Old 11-25-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hiya Up Izzy and Freein

D
Old 11-25-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Morning all...

I agree lets keep the bargain going through the new year!

Well done on 6 days without a smoke Up...!

Good stuff Mariah, brave and honest!

bloody big day today for Obo, several tasks to complete before tomorrow....

Freein: Yes I've read quite a bit of his stuff. You're right, I need to get more in tune with the game, rather than becoming complacent. Cheers!

stay tuned.....................
Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank You Friends - What am I going to do different this time? No smoking weed for one...I think when I faltered with that it set things in motion to drink. I called to set up an appointment with a counselor & was told that they do not schedule appointments...I will just go in & ask for an intake appt., which I will do early next week. As I said before, this organization is my only option under the insurance I have, so we will see what that might bring. #2 - Living in the moment.....I hear/read that often & it makes great sense but putting it into practice is hard to do...I"m constantly in the past or the future. #3 - Regular meditation & relaxation I think will be huge for me.....but something that will need to happen daily & be on going. That's it for now......I think keeping it simple for now & just going easy for the first few weeks.....again.

I am trying to focus on my sobriety & not my many slips over this last year...how much it means to me, how far better my life is when I don't drink.

Great going Up on 6 days nicotine free.....It's a tough one.

Hope your surgery gos well Obo & your visit with family a good one.

Izzy....I cleaned house this week-end & am determined to "keep" this simple this year & not work myself all up about it.......I have a large family & there will probably be about 20 people here. I usually get out the china, but I am using decorative paper plates & plastic utensils this year, which will save a lot of time with the clean up.

So Dee.....10,000 posts is incredible......there was a pole about what date you might hit that number & I was awfully close I think....what do I win

As always, good to read your post Freein......you are an inspiration! Think it is fabulous you are able to be there sound mind & body for your Mom....very important & another reason for me to continue on & get this thing....I will be there soon with my Mom I'm afraid.

Goodnight/Day All
Old 11-25-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wondered if you were still smoking...yeah I could never get sober that way...my addictions intertwined...if I was drink I needed to get high and vice versa...

and pot lowered my inhibitions and made so many bad ideas sound great.

I think not smoking is a really great choice Mariah

and LOL sorry no prizes...

D
Old 11-25-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Darn it, I never win anything
Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I never win anything either mariah, aside from being the first to post on a new thread...

Dee that little cartoon thingy you used above sums me up perfectly, hands and all...
Old 11-25-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL me too Obo

I never win anything either Mariah

D
Old 11-25-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Just here to say hi and I'm reading and wishing everyone good luck.

Glad to hear that you finally got that power of attorney free!

And glad to see you back mariah. I know it's hard to get back into gear but I know you can do it!

I would love to share a cup of coffee izzy! And I wish you luck with your hosting.

lol obo every time you post I'm going to think of that emoticon.

Thanksgiving is STRESSING me out. I have an exam and then a red eye to go meet family and there might be snow delays and I'm not packed and wait, haven't studied for that test. Eep! I can't wait until tomorrow is over.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will be ok Rocks - good luck !

D
Old 11-25-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Deep breaths!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

Calm blue ocean

D
Old 11-25-2014, 10:43 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

That's a beautiful picture Dee, very calming.
Good luck with the test Rocks, I have a feeling you're on a roll at the moment, nothing will stop you succeeding.

Mariah, I'm sorry that you might be facing something similar with you own Mum. Please don't be too fearful (I was). There have been some blessings along the way too. This illness has actually deepened my relationship with my parents. My Mum in particular. It's difficult to explain in words, but it seems to me that her defensive guard has been lowered, and I can see so much more of her gentle self, she looks at me with such love in her eyes.

I am truly grateful that I'm sober during this time. I know that my old self would have missed this blessing, in favour of numbing out every time I returned home from a visit. Now I can talk things through with my OH, I can get support here on SR, and I can keep my thoughts positive and healthy. It all helps to face whatever comes down the line.

Obo, great work on being free from the nicotine. When exactly is your knee op? Will you have to stay in hospital?

Dee, thanks for being with us through our various trials and tribulations.

See you all later,
Old 11-25-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Freein: Obo's still on the smokes.......
In hindsight, the first few days/week or recovery was so hard, I probably should have looked at giving that up too.
Am currently on about 5 a day........maybe 6....
ha...............

not that funny really.

stay tuned..................
Old 11-26-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Obo,
Sending positive vibes your way ( and to your surgeon) tomorrow,
.. patchin' your ACL up good'n tight. Your sobriety will make all the difference staying focused with the challenging PT coming !

Mariah, ...I had the same experience by smoking a little weed last year. Chipping into a little drinking eventually, and things started downhill from there. So grateful to frame it differently now ,....from that experience.

Hope everyone stateside has a wonderful ( and as stress-free-as-possible ) holiday tomorrow. I'm driving up to Tenn. after work Thur. around 2 am so the roads should be clear the first 4 hours anyway !?

Congrats on 100 k Dee, .... I've always read the first 100k are the toughest.

Good luck with that exam today Rocks, ...not that you need any luck to nail it !??

Izzy , Guess it's true then ?!!,
...apparently you don't ree...eeeeeally need red hair to get treated like a red headed step child.
The rare times I can remember to pray for the mean people; ..it seems to help.

Freein , ... the skippin' ..and the star gazin' sounds pretty wonderful !?!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

You have a great holiday too Tops, safe drinking on Thursday.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Did I say I wouldn't be posting? Ha! I'm holding on tight for some sanity, friends!

Obo- hope the surgery goes well .

Top- hope you have a great time!

Rocks- you're going to do great , I just know it

Everyone- I'm embarrassed that I got all whiny about the fam. I know we all have our stuff to deal with ! But thanks for listening anyway

On a positive note- my manic stress coping has payed off. My bathrooms have never looked so shiney.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
You have a great holiday too Tops, safe drinking on Thursday.
Don't you just hate that editing feature?! Free, I'm glad to hear things are going well with your mother. Sounds like your Christmas might end up better than you thought .
Old 11-26-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Apologies for my last post, Tops, it didn't make much sense. I thought I'd typed " safe driving on thursday" lol.

I must check this kindle predictive text more closely, there's no end to the embarrassment it could cause.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Izzy, I'm sending you over some positive vibes. I bet this year your thanksgiving will be a peaceful one. Everyone will be too preoccupied with your sparkling bathrooms to be interested in causing any mayhem. Have you thought about hiring a garden "portaloo" for the guests to use? It seems a shame to mess up your hard work, I'm sure they'll understand
Old 11-26-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

Mariah, my counselor always says not to use anything, eventually you will return to your drug of choice (alcohol, pills, whatever). Alcohol has never been a problem for me, but I don't want to drink at all for fear of letting my guard down thinking I can control the pills again.

Well wishes and prayers for your surgery and a speedy recovery obo.

Working on day 7 nicotine free, the big test will be dealing with the drama tomorrow. Taking plenty of gum mints to chew.

Have a great evening / day everyone.