Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 7

Old 09-25-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

thanks 1 step, ready for a break and a change of routine and scenery may be what I need, cant wait to see the scenery :-) looking forward to the drive too, I love a long drive :-)
take care
Old 09-25-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you guys feel better Hobbers and Pink - do something good for yourselves today.
Make sure that drinking is not a viable option, ok?

Chris...one of the best things for me was regaining trust and respect from those I loved...but it took a while...and yeah...it hurt.

I just had to remember I'd hurt them many times too, without meaning to.
I had to earn back that trust and respect.

D.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Keep checking in with us Hobbers and Pink and anyone else feeling down. We love you!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

I'm with Hobbers. Today sucked. I'm ready for it to be tomorrow.

Anywho. Still here.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 month Leeloo!

Old 09-25-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
Hi Team. I just wanted to check in quickly. I've been reading your posts and as always they make me feel proud to be part of Team August.

Today, I'm one (calendar) month sober. WOOT.

The AV is definitely starting to quiet down. But I'm always on guard, especially when out with friends.

I've been super exhausted and needing lots of sleep this week though. I don't know if it's because of quitting drinking, or quitting smoking (I've had the tiredness for that before), or the increase in exercise. Or a combination of everything.

But I'm sure that, too, will pass... For now tired, but happy.

LeeLoo

Big day- 30- fantastic achievement! Can you share with us some words of wisdom on how you did it? And how you feel about this marvelous success!!
We are all ears!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations leeloo

D
Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks dee, it's been a long restless night for me. Drinking dreams playing tricks on my mind, this can be such a cruel disease . I need to get my ass on gear and make a positive plan for today. I'm finding I need a lot of structure, whereas I've always functioned better with chaos and no routine, so life really is changing. Today's plan in baby steps :
Coffee
Shower
Good brekkie ti avoid the AV
Gp visit (just routine stuff)
Pack case for weekend away
Hand in assignment (in my wisdom the day I sobered up I applied for a new degree course to keep me busy and focused. The work.is coming thick and fast and it's hard!!)
Drive to Rhyl for a weekend of hiking, tea shops, steam train rides, fresh air and beautiful scenery.
They are baby steps, and already today it's hour by hour to function well but at 29 days, I'm not giving up. You will not defeat me Av, if I can get through some of the terrible things life has given me, I can sure as hell not listen to you today, so leave me be.
Have a good day all I'm off to put the kettle on :-) xxx
Old 09-26-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good weekend Pink!
I hope you and everyone else here has a good and sober one

D
Old 09-26-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Love the tenacity Pink- hang in there!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Good morning team! Pink, eye on the prize, enjoy the new positive things about sobriety today. I find it helps to go back and look at my original post sometimes when AV comes a courting. At the 30 day mark, we sometimes forget how drinking is in reality as we are feeling like we are ready for moderation again. This is the hurdle we need to face that the team here can help with.

Life is beautiful and way to precious to spend drinking.

Love and hugs team!! Channel your inner mr t. Today!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
ph7

Good Morning Team

Hope you are well

Just wanted to share this story

Omagh’s ‘Shawshank Husband’ Dug Tunnel From Bedroom To Pub Over 15 Years | Tyrone Tribulations

(Glad I'm not that desperate for a drink)
Old 09-26-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Pink, hobbers and Alchy habg in there. I know how tough it gets... everything becomes a bit Blah.

But we just have to remember that once we have a drink , we cannot stop. I wish I could have just a bottle after achieving 30 days but I know that it wont stop at one bottle. It would be a year long binge...I know what I am like.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Just purchased L-Glutamine. Its suppose be helpful for muscle growth and recovery. Not sure how this will help with cravings?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good morning! Congrats on your month, leeloo! Wooooooohoooooo!

I've been really busy this week, and somehow came out feeling refreshed. I went to a work conference, church functions, met with some new friends and my daughter came over yesterday. We went to a posh restaurant for happy hour for half priced sushi and tea. At first, I thought it would be hard, but then we sat next to two women drinking cosmos. They had clearly been there for a few and had a few more. They were such beautifully dressed, successful looking women, but their conversation was ugly and sad.

I told my daughter that I quit drinking for good, and at first she was disappointed and said all the things my AV said-what about holidays, special occasions? But then she answered her own questions with "That would be pleasing everyone else, not you. Sorry." Then we went for a walk around the lake and later went to a burger and malt shop for dinner. I wasn't exhausted, I remember the whole day, and I feel great this morning! Couldn't have said that if I was drinking!

I took an online assertiveness workshop a few weeks ago, and that has helped me in every aspect of my life. For me, that's as big of a step as not drinking and I have to work to maintain those skills to make them a habit as well. I have found I really couldn't do one without the other.

My healthy goals group meets this evening, and I have to come up with some new monthly goals. I'm rather excited!

Today I an grateful for:
A few new friends
Family
My health
Deep clearance sales
A gorgeous Fall
Old 09-26-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hey all, I have wi-fi for all of about 5 minutes so a quick check in to say hi.

Keep those AV's at bay!

Did an AA meeting in Prague last night. Only six people, me and the rest from the US, working there. Today I just arrived in Vienna after a long bus ride so off to explore, sober!!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Choobie you are such a positive soul!

sthlondon. Oh gosh I am jealous. Or as they say in Essex.WELL JELL!

Here's to another sober Friday. ;-)
Old 09-26-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good morning, Team.

Knb - I am planning to celebrate Day 57 - - either a facial or a massage or both! I can't remember why I broke the 56 day sobriety, but I never managed more than ten days(and that was when I was on meds for a broken leg) in the 20+ years after that. Oh, if I knew then what I know now.

CaliChris - It is wonderful that you understand your wife well enough to know that she questioned you out of concern.

Leeloo - Congratulations on one month. I am sometimes super exhausted even though I am now sleeping better than I have in years. No night terrors, no crazy thoughts, no worry about what I said or did the night before.

Pink, Hobbes and TX - - I hope you are all having a better day today. I have had down days both when drinking and now sober. I have not had many, but I think it is just part of life and is to be expected. I try to baby myself when I am feeling blue.

Have a happy and sober day everyone.

Remember, "Your health is your wealth!"
Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
Thanks dee, it's been a long restless night for me. Drinking dreams playing tricks on my mind, this can be such a cruel disease . I need to get my ass on gear and make a positive plan for today. I'm finding I need a lot of structure, whereas I've always functioned better with chaos and no routine, so life really is changing. Today's plan in baby steps :
Coffee
Shower
Good brekkie ti avoid the AV
Gp visit (just routine stuff)
Pack case for weekend away
Hand in assignment (in my wisdom the day I sobered up I applied for a new degree course to keep me busy and focused. The work.is coming thick and fast and it's hard!!)
Drive to Rhyl for a weekend of hiking, tea shops, steam train rides, fresh air and beautiful scenery.
They are baby steps, and already today it's hour by hour to function well but at 29 days, I'm not giving up. You will not defeat me Av, if I can get through some of the terrible things life has given me, I can sure as hell not listen to you today, so leave me be.
Have a good day all I'm off to put the kettle on :-) xxx
Pink - Fantastic plan and great insight. You are doing superbly!

This is a cruel disease but we don't have to give it any power over us anymore. I agree that the dreams are just cruel because we can't control that but we can wake up knowing they are not real. I know many of us have had these dreams lately. I have not had drinking dreams at all but I have had other really bizarre, vivid dreams. Our brains are healing.

Enjoy your weekend of hiking, tea shops, steam train rides, fresh air and beautiful scenery. Sounds like a dream get away to me! In fact, it sounds like something out of a movie. You have inspired me to go hiking this weekend.

Wishing you all the best during your travels. Stay sober because you are so worth it and will enjoy your time and surroundings even more without the poison. If you do get triggered post here and think about the long term effects...as someone else suggested reread your first posts here. I did that yesterday and it helped tremendously.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hey guys, quick check in! Bumped into an old friend in the park today, he was so wasted that he could barely open his eyes or sit up. I then found out a lady I knew from meetings had died due to her drinking, it doesn't surprise me anymore but I felt sad about it all, as well as feeling grateful I'm sober and getting further and further away from that hell.

I've had a good day despite that, been busy doing some jobs I needed to do, had a nice walk and gave my Dad a lift. I'm gonna have a nice chilled evening. I hope you guys are all well and have a great day.