# 201 (permalink)  

Keep this close this weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (29.3 KB, 75 views)
Old 08-27-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Evening all.

Well I made it through the day and my AV has subsided. Hopefully tomorrow will be less of a challenge. But I feel better having made it through. Did it suck? Hell yes. But I know that the alternative is far worse than me feeling mad/grumpy for a while.

Thanks to everyone for being here. See you all in the morning, clear headed.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Morning all - I made it through the night! Wow - yesterday was not a fun day at all. Anyway, I survived and am up, cuddling with my dog before work, and starting my day 11. The weekend starts this evening after work and will need to be hyper vigilant because I know my AV and it always tries to woo me around 11-12 days.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

ATeam - the weekend thread is up nice and early for the US holiday weekend. I suggest checking in. It's a hopping place to keep everyone motivated and sober! Double accountability - here and there - can't hurt!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-sept-1st.html
Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Winding down on Day 16 and my cravings are increasing. I know it's because I haven't eaten in 7 hours not good. Need to take care of that! Hugs to you all A-Team !! Stay sober! Stay Strong! Keep flexing those sober muscles!! They do get stronger with every day !
Eating did the trick my cravings are gone! Good night A-Team see you hang-over free tomorrow!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hi I just got the Sr app on my phone so in testing it out. Much love stay sober talk to ya tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hi A Team-
Came across this quote:

"Do not pray for an easy life...pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
--Bruce Lee

Hoping this helps. Aloha teammates!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by iceteaplease View Post
Great news about the job Buggirl! Day 27 here too. Observed way too many sweating glasses of Chardonnay at outdoor cafes in my neighborhood today, but I didn't cave. Instead, I made up another pitcher of "Sassy Water" (if you haven't heard of it, it is water infused with ginger, lemon, cucumber and mint). SW doesn't cause hangovers nor guiltovers!

What an active thread this has become. Go team August!
Well done you! Oh and I will have to try that water!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Wow this group likes to post! haha I LOVE IT! Glad to see everyone has been remaining strong and kicking the AV's ass. WOO HOO! Good night Team August!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I'm awake, went to bed super early last night. Catching up on everyones posts. Yesterday was difficult, not so much as wanting to drink, but reflecting on how much it has ruined my life, stole years from me, etc. I need to keep all these reasons fresh in my mind, on my super long list of why I don't drink anymore. Yep, I'm telling that AV, no freakin way. Done, finished. Not that I'm trying to be done, but that I am DONE. My recovery books from the library should be coming in soon any day now. Know its a big holiday weekend here in the states, but no gatherings planned so my plans are to just focus on ME. Pamper myself, read, eat, sleep, anything my heart desires, except drink. Because I don't do that anymore. So take that stupid AV!
Thanks to my class for all the support, and special thanks to all who sent me pm's yesterday. It made me feel so much better in my lil meltdown. So grateful for you all. Wishing all a sober today. I will be keeping SR close to me at all times. We are doing this!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Made the morning meeting, but posting late as running around before work. Feel good today, hope it continues. Have a great day all :-)

#TeamAugust
Old 08-28-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,
Found you again.
I identify with what you were saying Dingodog about thinking about the time wasted and the life wasted drinking. Its been on my mind a lot this last week.
My granny told me to count my blessings at least once a week when I was a child and I never paid her any heed. Now in my darkest hours at the start of my recovery I get my greatest comfort from appreciating eveything I have its the only way to distract myself from crippling regret.
Goodnight guys.
Another day sober!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hi striket,Badsneakers, ruby

Applekat- Double digits for you tomorrow!! Stay away from the first drink absolutely. I caanot have just one or two. I have the whole bottle and then some. I then crave it the next day, then the next. It takes serious serious effort to stop. Infact I am pleased if I find an excus to drink the entire week pr month away. Ugh

thAlchy- So true. The alternative is far worse than feeling grumpy for a while. I much prefere dealing with my emotions sober than freaking out even more and getting drunk.

Lulu- Good for you Lulu

Dingodog- I will be thinking of you the entire weekend. I am rooting on you to be strong. You can do this because you sound like you have a plan. From now we don’t waste anymore time.

Calichris- My AV shouts at me when I am hungry too.

Ph7, ice tea and Buggirl- Amazing accomplishment so far! How inspiring! I wanna be like you guys!

Sthlondon: Its always good to share stories like that because it reminds you of who you DON’T want to be. No more horrible stories like that. We got this. My emotions are currently all over the place. One minute I will feel estatic, the next really low. But this is not going to deter me from my sobriety

Choobie. Thanks for the link. I will read it after I have posted. Addiction can be combated. I believe that. I use to be a heavy smoker ten years ago and I don’t think about it at all. I have no desire to be a smoker again. I hope to crack this with my addiction to alcohol. Yes I agree that one has to find other ways to relieve stress and other emotions we view as negative. Running is definitely working for me right now…and deap breaths too.

77Ginger- Never heard of watermelon with vodka but I would have tried anything. Even if it tasted awful. You sound very strong and I have faith that you will remain sober this weekend

Mvgnon- yoga ia another exercise/meditation that I would like to get into. It’s a perfect destresser

Herradura- I was the laziest woman on earth when I drank.The bare minimum gets done. I snap at my son, at my cat, the whole day takes tremendous effort to get through. I only lived for the evenings when I knew I could open my bottle of wine. Exercise was opening the bottle. That was it.
You may hate exercising but at least sobriety gives you the energy to at least think about it. Stay strong this weekend
Old 08-28-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Day 8.
Sooo grateful to be sober. Someone is watching over me
Old 08-28-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
Old 08-28-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Good morning friends! I love how active this board is!
Dingodog, stay strong, you sound committed. When that AV hits, read here on sr or recovery books, eat something, and just keep putting it off until it loses strength. Those are some things that work for me. I also play the tape forward and think of how I will feel the next morning. Even if I only have a few drinks (which is rare), the physical effects may be minimal, but I feel like my spirit is crushed and I'm back in the cycle again.
Knob2, I often feel as if someone is looking out for me. Whether it's true or not, it is so comfortingl. Whether it's God or a higher power or a loved one we have lost, it makes me feel safe and makes me want to do the right thing, which always means no alcohol.
Day 8 for me and I'm getting more used to alcohol free evenings again. I can feel the pressure build on myself to have the house perfect, all tasks completed, stick to a diet, exercise. I have to be careful with that because the stress I put on myself can lead to me just throwing my hands up in the air and drinking

Let's all stay sober today and take it one day at a time.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Oh boy, here he comes again! 2:30 here and I'm staring at the clock, stopping myself to not just leave early, go to the liquor store and have a "relaxing" night with a few glasses (bottles) of wine and my pup. Ugh. Not sure why the cravings have been so strong the last few days. Day 11 and hoping tomorrow brings #12.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Good morning friends! I love how active this board is!
Dingodog, stay strong, you sound committed. When that AV hits, read here on sr or recovery books, eat something, and just keep putting it off until it loses strength. Those are some things that work for me. I also play the tape forward and think of how I will feel the next morning. Even if I only have a few drinks (which is rare), the physical effects may be minimal, but I feel like my spirit is crushed and I'm back in the cycle again.
Knob2, I often feel as if someone is looking out for me. Whether it's true or not, it is so comfortingl. Whether it's God or a higher power or a loved one we have lost, it makes me feel safe and makes me want to do the right thing, which always means no alcohol.
Day 8 for me and I'm getting more used to alcohol free evenings again. I can feel the pressure build on myself to have the house perfect, all tasks completed, stick to a diet, exercise. I have to be careful with that because the stress I put on myself can lead to me just throwing my hands up in the air and drinking

Let's all stay sober today and take it one day at a time.
forabetterlife: We share the same quit day. ChristinaN also. Definitely don't stress yourself to be perfect. I am learning to chill about everything. remember the serenity prayer...let go of things you cannot control.

What diet and exercise are you on?
Old 08-28-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulu212 View Post
Oh boy, here he comes again! 2:30 here and I'm staring at the clock, stopping myself to not just leave early, go to the liquor store and have a "relaxing" night with a few glasses (bottles) of wine and my pup. Ugh. Not sure why the cravings have been so strong the last few days. Day 11 and hoping tomorrow brings #12.
Lulu I am interested to know what kind of drinker you are. Hve you been drinking long? Have you struggled for a long time? Stay strong
Old 08-28-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hey KNB! I was a wine and champagne drinker - 2 bottles a night during the week, sometimes 2.5 and the weekend 4 a day wouldn't seem crazy. This has been going on, maybe not so bad, since Beginning of 2012. There's really no explanation of why I drink - probably loneliness - but then I've pushed everyone away in isolating and drinking at home. The fact that I've kept my career going this last year is nothing short of a miracle. I know I can't go back but man, just struggling these last few days.

It's ok though - I'm going home in a bit - immediately putting pjs on and hankering down. No booze today.