Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 6

Old 09-21-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good sober Sunday everyone. Going for a hang-over free hike with my beautiful wife and daughter along a gorgeous reservoir. Nature can be so beautiful, especially when not fighting a hang-over and being full of regret for drinking the night before. You can really stop and just enjoy the beauty as it was meant to be seen with clear and sober eyes.
So grateful for you all !! Love you Team August !!
Old 09-21-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hey Team!

Happy to report that I made it through last night sober. I spent the night cleaning out my closet, watching Coupling on Netflix, and then stayed up way too late reading. I slept late this Sunday morning. Woke up rested and refreshed so I'm trying not to dwell on the time. I know my body needed every minute of that sober sleep.

Positives of Waking up Sober Today:
No regrets/guilt/shame about yesterday
As London said..."I have memories!" (could have copied and pasted most of your post)
Have a cleaner, organized closet
Threw away old bar receipts found during cleaning - felt great to know I wasn't throwing my money away on poison anymore
My self-esteem is higher
Filled with hope
Future looks brighter
Feel rested, healthy, serene
Woke up hydrated - looking forward to an excellent cup of coffee
Work and housework are not overwhelming
Windows open and enjoying the breeze, view of trees, sun trying to peek through the clouds
Time to do whatever I want
No annoying thoughts about planning/hiding/buying poison...ugh...what a time suck that was

Grateful today for:
  • my TeamAugust friends who helped pick me up and pull me through a tough day yesterday
  • my sobriety
  • my two lovely children who had fun just being teenagers last night without having to worry about their Mom
  • not ending up in a police station or ER yesterday
  • endless possibilities
  • being alive (reason for my username grateful11 as I almost died in 2011)

Peace and love to all of you!

Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Determined, I love it! right here, right now is all we ever really have, how great is it that we can actually be here, conscious for those moments, and not in blackout or a drunken haze. Sounds like you had a nice day planned and many good moments to enjoy.

Man I've listened to a lot of mooji over the past month!! haha, I love that guy and I hope to go spend some time near monte sahaja to attend satsang next year. Ramana Maharshi was mooji's guru and papaji is also another good teacher of advaita. Adyashanti is also great and deals with very similar concepts.

Excellent buddhist teachers I enjoy are Thich Nhat Hanh, Pema Chodron, Shunryu Suzuki.

Other general spiritual teachers I like lots are Tara Brach (my namesake!), ram dass, wayne dyer and some eckhart tolle. I pretty much take what seems to fit for me from all these different teachers but something about mooji's teachings have really helped me start to wake up. I've really enjoyed exploring spirituality myself so if you find anything yourself that you get something from please feel free to share it with me.

Penkins well done on 2 weeks! oh and I have used the notepad on my computer to write my message whilst reading the messages.

Apple I'm really happy your night out went well, happy for you.

I've had a great day, my little nephews never fail to make me smile and feel grateful for having them and the rest of my family in my life. I've got a great big steak for tea tonight and gonna watch 'Tracks' which looks cool. Hope yall are doing well and are happy.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
????. I read all the posts and think "oh I want to comment on that". Then by the time I have read them all, I forget who had what. How do you guys remember the details to post? I feel like I need to get a spiral notebook and take notes while I'm reading.

Tips and hints please on keeping it all straight?!?!?!?!
Penkins, I have a Notepad document open where I write my comments as I read through the posts. Then it’s just a matter of copy/pasting my reply.

Amazing to read all your reasons to be grateful today!

I’m grateful for being able to bake cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning, for having such a wonderful team (that’s you!) and for noticeably decreasing levels of anxiety.

I'm also always grateful for funny things you can find on the internet:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
drunk-last-night.jpg (26.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Notepad it is.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Bday is today. Watching my team this morning. Losing right now . Have a nice BBQ planned this evening with friends and family. Hope everyone has an amazing sober Sunday. *hugs
Old 09-21-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hello everyone! Bday is today. Watching my team this morning. Losing right now . Have a nice BBQ planned this evening with friends and family. Hope everyone has an amazing sober Sunday. *hugs
HAPPY BDAY!!!!!

Whos your team? Mine is loosing right now too
Old 09-21-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Happy birthday cute, hope you have a great one!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hello everyone! Bday is today.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, cute! I hope it's great!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

KNB? Is it your 30 day today?
Old 09-21-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi just checking in quickly. Had a weekend of social events but didn't have the desire to drink. Just observed others getting drunk and glad I wasn't one of them!

I have been sober for one whole calender month today (32days). It's been amazing journey so far and SR has been a great help.

Heres to another sober calender month. Thank you all. And Cute happy birthday to you!

Come on Grateful. Let's have my dancing banana man. :-)
Old 09-21-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Yes it is Choobie :-)))))))
Old 09-21-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Time to change my avatar for month two
Old 09-21-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Hi just checking in quickly. Had a weekend of social events but didn't have the desire to drink. Just observed others getting drunk and glad I wasn't one of them!

I have been sober for one whole calender month today (32days). It's been amazing journey so far and SR has been a great help.

Heres to another sober calender month. Thank you all. And Cute happy birthday to you!

Yay! Congrats on 1 month Knb...I was waiting to hear from you just to make it official. Here ya go:

Old 09-21-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

1 month sober. Wooooooohoooooo!

Last edited by Choobie; 09-21-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: fireworks somehow looked risqué
Old 09-21-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post

Congratulations KNB!!!! I'll leave the bananas to Grateful, but here's another happy dance group for you:

Old 09-21-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

My liver says a massive thank you as I would have drank 20 plus bottles of wine by now.
Not.one.drop. :-)
Old 09-21-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Yay! Congrats on 1 month Knb...I was waiting to hear from you just to make it official. Here ya go:

Yeeehawwwww
Old 09-21-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Cute - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!