Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 10

Old 10-21-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hey all

Back in a very windy London. The flight was 'interesting' a little bumpy.

Hey Maximus glad you are on the mend from your throat problems. Good luck with the job hunting

Penkins sorry to hear you have had a rough time and I am glad you have made a decision

1step keep fighting the good fight brother. You're having a run of rotten luck just now but isn't it more powerful fighting it in sobriety? After the downs will come a big 'up' I am sure

pink you did a wicked job fighting the wine AV. The more you have it and stop it the weaker it's going to get.

determined I related sooo much to the 'drinking before people show up at my party' thing - going to be great to relax and enjoy this time for you

cute good to see you check in, tired is good - means you are learning a lot and getting stuck in

Well done chris on kicking ass on the 12 hour day. Doesn't everything seem so much more manageable and achievable now?

BBF loved your chicken wings post. I love spicy food.

Choobie - you are a tough cookie. Sorry you had a rough Sunday, but your thinking was spot on to me. Thank you for your insightful and inspiring posts.

Cristina great to see you!

Scooter hope you had a good day after your early start

Hello mvngone nice to see you check in

Hello to anyone I missed whilst I was on a go slow due to lack of wi-fi. Give us a check in knb and brach I hope you are rocking the job. ultra hope the training is going well and hello glandon too!

Team A!!
Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thanks London, glad you got back ok- wouldn't have fancied that plane landing in this weather though!

Had a call from a mate who's been in and out of AA with me before, it was good to talk to him and generally reaffirm to each other where that one drink would lead us, he's just over 3weeks sober now.

Need to find myself some more social activity as well as AA. Its my 34th birthday on Bonfire night next month so might arrange a sober night out bowling or something, just to break the monotony.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Ah 1step it was side-to-side big time on the approach with a big drop on the way down to the runway. I found it quite exciting really, but most of the other peeps on the plane didn't.

Bowling for your birthday sounds spot on!

I forgot the lovely Grateful on my roll call....I see her on the 24hr thread just before me most days. Give us a check in Grateful!
Old 10-21-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Glad you made it home ok London.

I just read a study that shows coffee is great for your liver so drink up everyone.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

hey London welcome home :-) where is the 24 hr thread? had a little look and I cant find it.... :-)
Old 10-21-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

hey guys all good here! literally just got in from my meditation group which I went to straight after work and now I'm planning on heading straight to bed!! haha it's great though, really couldn't complain. work is ace, I'm loving being productive once again and proving my worth to myself and others.

I'll have a proper catch up and read tomorrow when I won't get in so late. You guys are always in my prayers, peace to you all.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Cristina - you gave me an excuse to drink pumpkin spiced latte ALL WEEK!

Pink - it's called '24 hour recovery connections' on the same board as Team August. Commit and post to 24 hours of sobriety. It's the first thing I do each morning :-)
Old 10-21-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

London thanks, think this may help me x
Old 10-21-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

BBF - - are ghost peppers the ones you must use goggles and gloves to cook with? I like spicy, but not over-the-top!

London, I would have been like one of the other peeps on that flight!

1Step, I hope you decided to laugh, not cry. You have had a miserable day, and hopefully tomorrow will be a great one. If you like bowling, you might try to join a bowling team.

Maximus, good luck on the job search. I hope you have the same luck as Cute and Brach.

Apple and knb, we need to hear from you!

Hello to everyone else on the team. I went to the Y early, met some family members for lunch off-Cape, went through more summer clothes and baked a cranberry pie for my neighbor who is not eating much.

Since Scooter my dog had me up and outside so early, I plan to turn in early.

Have a safe and sober night everyone.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Just a reminder that the Online Tuesday meeting is in 30 minutes I will be there hope to "see" some of you! PS- You don't have to "say" anything you can just listen. I get some good nuggets of information from it and some inspiration too.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi All- vacation ends tomorrow.

Run was interesting. Very cold and wet with only 10 signed up. The course was unfamiliar to me so I had to run much faster than planed to avoid being left behind somewhere in the VT woods! Still feeling the effects of the run- especially as I go up and down stairs.

Hope all are well!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ultramarathoner View Post
Hi All- vacation ends tomorrow.

Run was interesting. Very cold and wet with only 10 signed up. The course was unfamiliar to me so I had to run much faster than planed to avoid being left behind somewhere in the VT woods! Still feeling the effects of the run- especially as I go up and down stairs.

Hope all are well!
Congrats Ultra for finishing the run!! Hope you are resting and that you have a very safe trip back.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Checking in, trying to catch up on posts. Seems like most of the team is doing well. Day 24! I'm doing really well right now. My recovery from my surgery is going well. It's helped me get refocused on my health. I eliminated drinking alcohol (yeah!), chips, Klondike bars and I'm really limiting my carbs. I went back into the office today. Working from home was a lot easier. I can't start walking / exercising for another month. I'll be ready! I need to spend some more time catching up on posts but hope you are doing well!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
hey London welcome home :-) where is the 24 hr thread? had a little look and I cant find it.... :-)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-20-a-15.html

D
Old 10-21-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Morning all

Up and about early, AA breakfast meeting.

It's cold and dark - so after what Cristina posted I will be getting a large hot coffee.

Rah - I am glad your recovery is going well
Old 10-21-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

morning!!!!!

london Im having a caramel Americano doing some work before work in my dark little village with the cottage curtains open and some candles going, its so cozy!!! I bet I wont feel so cozy in half hour when I step outside into the typhoon and my hair looks like worzel gummage!!! enjoy your latte and meeting, have a good day!

hey all hope you are all well and that lifes battles are being won bit by bit. I haven't posted much this week as incredibly busy with my studying, but every chance im reading through the thread on my phone (when in traffic jams / in between clinics, that sort of thing). Thanks for the ghost saves you simply marvellous people.

Today I am grateful for:
-COFFEE!!!!
-waking up after 8 hours of solid sleep feeling fresh. what an amazingly normal thing to be grateful for, so so grateful for this today.
-having done the washing up last night when it was supposed to be done, not stumbling down to find the remenants of last nights dinner
-emptying a non-clanking bin bag. No bottles needed in my bag anymore thank you!!!!
-the tawny owl which woke me up singing today. Ive never seen her, but I hear her most days the sneaky lass!
-porridge - I have such a warm feeling in my tummy today. Gone are the days where breakfast was a packet of mints to hide my wine breath!!
-10 days until my I begin a tennis coaching course, really looking forward to stepping up my game!
-5 weeks until my holiday
-1.5lbs lost at fat club last night :-)
-the endless 24hour support in this little room. thanks guys.
-being able to se straight to write this in the morning, and having enough time to do so before work

I wish everyone a successful day today. I have a very busy morning at work, then an afternoon of studying. I have 4000 words due in in 4 weeks so need to get my ass in gear!!!

be peaceful today. look around. notice the little things. take a second glance. pat yourself on the back for coming this far, for getting through the last day, the last hour . YOU did that, on your own. how great are you?!!!

Much Love all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 10-22-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Pink, great post to wake up to! London, it is cold and dark here too, but I am really enjoying it. Having some coffee and then gym before work.

Rah, great to see you recovering and already looking ahead to getting back to exercising. You are on the good path! Doesn't your outlook seem bright and peaceful now?

To follow pinks post, I am really grateful for my sleep patterns returning to normal. The calm mind and not wasting my entire day beating myself up and obsessing about alcohol. My intellect is returning too.

Apple, where the heck are you sober day twin?

I am starting to embrace the thought of forever sober now. AV still gives me nostalgia nonsense to deal with, but I am slowly working on building this resolve. My sobriety is not a novelty fueled by my running from my last embarrassing drunk episode, like so many failed attempts before.

Curious if you guys are thinking like this now that we have some sober time under our belts?

In it to win it team.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

go determined!

yeah it took me about 3-4 months to move from day to day to daring to hope for forever

D
Old 10-22-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Morning class
I had a mole removed at the back of my thigh yeaterday. Got stitches and feeling a bit sore today.

I cant do any form of exercise for three weeks so I will have to be stricter with my eating habits. Not gonna be easy but at least I wont be drinking empty calories
Old 10-22-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I will not drink today