# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2014 Part 7

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-22.html

D
Old 09-22-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and I hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy sober Monday! Back to the grind....it was a blur of a weekend for me so I'm glad..!!

Reminding myself this morning that I'm in control of my sobriety now. Making good, but hard, choices....and reaping the benefits!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (37.3 KB, 145 views)
Old 09-22-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

G'day friends!

London well done on 7 weeks! it's been a big help watching people like yourselves go from strength to strength in this thread.

Dee get well soon!

Cute hope you enjoyed a happy sober birthday!

Determined I don't think I've heard those mooji cd's, what are they called? sounds good. I've listened to some krishnamurti but need to return to it and yes Siddhartha is a great book. I just got sent an email about a mindfulness course starting just down the road from me so am gonna sign up for that.

Penkins well done on your 2 weeks, it's great your partners is doing it with you.

I'm feeling good today - happy and content. I'm still waiting to hear back about my job interview last week, but the recruitment adviser has told me it's between me and one other! eek. I'd love to get it, but think if it doesn't work out I know something else will come around. I'm running some errands for my family today and helping out where I can so I'm glad I can be of help to them. I'm also working on setting up my ebay store which is cool, just waiting for me first order of bedding. It's all so amazing, I really couldn't have dreamed of doing any of this when I was drinking.

I wish you all a great sober day - peace and power to you all.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good day all. I hope everyone is having a great Monday. Good to not feel like I need another 2 days to recover from the weekend.

Today, I have completed 4 weeks without alcohol. BOOM!

To mark the occasion, I've signed up to a fitness forum (I hope you don't consider this cheating on you guys, you're still my one true A-Team!) and joined a 6 week challenge.

Bring it on!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning all.

I truly loved being sober this morning. Daughter was having a bit of a tantrum but I was able to keep cool instead if overreacting and she worked through it. Was able to actually spend some time constructing my kids' lunches instead of groggily throwing food in bags. Wasn't desperate to get them off just so I could be alone in my hangover. The sun is out, it's fall. Why do I have this other aspect of my psyche that wants to give all that up for a drink? Why in the world have I listened to it for so long.

Oh well, can only move forward. Glad to be sober this morning.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
Good day all. I hope everyone is having a great Monday. Good to not feel like I need another 2 days to recover from the weekend.

Today, I have completed 4 weeks without alcohol. BOOM!

To mark the occasion, I've signed up to a fitness forum (I hope you don't consider this cheating on you guys, you're still my one true A-Team!) and joined a 6 week challenge.

Bring it on!
Congratulations Leeloo!! Which forum is this? I am really into my fitness so that would interest me too
Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

knb- per your comment: "I think there are a couple of others who have managed to be sober for longer than 7 weeks but they don't seem to post much. But yes sthlondon seems to be the leader of the pack ;-)

I actually went back to the beginning of this thread and over 50 people had joined this class. Its now whittled down to about 15 of us.

I read my first post and thought Wow I have come a looooong way since then."

Thanks for checking out who is still around from the original group. I was thinking about doing the same thing. This may indeed be the core group that goes on through our collective 100 day, then 1 year anniversaries and beyond!!

I was going to make a suggestion: that we indicate our quit dates in our signature lines? A number of us already do this. There was a previous comment made about how many milestones have been reached? I get a little fuzzy about where everyone is. I am big on celebrating success. Lord knows we have all previously beat ourselves up with our past failures, regarding AL and we comment a lot about our current challenges (to be expected in these relatively early days of our sobriety), but steadily the challenges will go away and be progressively replaced by our growing successes.

I for one, am energized by my daily success and am also energized by the steady successes of the others in this group- this is a big part of why I am here.

So, knowing where everyone is along the path would, at least for me, be a big help.

Make sense?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm happy to add mine. Counting days, while not a necessity for everyone, is a big motivator for me personally.

Today is day 35 so by midnight tonight I will have a full 5 weeks under my belt!

What I need is a Team August roster, lol!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great work on the 100 miles Glandon! I like your idea and have updated my profile.

Hope all are doing well!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I do like to think of the group and who we haven't heard from within a few days.

With that said, and with the preface that anyone is welcome to the ATeam at any time, and always, always, always welcome back....I tried to put together a list of names just from a few selected pages - who have I missed thus far? I'd love to hear from anyone willing who hasn't checked in in awhile!

Applekat
Mvngon
knb02
glandon
Ultramarathoner
Leeloo
TXAlchy
brach123
Grateful11
Choobie
sthlondonab
pinklinzangel
1stepup
penkins
determined99
calichris
CuteNGayYay
bblackbirdflyy
ScooterBoo
zozotxiki
dingodog
Old 09-22-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Congratulations Leeloo!! Which forum is this? I am really into my fitness so that would interest me too
It's the community at Nerd Fitness: Helping You Lose Weight, Get Stronger, Live Better.

I love it, because I'm a bit of a nerd and there you create your own challenge character and start a Quest, earn points and join a Guild (depending on what kind of sport you do). So you can be an assassin, or ranger, or monk or druid or whatnot.

So that's right up my alley as it brings a bit of fun to the whole pumpin' iron business.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done Leeloo on 4weeks!

Don't mind adding my sobriety date either, I was also wandering what percentage are still on board here from the start so thanks for the posts about this.

Did my weights earlier and have over done it, didn't hurt at first but a few hours later my right elbow joint is killing hoping its just a strain and that it'll get better soon- its been a big trigger for me in the past injuries that stop me doing my fitness regime and today is the first day Ive thought of a drink in a while, know it'll pass though- wouldn't want yet another sobriety date change!!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Dee.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

evening ladies and gents :-)

Brach - so glad life is looking up for you, sounds like you're doing just grand there :-)

Leeloo - 4 weeks!!!!! massive well done to you :-) that fitness link sounds fab, will check it out!

Applekat - 5 weeks at midnight? the countdown is on! great work!

Glandon - 100miles? eeek I need to up my game, I was chuffed I walked 10 miles last
week!!!! baby steps :-)

Dee- hugs, and well wishes sent your way

everyone -- hope you are all having a happy Monday!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Linz! Unfortunately I didn't get the job, but the recruitment adviser seemed confident if wouldn't be long until I would get something. I felt a bit down upon first getting the knock back, but I really do believe things happen for a reason, so quickly snapped outta my pity party.

Leeloo big congrats to you on 4 weeks woooowzerz! good luck with the fitness stuff too, I'm gonna get back to the gym this week, I'm piling it on after all the choc I've been eating!

Glandon your fitness sounds pretty next level! well done on your run!! How long should I jog for to start to feel the benefit? I've seriously never done any running outside of sports really, even at the gym haha. I'm not really much over weight or anything but don't wanna over do it.

So positive check out for the day - I'm sober and feeling better by the day! I got the opportunity to brush up on my interview skills after after a long time away from them. I got really good feedback from it and I have proven to myself that I can do interviews still and I've got nothing to fear for upcoming interviews. I can wake in the morn sober, happy and with even more enthusiasm to get up and get out there to find a job!

I hope y'all are enjoying your day free from the grips of alcohol.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

duuuudes where do I edit my sig thing to add my sober date? thanks!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Leeloo - Fantastic job on 4 weeks! Yeah yeah! Uh huh! Girrrl, that's the way we do it on Team A!

Here's your 4 week dance party...

Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Rooting for you brach, great positive thinking there :-)

my day was ok. work was busy which keeps me occupied and distracted, which is good.
then comes the grocery shopping challenge! Im sad to say I didn't see the lady who thought I was crazy this week, which upset me as I was really looking forward to that!!! I didn't manage to walk down the wine aisle today. I kept my head down and walked past fast. odd that I managed better last week?
Im getting frustrated at the lack of choice of low calorie soft drinks available - theres only so much coke and lemonade and flavoured water I want! managed to get some sugar free dandelion and burdock today so looking forward to a can of that later :-)
feeling a bit flat this eve for no good reason, have had a lovely dinner, have my lovely man by my side, watching good tv, but really missing that poison more tonight, its like a strong hungry ache. am consoling myself with cookies (will play tennis tomorrow night to counteract this!)
hoping tomorrow will be a brighter day for me.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey Brach-it's under "user cp" to the top left.

Great job on 4 weeks, leeloo!