# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2014 Part 8

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-21.html

D
Old 09-30-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Apple on 6 weeks we started together at one point. Glad to see you rocking it
Old 09-30-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

4 days today. (gonna start the day counting again) Its hard to believe I once went 66 days with no problem. (even going OUT clubbing) :P I hope everyone is having a good day /night. xo
Old 09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, Cute. I've been in a few classes. :/
I still post in April, too, since I started my journey (attempts!) then. But 42 almost 43 full days is my longest stretch!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ya I believe it was April. #Soberlicious haha I want that on a tank :P
Old 09-30-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow guys and gals I step away for 1-2 days and have 100+ posts to catch up on! Team-August is busy I like it !!!

One of the recent topics is celebrating our milestones. I must admit I am personally very selfish on that one and I celebrate every 10 days (so far 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 today!).

I know I won't do this forever but it gives me a reacheable goal and the days add up faster this way. Probably at day 100 I will just do every 25 or 50 days or so. Really it is whatever keeps up motivated that counts and for me it is having something to look forward to every 10 days. Usually I celebrate with a special dinner or dessert with my wife. Day 100 will be BIG I have it on my calendar and my wife and I cross off the days one-by-one together it makes it very special and not something I am doing alone.

Another recent topic... Will we be here in August of 2015? Absolutely!, but keep your eye on the present moment. Look too far in the future and the AV will wipe you out! (believe me I speak from past experiences!). One day at a time we bank up the sober days. Days turn into weeks, months, and years but they are achieved one by one. Keep your eye on the road right in front of you not 100 miles away where you will steer off the road right under your feet.

Don't forget there is an online meeting in 75 minutes right here on SR in the chat room !! See you there !!

Love you all and so proud to be with you all on this journey of health and healing !!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope to be around in August 2015. But I can't think past spiked cider at Halloween, white wine with Thanksgiving turkey, and Cabernet and roast beef at Christmas. So I have to stay focused on today, tomorrow and this weekend. And remind myself how cruddy I have made myself feel by drinking! Ugh!

But I AM thinking about it day to day and hour to hour less frequently....progress.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Calichris! 50!! Awesome. Thanks for the many congrats today team, very special. Apple, I hear you on the holiday thing. But, I have a feeling this team is going to push past this year. I really do.

Too many of us have fallen for the AV holiday lies, it is truly the grinch that tries to steal the real joy from us of being present for our families. Last christmas I was drinking jack and coke while my relatives were over and my son was opening presents. It was 9am. Nobody said anything because it was the "holidays" and I am sure you can guess how the rest of the days went... Not this time. I remember how much that bothered me for literally weeks afterward.

Rah, I cannot tell you how many times I have shut my office door and simply sat there, head in shaking hands and said, what the heck happened... I did not want to do it again and I did. How many times, etc... I can say, read your posts later in the week when you start to feel good and the AV calls again. It will. It lies. Keep posting here, this team will get you through. It helps so much to know we are all united in this fight.

Good night my clear headed comrades!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 50 Calichris! You (and your wife!) have a great system going which is clearly working. Way to go!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll be around next August. With great humility I affirm the following:

In August 2015 I have enjoyed the benefits of being alcohol free for over a year and am excited to begin my final three months of training for my Ultra Marathon.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Chris - congrats

D
Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yay, Chris!!

Determined - I love it - AV as the Grinch. I'll have to remember that one this season, thank you!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

morning guys!

chris - 50 days :-) that's fantastic, enjoy your celebrations, you deserve them!!

ultra - loving the posivity there. I too will be here in august next year, celebrating my 1 year anniversary on the 28th august 2015!!

However, im not daft, and know that some days are day by day, some days are hour by hour, and I had one terrible day that felt like minute by minute - I know those days can creep in at any time.

today is cold and foggy in my little village - winter is on its way! I have the holiday blues and need some sun! I have a holiday in December, it cannot come soon enough!

today I am grateful for a few things:
-waking up before my alarm and wanting to get up and post on here - not getting up
before my alarm because I needed to vomit
-all you lovely people on here who ghost save me throughout the day and keep me going
when the going gets tough
-going to tour a new gym this evening with a view to joining to get my fitness levels up
-having the time to enjoy life rather than it passing in a blur - I notice details I didn't
even realise were there before
-having time for breakfast in the mornings - and physically being able to eat it!!
-feeling fresh and ready for the day ahead - TODAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY!!!

have a great day all, thinking of you xxx
Old 09-30-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning all

Wowsers, part 8!

Final 60p coffee of my trip before I head home to London

Have a good day all

pink - that grateful list is a great read today :-) Let me see if I can bring some sun back !
Old 10-01-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Have a safe trip London xx
Old 10-01-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Team A-
I have been following from a distance. Proud and inspired from all the success. Plus the amazing ones who got right back up to fight again! I hope I can jump back in. Day 12.
It's 11pm here so time to catch some ZZZs. Happy sober hump day!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
4 days today. (gonna start the day counting again) Its hard to believe I once went 66 days with no problem. (even going OUT clubbing) :P I hope everyone is having a good day /night. xo
Cute I know what you mean.I cant count the number of times I tried to quit for a whole week in the past four years. And now I am sailing through to nearly two months of sobriety...Just shows that the only person who stops you from achieving is yourself. Scary and exhilarating at the same time

Your mind is a powerful thing.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I hope to be around in August 2015. But I can't think past spiked cider at Halloween, white wine with Thanksgiving turkey, and Cabernet and roast beef at Christmas. So I have to stay focused on today, tomorrow and this weekend. And remind myself how cruddy I have made myself feel by drinking! Ugh!

But I AM thinking about it day to day and hour to hour less frequently....progress.
Christmas and New Years makes me nervous already. Don't know why because I have been around heavy drinkers lately and not had the desire to drink.

I am thinking about it too much.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ultramarathoner View Post
I'll be around next August. With great humility I affirm the following:

In August 2015 I have enjoyed the benefits of being alcohol free for over a year and am excited to begin my final three months of training for my Ultra Marathon.
Good for you Ultra!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
morning guys!

chris - 50 days :-) that's fantastic, enjoy your celebrations, you deserve them!!

ultra - loving the posivity there. I too will be here in august next year, celebrating my 1 year anniversary on the 28th august 2015!!

However, im not daft, and know that some days are day by day, some days are hour by hour, and I had one terrible day that felt like minute by minute - I know those days can creep in at any time.

today is cold and foggy in my little village - winter is on its way! I have the holiday blues and need some sun! I have a holiday in December, it cannot come soon enough!

today I am grateful for a few things:
-waking up before my alarm and wanting to get up and post on here - not getting up
before my alarm because I needed to vomit
-all you lovely people on here who ghost save me throughout the day and keep me going
when the going gets tough
-going to tour a new gym this evening with a view to joining to get my fitness levels up
-having the time to enjoy life rather than it passing in a blur - I notice details I didn't
even realise were there before
-having time for breakfast in the mornings - and physically being able to eat it!!
-feeling fresh and ready for the day ahead - TODAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY!!!

have a great day all, thinking of you xxx
I second that!!!