Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 16

Old 10-20-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your congrats!
It's an early start for me this morning. It's cold and wet outside, so I'm not looking forward to stepping outdoors. I'll be glad to get back home this evening.

Hope the weather's better where you are,
Have a great day.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cold and wet sounds better than hot and endlessly dry to me right now freein! Grass is always greener

Adna and Mariah, I too used to smoke. But then it started giving me horrible anxiety upon contact like you said Mariah. So I avoid it now. My boyfriend's been trying to give it up and sometimes I miss it when he smokes around me, but luckily that desire has faded after a few years of quitting. I hope the drinking desire fades that way for me too!

Never stop fighting Luc!

Done with day 2 now. Have so much work. Hate how drinking screws that up. Anyway off to nap and then up in like 3 hours to finish this project. At least then I have an early afternoon, can nap and start again. Idk why I decided to do a week's worth of leisurely work in 3 days... Hmm.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Rocks, perhaps we should house swop for a season
Old 10-21-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Morning Fools..

Hope all are well.

Gough Whitlam died yesterday. My old man was drafted to Vietnam, a lottery that was televised on Australian TV. He provided the Army with a file an inch thick of medical papers, but they took one look a him, laughed and said he was in.

Gough and the Labor party ended conscription to national service and withdrew aussie troops from Vietnam. My parents voted labor or Greens since. He used to say if it wasn't for the Labor party and Gough I may well not be here.

A real true blue dinky di aussie mate.....!

stay tuned.......
Old 10-21-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

End of day 5 feels really good to be this far. A few small cravings today nothing big or long lasting. It's been a good day all in all! Lots of kitting done today, the little one is still at home sick but feeling better.

to each and everyone of you! You all are a huge part of why I am still chugging along.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great Going on 5 Days Chick Chick!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

haha freein I honestly wouldn't mind it. I took a vacation two weekends ago up north and gosh was it heaven to be cold.

chick chick 5 days is amazing! glad things are feeling good.

ending day three now. feel calmer now that i've got some work under my belt. hope everyone had a good night/has a good am. off to the races again tomorrow!!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Chickchick and Rocks, the days and weeks will start to fly by now, great work both

Obo, thank heavens for Gough and the Labour party!

I have a day off work today, so hoping to do a bit more to my dresser project. The coaching session I had last week made me realise that I have a tendency to over-think things. I read up on stuff, research stuff and then run out of time or enthusiasm to actually "do stuff".

It's so funny, I can spend hours researching the best ways of doing this or that, and actually not accomplish anything.

Anyway, I'm going to experiment with my own creativity with this project, and "just do it".
What a liberating thought.

It's probably one of the reasons it's taken me so many years to stop poisoning myself with alcohol, I needed to research every aspect of sobriety before I decided that all I needed to do was stop buying the stuff. What a revelation.

God must roll his/her eyes at some of my antics, I can often sense the: "Oh no, she's in research mode again, this is going to take some time".
Old 10-22-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It's so funny, I can spend hours researching the best ways of doing this or that, and actually not accomplish anything.

Anyway, I'm going to experiment with my own creativity with this project, and "just do it".
What a liberating thought.

It's probably one of the reasons it's taken me so many years to stop poisoning myself with alcohol, I needed to research every aspect of sobriety before I decided that all I needed to do was stop buying the stuff. What a revelation.

God must roll his/her eyes at some of my antics, I can often sense the: "Oh no, she's in research mode again, this is going to take some time".

Freein , ...that's hilarious !

I'm guilty of the very same thing !

Way too much time wasted "getting on my work clothes and talkin' bout it "

"Just do it " is a wonderful mantra to change all that !?

Obo, ... Gough Whitlam's political life is fascinating,..
A true patriot, ...

Former prime minister Gough Whitlam dead at 98

Well, it's an early start for me , ....time to try out some "just do it "

Have a good hump day , y'all
Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, just checking in on the new thread...nothing really different here..just maintaining...my therapist went on vacation so I've been riding solo for a bit but she will be back this Friday...been going ok...not great, but ok for sure...
Old 10-22-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I haven't been feeling too good, BUT I have been going out of my way to make sure my bride to be is happy! She thanked me over dinner Monday night for being super awesome with the whole process, I actually I'm proud of myself that I stepped up and took care of a bunch of the planning as well as taking care of the church and whatnot...everything's booked and I put the first deposit down on the venue! Most of the heavy planning is done now and from how it's looking the "fun" parts are on their way....I'm glad I sobered up and grew up a bit...I'm really feeling the effects of everything I've been striving towards, the therapy, the meds, the programs, all of the bs I have been going thru, I finally feel it today...I'm gonna be ok...I'm def gonna be ok...I really feel it today...
Old 10-22-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools.
It's been a while since I been here but I missed you guys.
I hope you are all doing well.

I read something that I wanted to share.
We are always going to encounter resistance in anything that we do. When you get knocked down or fail, you have to lift yourself up and try again. You always have to get up one more time than you fall down.
For anyone having trouble just keep trying. You are much stronger than you think. I believe in you all.
Have a great day.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

That is fabulous ST - Enjoy that feeling & know that if you just keeping doing what your doing, you will have more & more of the moments/feelings

Good Morning UP - We've missed you hear for sure! Hope all is well for you

Have a good day Fools
Old 10-22-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks Mariah <3
Old 10-22-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello Fools!
I know I've been absent for quite some time... I'm doing great, though. I have had a few drinks here and there, but have not been drunk at all. I am completely clean from valium, which I think is a bigger accomplishment than not drinking. Looking back, I was clearly much more addicted to the pills than anything else. No desire to go back there, and even when I have had a drink, I felt unimpressed and not interested in having more and getting loaded. I feel so free from that prison now. It's been so great for me, and very importantly, for my relationship with my husband. We are the happiest we have ever been. So I have not really felt the need to lean on you all for support and I guess I feel a little guilty that I feel so good and didn't want to "rub it in" to those of you who are struggling. On the other hand, I know I should be around to offer encouragement. I don't know, what do you all think? I feel torn about this. When I was in the throes of addiction, the last thing I wanted to hear was Mary Sunshine who was having a Great Day. I wanted to hear from others in the same struggle I was dealing with. How do you all feel about this?
Old 10-22-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi UP and Present, glad to hear you're both doing so well

ST, it sounds like you're breaking through so many barriers. You've tackled a very difficult path, but you now know you're going to be ok. You are a real life Frodo Baggins!

Hope all the wedding plans go well.

I've done a bit more sanding on my dresser project, the "just do it" philosophy is working well.
Tops, hope it's working for you too today.

Have a great day all.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Haha freein, most def I feel like froto at times
Old 10-22-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Present, nice to hear from you but very unsure about the rest....don't really know honestly
Old 10-22-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Freen- I'm really just trying to make this work, without getting agitated and self loathing as I usually do lol
Old 10-22-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey fools,

Freein - I thought about you when my son was watching his umpteenth episode of "dr who ". Since that's his favorite and mines Downton, we have a lot of very cool english accent going on around here .(of course, we're the ones with the accent, right ? And yes- I still say cool-ha!).

ST - so glad to hear you're doing well. It does sound like you've made tons of progress getting where you want to be from where life started. I have a lot of admiration for you- esp bc you're so focused on what you're fiancé needs in the middle of it all - what a sweetie!

Top and Free - I'm so with ya on the thinkin thing. I kinda go for stuff too though - maybe before i think about it enough... And end up wearing myself out . All the time :/.

Up, apple, rocks, adna(has the creep been leaving you alone!?)-

Hope all the fools are well!