Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 10

Old 10-20-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Day 18 coming to a close. I have a head cold and I stopped and got some take out bbq on the way home from school. Ghost pepper boneless wings hurt so good!

Pink I'm so happy you made it thorough that AV attack. Good job.

Hang in there penkins. Only you can say if it's worth it to keep trying. You say your husband says he loves you I think that's a good sign.

1step what you are going through is very hard and I think it's great that instead of drinking about it you are talking through it here. It'll pass and things will look up someday.

Chris usually when I have drinking dreams I brush them off (of course thrilled it was just a dream) I will try to read into it when it happens next and see what my subconscious is trying to tell me.

Enjoy your night scooterboo!
Old 10-20-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

And hi mvngon!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Just decided to sign on tonight before bed and say hello. Things are good.. A bit stressful but good. Hope everyone is well. I skimmed through the posts. My eyes hurt im so tired haha. <3 Everyone have a gr8 Tuesday. Miss y'all
Old 10-21-2014, 01:01 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Good morning guys and girls

Sorry for my lack of posts.

I am in the middle of dental treatment (in Europe) which I have been putting off for ten years! No-where near as bad as I feared and the longer term outlook is pretty good with some intensive treatment. No teeth need to be pulled, mostly cosmetics after the hard stuff, bonus.

Quick post whilst on wifi. I will catch up properly later on. Hope everyone is doing OK.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Quick check in team. Hosting a halloween party at my house on Saturday. Games for kids and beer and wine for the parents. AV went nuts at thought of beer in the cooler on a nice fall day with a fire burning. But then I played the tape...

Looking forward to watching things I never payed attention to, like how others actually drink. No doubt the guys will have one or two beers.... I would have started while getting things ready and had a good six or so before people showed up. And then kept going thinking I was the ever funny and entertaining "mr continental." Then woke up and freaked out, hinting to my wife to fill me in on the prior night. Man, I am glad to not be that guy anymore..

Just saying... Posting cause it helps.

Rock on sober Tuesday A team! Guess what, we are doing this thing!
Old 10-21-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Scooter woke me to go outside a bit after 5:00 this morning; oh, it was tough getting out of bed, but nothing like it would have been after a night of drinking. Instead of going back to bed, I decided to start the day.

1step, I hope today is easier for you. This is definitely a series of ups and downs.

London, good luck with your dental work. It will be over before you know it. What made you decide to go to Europe to have it done?

Cute, please keep posting - -even just a line to let us all know how you are.

Max, how are you?

knb, I am keeping a copy of your post where you wrote how hard it was to quit again and how you did not enjoy your binge.

Apple, what's up? We haven't heard from you.

Have a safe, sober, happy day everyone.

Last edited by ScooterBoo; 10-21-2014 at 02:49 AM. Reason: add
Old 10-21-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Good morning!

London, good luck with your dental work. It will be over before you know it. What made you decide to go to Europe to have it done?

Have a safe, sober, happy day everyone.
Wishing you the same scooter! You are up early.

Thank you for the good luck wish. I love the health service in the UK for anything other than teeth! Anything beyond standard maintenance and essential work is prohibitively expensive. Cosmetic stuff requires a property remortgage!

Here I am paying 35% of the UK price and the facilities are top notch with full aftercare. Plus, every British dentist I have ever been to has pretty much spoken to me like a 5 year old and everything is so so rushed. Not over here. I am grateful I have a little bit saved to come.

I did look into your p.m about student work - thank you so much for the suggestion, but as I needed an implant for one missing back tooth it was best here.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Want to shout out a big thank you to my SR friends for their support. Hubby and i had a ling talk and agreed to give this a few months of both of us really working to make the marriage work before we throw in the towel.

I know i really need to focus on me and making positive changes in my life. Honestly i don't like me or the person Ive become. Ive always followed others and then regretting my actions. Not just in drinking but other things as well like words I speak or non alcohol related things I do.

I don't want another divorce. But more than that I want "me" back. I need to learn to stand up for myself and not follow the crowd.

Anyway. Wanted to share and put this in writing.

Thanks friends! Have a great sober day!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Good morning!
I just lost a long, meaningful post. So, in summary:
good Saturday
rough Sunday
Found myself once again trapped inside of spouse's alcohol merry-go-round
felt guilty for not having more sympathy for behavior which was so similar to mine while drinking
Realized bad behavior is just that
Used new calm assertiveness skills
New skills were successful
created new boundaries that help me make better decisions
Stepped off merry-go-round
regained inner peace
gained insight about my own alcoholism and it's effect on myself and family
found more self direction and confidence

TeamAugust
Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Penkins, our minds are alike this morning. I think you are making a wise decision. Sobriety has helped me regain the person I really am and a path to work on who I want to be. Great job!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Seems like we are all hanging in there. .
Cute good to hear from you.

BBF ghost peppers really?? That's crazy spicy!!! .

London my brother lived in the uk for two years and he said the same thing. Great health coverage but dental was just awful.

Determined have a wonderful party. Enjoying it sober will be so much more fun.

I know I'm missing more people so hi to whoever I missed. Have a blessed day everyone.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, glad you're dental work is getting done well London, and good to hear that you've come to a rational decision on your future Penkins.

Full of cold (AGAIN!) today, if its not one thing its another for me lately, trying to keep going, eating healthily etc, but it does make me wonder where are the rewards for my new sober life and when will they materialise???!!

Thanks for the PM Scooter.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hang in there, 1step! There are rewards, but it's not magic. Focus on today and the future. Your daughters will certainly appreciate it! I always feel more emotionally lousy when I'm ill. Maybe your body needs a little rest to heal up a bit?

Stay with us and keep posting! You are doing great and you’ll turn the corner, soon!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hope you get to feeling better 1step. Take care of yourself.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 71. Woke up at 5:23am. At work by 6:04am. Boy, how did I ever do this after a night of heavy drinking????? I am tired but so clear headed right now and I feel I can tackle on the 12 hour day ahead !!
Love and hugs to you all !!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Hope you get to feeling better 1step. Take care of yourself.
Hope you feel better 1step. Keep checking in with us and I know that cloud will give way to lots of light !
Old 10-21-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I pay for it Christina. lol!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Still feeling rough, blowing a gale outside, went to alcohol counselling appointment today despite feeling terrible, as I had to phone ahead and cancel last weeks appointment because I had my daughters parents evening at school but re-arranged it for today.

Walked all the way there in the wind and rain, waited about 15mins, and asked the receptionist what the delay was, she said 'oh he's gone he tried calling you, he left after you were late!' I was 15mins early, and asked her to call him, had to walk home again in the wind and rain and he then called apologising- he thought my appointment was an hour earlier than it was!

Felt angry but held it together, it was my last session and its been re-arranged for Thursday or Friday now, he's going to call me tomorrow to let me know. Got home soaked through and didn't know whether to laugh or cry or head to the nearest pub!

Hope this run of bad luck ends soon- my patience is wearing thin.....
Old 10-21-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Aww 1step, hope you feel better soon! And your luck improves as well.
Bbfly, spicy always works for me, sick or not! It really makes me feel better.
Scooter, I'm finally getting better. Strep is horrible!
Penkins, glad to hear you've come to a decision. Wishing the best for you.
Choobie, sorry bout your rough weekend, hope things calm down a bit for you.
Cute, glad you checked in, and thanks for the pm. Missing you around here.
Hey to Cristina, determined, and Calichris, and of course to the rest of team A.
I'm back looking for employment again now that I'm feeling better. Put in a few apps online yesterday. Hoping something comes my way soon. I really need the $, plus it would be good therapy for me to have another purpose in my life. I've really missed working since I lost my home business some years back.
Have a great sober today all.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hey Knb, where u at missy? Check in, k? Missing u.