Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 10

Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Apple, TX, knb, and others struggling - - Stay with us. I agree you should try to use your sober days as a bouncing off point...you did it before, you can do it again.

Stay with us and keep reading and posting.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Apple, TX, knb, and others struggling - - Stay with us. I agree you should try to use your sober days as a bouncing off point...you did it before, you can do it again. Stay with us and keep reading and posting.

I second that. We'd love for y'all to keep posting and stay with us.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

BBF Amazing news about the job! Im doing a little jig here for ya chicken!!!

apple so glad you checked in again, dust yourself off and get back on the horse my friend :-) Its bloody hard but we are here if it helps xxx good to see you, keep posting, you've been missed!

txso relieved to see you're ok. close the door behind you and start the next chapter! change is difficult to adjust to, and you had a slip is all. here for you, and wishing you lots of willpower and strength :-)

just seeing you guys have the balls to come back here has cheered me up no end. you have courage, you have strength, now take control, and you will find peace :-)

I am home from work and pottering about after a busy day. somebody gave me a coquino squash today. what the hell do I do with it??? I think it would make a fab doorstep :-)

Much love all xxxx
Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Anybody have any good fiction book recommendations?? I'm in a reading mood
Old 10-23-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

christina what kinda books do you like ?? horror, romance, drama, thriller etc? xx
Old 10-23-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hey so good to see you Apple and Tx. I 've lost count of the times I've had to restart, so know that feeling all too well. Welcome home.
Bbfly, good luck on the job. That sounds wonderful!
Finishing my yard work, and I'm beat. Love fall, and trees, but hate those dreaded leaves. Nice to look at, but raking, mulching is exhausting. Catch up with you all later.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
christina what kinda books do you like ?? horror, romance, drama, thriller etc? xx
Any and all.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I really like any by Jodi picoult, tasmina perry, Jackie Collins. also like Stephen king if I feel scary :-)
Old 10-23-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Awesome. I've never heard of Tasmina. Love all the others. Thanks
Old 10-23-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Cristina, I'm currently reading The City by Dean Koontz. Love Stephen King, and John Grisham, Lee Childs are a few good authors you might want to check out. I don't read as much as I once did, but still enjoy a good book now and again.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Perfect Max. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Cristina, I have read three of JoJo Moyes books in the past few months. My favorite was The Girl You Left Behind, but I also liked Me Before You and One Plus One.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Cristina, I have read three of JoJo Moyes books in the past few months. My favorite was The Girl You Left Behind, but I also liked Me Before You and One Plus One.
Wonderful. I've never read any of her books. Thanks
Old 10-23-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Evening guys and girls

Just checking in. Good day but a very long day at work. All is good though.

Hope everyone is doing well. Good to see you Apple and TX.

KNB - please keep checking in with us.

Lots of work drinks seem to be going on in my office this week. I am sailing through by avoiding them and instead I have been able to help and support a colleague going through a tough time. This is what life is about, not being the selfish person I used to be.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Evening guys and girls

Just checking in. Good day but a very long day at work. All is good though.

Hope everyone is doing well. Good to see you Apple and TX.

KNB - please keep checking in with us.

Lots of work drinks seem to be going on in my office this week. I am sailing through by avoiding them and instead I have been able to help and support a colleague going through a tough time. This is what life is about, not being the selfish person I used to be.
Love the selfless attitude- well done!
Old 10-23-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Knb. U one of us. Even if u do join another class. Ur always welcome
Old 10-23-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hey team A, I'm not doing so good tonight. Too much bs going on. Drama queen I'm not, but just caved in again, with a few. I've been here, done that so many freakin times. I feel I'm not worthy of team A. Sorry all, not making any excuses, just putting it out there. If I really want to be a part of SR and my recovery, why do I still keep making the wrong choices? Habit? Addiction? Probably both of those. Its so hard. I will post again when I feel better about being such a ****. Sorry team...
So another day one again? I've had too many day ones. Thanks for all the support. I didn't reach out, because I didn't want to, before I picked up. So, my bad. I'm even asking myself, do I even still want to?
I must, because I would not come clean with my class if I didn't. Really admire all of you that have come so far. I'm scared and upset that I will never make it. Just sayin. And so glad for all of you that have come this far. Will post when I feel it. Thanks team A.
I know this isn't a contest by any means, but for some of us who have failed, myself, time and time again, me I'm speaking of, well, it gets harder every time to get back in. I will still try.
Thanks team.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Hi folks. Checkin in quick... head is in a really bad place and I am annoyed that I cannot exercise for three weeks. Really struggling..

I may leave this class and join a beginners one.Will still pop in and say hi. ;-(
I was frustrated for the eight weeks I couldn't run. Fortunately I found that my fitness rebounded very quickly after the layoff.

I totally understand the value in being a part of a group which is experiencing milestones together- it makes things more relatable especially as we're marking time in days right now. Eventually we'll be marking time in years and we'll all be at the same place +/- a couple of months.

So- no reason you, or anyone here, can't be a part of two classes if this helps in their journey. I just want to emphasize that each member adds particular, individual, and substantial value to the group- and helps define the culture of Team August.

And each deserves to continue to be celebrated for who they are- and who they'll be. Regardless of a requisite number of consecutive alcohol free days.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Well put, Ultra!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Hey team A, I'm not doing so good tonight. Too much bs going on. Drama queen I'm not, but just caved in again, with a few. I've been here, done that so many freakin times. I feel I'm not worthy of team A. Sorry all, not making any excuses, just putting it out there. If I really want to be a part of SR and my recovery, why do I still keep making the wrong choices? Habit? Addiction? Probably both of those. Its so hard. I will post again when I feel better about being such a ****. Sorry team... So another day one again? I've had too many day ones. Thanks for all the support. I didn't reach out, because I didn't want to, before I picked up. So, my bad. I'm even asking myself, do I even still want to? I must, because I would not come clean with my class if I didn't. Really admire all of you that have come so far. I'm scared and upset that I will never make it. Just sayin. And so glad for all of you that have come this far. Will post when I feel it. Thanks team A. I know this isn't a contest by any means, but for some of us who have failed, myself, time and time again, me I'm speaking of, well, it gets harder every time to get back in. I will still try. Thanks team.
Love you M! Im right here w ya. Wondering why. Soooo many whys. And feeling the weight of failure. But ya know. We r here. And does it really matter if it takes a thousand day 1's if it helps to finally make it to day a million? So what some of us r slower than others. Maybe we can still be part of team A and say we r team A* cuz it may take us a bit longer???