and those that need to drink don't want to know .
Have a nice day all.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

There's me pootling along reading the posts then seeing we move to a new thread I though "Ha! At least Trachy won't get shotgun here!!" turned the page and what did I see??? Bugger me that Trachy is probably as we speak, hovering on the 'ladies only' thread sitting on 496 posts, waiting patiently........

Congratulations Least, 5 years heading your way like an express, it must be a wonderful feeling.

MB, sweetie please don't leave it so long before visits, I do miss you hon. It is great to hear you sounding so upbeat, and I love that you have a flatmate, it will stop you from dropping too far into yourself. I know it will occasionally feel like an invasion, but on the whole I feel it is a positive thing for you. Have you thought of alternative plans for when you have your wisdom teeth out and can't box? Don't let yourself get depressed over it, have something definite and positive to do instead.

DD, I totally agree on the grief thing, my BIL died unexpectedly last December and immediately half the family got pi$$ed. I was so glad to be present mind and body and emotionally not only to absorb my own loss, but to be there for my husband and daughter as they dealt with theirs. The awareness that had he died when I was still drinking would have placed me in the drunk camp had me squirming and swearing to myself never, ever again. I remember not only not feeling tempted, but feeling disgusted at their behaviour.

Life is easy to live sober once you accept that alcohol doesn't have a place in it. Oh, I don't mean life is easy, it is never that. There is always something, a little niggle here, an annoyance there, a depression looming, a momentous change, a celebration. Whether the problem is huge and seemingly insurmountable, or just an unscratchable itch, once you remove alcohol as an option, there are countless other ways of coping. Our first year of sobriety has us looking for, finding and bedding in these new coping mechanisms. Once they become second nature, sobriety becomes much easier and more natural. My only real fear, the one threat to my long term sobriety, is complacency, allowing AV an opportunity to convince me I am the only alcoholic on the planet that has been sober long enough to be able to 'drink normally'. Yeah right, and the Pope sh!ts in the woods. That is why I will always be an annoyance to the rest of you here, I am not leaving SR. and my daily reminder of the need for vigilance.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Doing the next right thing for me is walking at the mall to exercise my heart with my pacemaker then having breakfast with the widows who give me hugs and my wife does not mind my popularity.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

thanks for the new part dee

time does really fly when were clean & sober
Old 11-10-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello
Old 11-10-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks, everyone. I can't believe it myself. Five years coming up!

Just wish I hadn't started drinking again in the first place... Hindsight is 20/20 vision, I guess.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

5 years inspiring !