Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 16

Old 10-31-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools.

Hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween.

Hope you get good news obo.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-31-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning - Saw Doc yesterday & he is not concerned about the sleepy arm...maybe a pinched nerve somewhere....I did paint the ceiling in the room so might be the deal. I also requested that he give me something for the anxiety but he won't do it...told me to try something herbal (funny). The anxiety & dis-ease has been pretty extreme lately...things up in the air I think maybe....just have to remember there just little things really.

Thinking of you & yours this week-end Obo & praying you & Mrs. Obo

I have 80 days sober today. Running late - off I go
Old 10-31-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hi UP.

Mariah, glad to hear there's no probs with your arm. The lesson for all of us - we can be too enthusiastic with the paint brush

Happy Halloween all.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it's only a pinched nerve Mariah

D
Old 10-31-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the congrats! I feel like I've been working harder than ever, really working for the first time on both my school and my sobriety. And I'm glad to see it's paying off

Adna, really glad to hear your work is going so well. And that you're getting back in the groove.

Glad to hear your arm's okay, Mariah! Congrats on 80!!

freein, your vacation sounds lovely.

Luc, I hope you enjoy your favorite holiday!

I'm kind of having a crummy start to halloween. I've been so busy these two weeks that I haven't had time to really prep for halloween. and I LOVE halloween. I also had a bad halloween last year with being depressed and getting super drunk, etc. and I got invited to the same party and I don't think I'm gonna go cause I think it will bring all of that up. But now I kind of feel like i have nowhere to go celebrate. I just love this holiday and I'm having trouble finding a place to have fun with it where I feel good. Drinking and Halloween have never been linked together for me, but everyone I know here seems to be linking them. So anyway, maybe I'll hit up a movie or something. I'm just kind of in a halloween funk.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Watch a scary movie, get some munchies in and enjoy yourself Rocks

D
Old 10-31-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Watch a scary movie, get some munchies in and enjoy yourself Rocks

D
Good idea Dee !
This Polanski film from the library ; ...The Ghost Writer, may not be particularly scary , ..it'll have to do I guess !?!

Just returned from a Fri. speaker meeting and it was a good one. We get a lot of visitor speakers and tonight's was great. Sober for decades, ....with some powerful thoughts on addressing resentments.

Rocks... your hard work is really paying off !
Congrats on nailing that midterm.

Mariah, ....I'm glad to hear it's only a pinched nerve too. That diagnosis has got to be a relief , ...
Good job on finishing your painting btw !

This exterior is coming right along now. Only have about 12-15 hours left.
Really going to miss the blue painters tape on the windows once it comes off. It's been a sort of worn out joke just how many years ago I taped those babies off after some prep and an initial coat of primer.
Pretty sure it was the spring of 2006 !?? wow ? .... made a valiant attempt in 2012, but ran out of gas. It got cold and I started back drinking after 3 years sobriety in 2013, ...so all bets were off. Drinking has a way of making my life, um, unmanageable, .... whole lot of planning , no follow through.

Don't miss even a second of that !?

Freein, .... so that's the lesson , huh ?
I should share my secret for injury free painting ,...it's my lucky painting paints and two lucky t-shirts. They, along with a daily prayer specifying such;
... keep me from falling off the ladder.
No joke,....
< smiling >

Luc, Congrats to you and Rocks foregoing the Halloween booze bashes this year, so early in sobriety. That's clear thinking.

Izzy, ... Happy boo-day to you too !

Adna, ...glad to hear you're getting your new swerve on in the studio. "Tis the season" and all.

Was thinking earlier about how we may be imperfect fools, but how you guys are perfect for me !
....helping me stay sober, ..one day at a time.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Mariah, congratulations on your 80 days!

Tops, I can't help thinking that this project of yours will have much more significance than just making your place look good. I can relate to your story about starting something big and then not ever finishing it. Alcohol did that to me too. The days, weeks, years went by and so much good stuff remained unfinished.

It gives me goose bumps to see how we can all turn our lives around like we are.

Have a great day all.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

topsin, how was the movie? Glad you went to a good speaker meeting and thanks! Glad your painting project is going well. It's amazing how much more gets done (and with so much less stress!) in sobriety.

And thanks Dee! I realized that I needed to be around people, so I got dressed up, and went out to the party. My boyfriend promised not to drink and we decided to bail if it was too much. Luckily all the drinking was sectioned off inside, so I sat outside and realized that there seems to be a sober group at every party, cause someone has to drive!. So I just hang out with the sober people, had some nice conversation and then left when the drinking got out of hand. My boyfriend woke up this morning and said "I'm so happy to not be hungover I think I'm going to go for a run!" That made me really happy. Things are easier when we're both not drinking. And it was good to have a sober social evening.

Unfortunately I woke up after having a very realistic drinking dream. It's always a variation on the same thing where I drink and everyone gets upset with me. Happy to be at two weeks today! But not happy about stupid nightmares. Happy November all!
Old 11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Rocks, congrats on 2 weeks and well done last night

I think I've had 2 drinking dreams, and both times I woke up with such a sense of relief knowing it was just a dream. I think it actually gave be a boost to carry on with my mission. A bit of a reminder that a slip up would destroy all my hard work.

Your doing great Rocks, it's lovely to see you get your life back on track. And as a bonus your helping your boyfriend too!

My project (the dresser refurb) is coming on well. It's now structurally sound, and ready for painting. Unfortunately I'm not going to be home tomorrow so I can't get started on the exciting bit until the evening, but it shouldn't take much longer now.

Hope everyone's having a great day.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Your funny TS......I have the blue tape in my bathroom from an "attempted start" while I was drinking about a year and a half ago....I was thinking that that will be a small feet now after doing that big room.

Well, I went out last night to enjoy some music & see the craziness Was a great sober time. I took my camera & took some great pics. I saw people that were vaguely familiar that shot me some looks of "disgust", I saw people that were vaguely familiar that you would think have known me forever & calling me sweetie & I have no idea who they are....I saw people that I know from my "time on the town" while drinking that asked where I've been...one, an older gentlemen that likes to dance as much as I do, asked me if I was ready for a beer yet & I told him that I am not drinking these days & he said "I'm glad to hear that". The best part was that I took a $20.00 bill with me, had something to eat & tipped the bartender & had $12.00 in my pocket when I go home. Can't tell you how many time I went out with $20.00 dollars only to wake & found that I had withdrawn money from ATM & it was all gone...may times the ATM card missing.

Off to do yard work...bags of debris to haul off & 40 tulip bulbs to plant. Have a great day all
Old 11-01-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fabulous on 2 weeks Rocks!! - Have a great day

You have a great day too Freein
Old 11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Mariah and Rocks -way to go! Not only did you enjoy a sober Halloween but you did it successfully in situations that could have easily tempted anyone- wow.

Top- enjoy your movie? After trick or treating , we watched an episode of dr. Who. That's about as scary as it gets around our house .

Free - hope you enjoyed your time away .

Obo- thinking of you and your results tomorrow. Let us know how it goes...

Everyone- hope you have a great first of fall weekend-

I'm off to shop before the cold hits. I think I've had the same favorite coat for like 10 years ... !

Happy Fall, y'all
Old 11-01-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Obo and Mrs Obo.

It will be ok no matter what.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good to see you Kat. I'm so happy to read you all doing well. I keep hoping to reply to everyone but it just isn't happening yet. to you all!
End of day 16 (I think), it feels so good to have that much time in again. I pray it continues.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Chickchick, you've passed the 2 week mark and you're chugging in the same direction as the rest of us Fools. Soon you'll be feeling like this is the "real" you, the one who's been hiding for so long. You won't be disappointed, she's beautiful!

I'm visiting my parents today, so I'll see you all later.
Have a great day.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day/night guys

thinking of you and the family tomorrow Obo

D
Old 11-02-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Managed to accomplish quite a lot at my parents house today. I'm trying to persuade them to invest in a cleaning lady, just a couple of hours a week would make such a difference. But they don't like the idea. I do what I can, but it's not ideal.

They've collected so much stuff over the years, basically clutter, it's difficult to keep everything clean and impossible to keep it tidy. I think if you intend getting old, it's your duty to be a minimalist!

I've just started a fabulous book, The untethered soul, by Michael singer. I've read the first two chapters. It's about the clutter we have in our heads, that restless voice which never shuts up.

I've already had a couple of insights. For example, the chatter in our minds gets worse when we are unsettled. It's because the voice is used as a comforter, or a way we can feel that we have some control over an uncontrollable situation. This makes great sense to me.

I'm looking forward to learning how to embrace the uncontrollable external world without the need to change the reality of it in my head. Interesting.

I'm sure after a few more chapters I'll be able to explain it better!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Well....I am going to have to start at day 1 tomorrow - I have not drank, but have smoked again this week-end & feel that it is really just a way of replacing the drink & I DO NOT want to do that. Want to be honest about it here with all of you, as it helps me to be accountable & saying it "out loud" here will help me to get back on track with both being "clean & sober". I'm going to start with some journaling tonight....be drinking lots of water & take some herbal supplements to flush out of my system.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Mariah, that sounds like a great plan. It would be so easy to replace one problem with another. We're cheering you on step by step.

By Christmas you'll have over 7 weeks free from smoking, to add to your many more weeks free from alcohol. How's that for a great present to gift yourself, freedom.

I'm hoping to clear up a few tasks today, and make a plan for the next week and month. I really like doing a weekly review, but I rarely seem to manage to do it. It helps with work, home or personal goals. Just a bit of time to look honestly at where I'm at with things, what things I'm putting off, what things need a bit more attention etc.

Anyway, hoping to start being a bit more proactive.

But first things first, I'll finish my porridge.

Have a great start to the week everyone.