Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 20

Old 11-22-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Still feeling sick.
I'm going to another meeting tonight. Feeling little less negative.
I'm hoping by tomorrow I'm better more positive with a smile in my face but one more thing I'm sober and I want to stay sober.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you feel better soon efra

Well done
Old 11-22-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Still feeling sick.
I'm going to another meeting tonight. Feeling little less negative.
I'm hoping by tomorrow I'm better more positive with a smile in my face but one more thing I'm sober and I want to stay sober.
I had instant joy at seeing you back in the Overs erfra my friend. (((hugs)))
And then I got worried. I hate that you are sad love, and awesome on going to another meeting. It never hurts, right?

Hello Elseware! Also lovely to see you here.
I can only imagine that PTSD is scary and disconcerting, and I am glad that the doctor is going to be able to help you.

Wolfie and Itchy...not fun at all. I hope you both get some answers soon, and some relief.

You guys may or may not know that we have a birthday girl in our midst.

Gilmer love!!!!! ♥♥

Love to all the Overs,

V xx
Old 11-22-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hope you're feeling better soon, erfra.

Happy birthday, Gilmer

Morning Overs, I hope you all have a happy Sunday. Another relaxing weekend, then I'm thinking, is it the weekend that's changed, or me? I've come to the conclusion that, Yes, it's me, the days come and go and relatively all the same but my outlook has changed. For the better. Scuse me overs, I'm pontificating again, lol.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Well this update may sound selfish
But for some reason I'm contemplating drinking again. I'm at coffee shop and across is the beer store I think all day negativity is been pushing hard today a friend is coming to a chat hope that help I feel like I don't want to take my will back but my will wants me back. Is that make sense to you guys and girls.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Magsie

I get it, erfra. I had a battle inside me for a long while into sobriety. You know, the story of the two wolves, which one wins?, the one you feed.

Drink plenty of coffee or tea, the will to drink will pass, have something to eat. Fast forward to where and how you will feel if you give in to drink, hold that thought, the regrets, hangovers and how long before you can put it down again.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

(((erfra)))

"Cunning, baffling and powerful."

You know this. This thing will use it's power to take us if it can....talk all you need to, and I hope your friend is there with you right now.

You will get through this night...and we are here to help you.

Love V xx
Old 11-22-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Well this update may sound selfish
But for some reason I'm contemplating drinking again. I'm at coffee shop and across is the beer store I think all day negativity is been pushing hard today a friend is coming to a chat hope that help I feel like I don't want to take my will back but my will wants me back. Is that make sense to you guys and girls.
erfra, would you take a nailgun and drive a nail into your brain?

A carpenter would not do that, and a recovering alcoholic does not take a drink.

I don't care how negative or sad or any other downer I get, drinking alcohol is not an option.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some awesome advice here erfra - I hope you listened.
What I used to think was my will was a self hating death wish.

My will is to live. I hope you'll continue to join me, and the rest of the gang

We've been through hell, no need to go back there

D
Old 11-22-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I'm a carpenter and not
I have a chat with my friend now I'm home watching a movie
I'm glad that you are here and I'm so grateful for your support is hard for me to reach out to anybody but today I'm glad that I did.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

So glad you are home, safe and sound erfra. ((((hugs)))) ♥♥♥
Old 11-22-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I get drunk we stay sober

I'm a carpenter and not
I have a chat with my friend now I'm home watching a movie
I'm glad that you are here and I'm so grateful for your support is hard for me to reach out to anybody but today I'm glad that I did.
erfra.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi all

FG, I hope whatever has been giving you emotional I stress is now behind you? How are you feeling now? What has been happening?

Erfra I'm glad you didn't lift a glass, you would have regretted it so much. I hope it is only the fact you are feeling poorly that is causing AV to rear its ugly head, self pity was a trigger for me, and who doesn't feel sorry for themselves when they are unwell.

Itchy, Wolfy, do you have a pair of decent ears between you? I guess not Itchy if your 'good' ear is the bad one! I hope you both get to the bottom of things and that they begin to show a marked improvement.

Happy 55th Gilmer.(I know, a lady never reveals her age, but Gilmer would be the first to say she ain't no lady!... Actually she is, a really wonderful one!)

Elsie, it sounds positive that your PDoc has labelled your problems, so she now knows how best to begin trying you. I do hope so, you have suffered much and deserve none of it, you are a wonderful person and great friend. Xx

Drake, my daughter is in the Police and works 2 early, 2 late, 2 night, 4 off. She is constantly exhausted because she can never get her sleep pattern sorted. The more tired she is the more that noises disturb her. I doubt she woud draw a gun on anyone tho! ( and not only because our police aren't armed!!). How are the new meds going?

Hi Zip, Dee, how's things?

Mulching Andy? Stinky job! Rather you than me, but at least you weren't doing it hungover! Yeesh!

VC, hey kitty, when is your first counselling? Let us know how it goes! Xx

I'm ok, I think I jus got really fed up of the dreich weather, I have had so much sun in Boston it kinda spoiled me I think! Anyhoo, it's dry today, so I hope to go for puff, pant stagger and them do some Yardwork.

Later dudes and dudettes
Old 11-23-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Tomorrow morning toots love
And my surgeon in the afternoon.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:48 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good but tired toots

best wishes tomorrow V

D
Old 11-23-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Puff, pant, stagger ha ha.
Welcome back erfa stick around.
Happy birthday Gilmer!!! And you're right although there are a million types of German cake I havent' found the classic "Black Forest" type cake. I tried one the other day called "Kalter hund" cake or cold dog! Because it's not baked, it's cocoa and coconut oil so it is black and cold like a dog's snout. It was good but I couldn't finish it.
I start the internship tomorrow and between that and my copywriting joh which will take up the rest of the time, plus my other projects I'm going to be very busy. So it looks like I'll be in Berlin until at least March, I want to do this internship for four months. It's good that it's flexible. We'll see how it goes but I have a good feeling about it.
When I was a kid I used to get ear infections a lot, they used to put hydrogen peroxide in my ears. Hope you get that stuff sorted out, ear pain is no fun.
Erfa--how are you doing now? I find that getting out and interacting often helps me when I'm feeling down. Go to a nice cafe and read a book. Or go for a long walk somewhere beautiful. We all know how hard it is. Just keep posting here lots!
I went for a long bike ride in an area called Konigs-Wusterhausen yesterday. It was such a beautiful windy wintery day, the countryside around Berlin is so beautiful. Being out in nature is so helpful.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Inpar, if you ever need a break from this heaven, (awesome internship and radio gig), please let me know, and I will swap with you for a bit.

I looked up Konigs-Wusterhausen, and it looks lovely.

V xx
Old 11-23-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Here is a picture that I took yesterday:

DSC_0580_opt.jpg

It is so beautiful. And all the amazing old houses with their old gardens, it was so lovely I wanted to live there. ...And where in Aus do you live, hmmmm? Ha ha. I lived in Western Australia for six months when I was younger and it was so wonderful there. I would go back in a hearbeat.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Oh, forgive my error....the internship is the radio gig. The copywriting job is the main one, yes?

What a beautiful photo.

I live here....Elwood, Melbourne.

It's kind of magnificent. ♥

(The second pic is actually a few k's down, the famous Brighton Beach huts along the beach....).
Old 11-23-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

eff, that not your will, thats the will of alcoholism!

shoosh the urge off!

any lengths