# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2013 - Part 13

Last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-20.html

D
Old 10-03-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So I had it lined up to work extra to make up for lost hrs, and a vindictive manager refused to approve me working, to hurt me on hrs, because he had to ride the ambulance today. None of the part timers would come in.
Gotta do better. Start looking for a better opportunity tomorrow, where this job can be the part time one I don't really care about. Jerks.
Hey ! I get the first weekend off with my kids in 6 months
Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So here is a pic

They are 8.5 months.

She has 2 bottom teeth. He has none.

He crawls. She shows no interest (but will lean in on something within her vicinity that she may want and yell at it to come to her).

They are both very happy babies.

He sleeps an average amount of time. She hardly ever sleeps. But during the night they both do pretty good.

They are so much fun. I love being a daddy. My wife is amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1842.JPG (75.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 10-03-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jeff,

I wish I had solutions for you. I fear the following may trivialize your circumstances. But it is genuine:

You've got alot right now. I know there are others who have walked in similar shoes. Some have been successful in climbing their mountains. My guess is that they started by taking control of what they could. I wish the same for you.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Driver, I couldn't open your pics. Babies are wonderful. I am so happy that they are doing well.

We are having trouble with my son who is in college involving excessive partying. I would appreciate prayers, too. I feel like my worst fears are getting manifested and it pains me so much. I want this cycle of alcoholism to stop in my family. I want him to understand the dangerous path that he is on.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

15 days for me today. Thank God my one month binge is over. I am really going to start researching binge alcoholics because I finally know what I am. 15 days feels great! That month……not so much.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, Leezer! We are the October 2013 group who started getting sober a year ago. I am not sure you are wanting to be with us or the October 2014 group?!? We are happy to be of support any way that we can.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Driver you make beautiful little ppl !!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Omg ! Our wellpump went out.
We are so far in debt I fear well never get out. I'm so tired of being afraid of losing everything due to whatever. At least drinking is not catalyst for troubles like it's been. I'm just tired. Tired
Old 10-05-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

JL, I have been in so much debt before (when my husband was laid off and jobless and he is the primary breadwinner of our family of six) that I had more than one person tell us that our only option was bankruptcy. I was so stressed out that bankruptcy was beginning to sound like a good option. But, we didn't have to go bankrupt. We just did our best day by day, paying the bills we could, negotiating the ones we couldn't. My husband got an okay job, then he got a better job, then he landed a great job again. We are out of debt and even have some savings. Drinking didn't help with any of this, but it did hurt our health and our relations when we drank heavily through the whole debacle. I have a feeling we would have gotten out of it even sooner, had we had our full wits about ourselves. Take a breath and worry about what you can do in the next 24 hours only.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Still here all! Fighting the fight....waaaaaayyyyy too busy to read or post, but still sober and BACK IN COSTA RICA!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was so far in debt - with just basic utilities - it took me a full year to get out of it.

Like DD said you just chip away at it, do what you can, JL...they probably have budgeting help services in the stateswho can help you budget and deal with your creditors?

Glad you're back in CR Trudging

D
Old 10-06-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you so so much dd and dee ! Trudging very glad you're still with us.
Only have a few big credit issues left, but not able to save a penny. So scared right now of trying to get another job.
6 months ago I was scared I was gonna die from being crazy and drunk! This is really not as scary ! 24 hrs will be what work on today. My wife got upset when I told her I was gOing to look for jobs again. It makes her scared and she's had to put up with me leaving jobs because of alcohol related attendance issues.
Hugs and thank you again and again.
Praying for each of you
Old 10-06-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ok when to stick with your job vs when to look for another one? I'm a recovering alcoholic so non drinkers views aren't the same one this.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am a big believer in being the tortoise versus the hare, Jeff. Don't look for the quick fix in anything. Stay strong and steady and deal with life on a today only basis. This is not to say don't change jobs, but be thoughtful and realistic about it all. The economy is definitely getting better, so you don't have to jump.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Driver, the babies are gorgeous!!!! They look so happy and fun!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I can't thank you enough for the thoughts DD. Gonna try to find a partime job to fill the days with. Our OT is over with supposedly. Still need to stick it out though. Not a bad job like that one I had this time last yr! I think a couple of ppl I worked with were on amphetamines to stay awake for 36 hrs at a time. Whew hadn't thought about that in a while
Old 10-06-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi all ... I hope everyone is doing well.

Driver ... Those are two cute babies! I bet they keep you jumping.

Trudging ... Thanks for checking in. Glad to hear that you are doing well with your sobriety.

DD ... I was wondering how your son was doing with college. Unfortunately, many kids experiment with excessive partying. It must be very hard to watch from a distance.

JL ... Hang in there. Money problems can be all consuming are they create a lot of stress. You've received some great advice. Control what you can, reach out for assistance, and take it one day at a time. Solutions exist, but they are not of the overnight variety. Stay the course.

I'll be going on vacation for a week plus later this week. Going to Arizona to relax a bit and visit my mom. My wife will be with me the first weekend and then she'll return home and I'll stay with my mom a little longer. I'm looking forward to getting away, but I sure will miss the kids!

This is our month Tobers. Keep the faith.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Friends!! I missed you guys!

I think I mentioned the passing of my dad in early September? Anyway, he left me a car so I flew out to Texas on Friday with my middle kiddo and we Thelma and Louise'd it back in the convertible. LOL It was nice one-on-one time with her - I don't do that enough with the kids! I helped my step mom with some yard work while I was there and ended up with an allergic reaction to the mulch. I am so itchy and uncomfortable! Got some 'roids today from the doc so hoping that clears things up.

Driver - holy cats! Those are some cute babies!! Glad to hear things are good and the babies are keeping you busy. Also nice to hear the admiration for your wife. Very sweet.

JL - when I read your posts I just want something GOOD to happen for you. Things can't always be bad. One foot in front of the other and things will turn around. They have to. Good people deserve good things in life. (((hugs)))

Trudging - glad you are back in CR! Hope things are getting better with the hubs.

WD - have a great time at your moms! A little break from the kids is good for everyone now and then LOL.

DD - lots of great advice from you above. I really love how this group works. You all certainly do not feel like strangers to me anymore... Sorry to hear about your son. I do think it is normal to party when you first get to college but knowing what we all know - it must be so hard to watch from the sidelines. Sending lots of prayers to you (all of you actually).

This IS our month!! (love that, WD!)
Old 10-06-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm with DD on this one Jeff

Great pic Driver - they're really growing

D