Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 37

Old 09-02-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Gilmer, you would be far from alone in getting locked up for that.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Happy 6 months' anniversary, Aly!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 Aly!

Good job resisting the temptation Ccam, AV can be sneaky... and crafty.

Good morning to the Undies! Since yesterday was a holiday, this Tuesday feels like a Monday. I will be all messed up all day.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months, Aly! That's a big milestone.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Hey gang. Took me a while to catch up with the posts. Love 'em all! Great shares, friends. Thank you.

I am feeling so much better. I woke up with a migraine on Sunday that really sucked the life right out of me. Today I go to the doctor to follow up on my blood tests. The appt has NOTHING to do with alcohol. YAY!!! Isn't that awesome? Going to the doctor without having to plan my drinking up to the appt. . .and then most likely canceling bc I drank too much. Eek. So glad the insanity of that life is over.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Great job on 6 months Aly!!! Huge milestone.

Gilmer, if we could be locked up for talking to ourselves, I would be in a straight-jacket and wouldn't be able to see the light of day EVER again. lol.

I must look crazy when I talk to myself too. sometimes I find all of my body gestures kicking in; shoulder shrugs, hand gestures, even pointing at people who aren't there.

Oh well... I passed the point of caring what other's think of my "crazy-ness" a while ago!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

HAPPY 20 months, dot, dot, dot

Congrats on half a year, Ali.

YOU TWO BL's ROCK!!

Sas, glad my post helped. Hey, we are only as old as we feel, or act...

Gilmer, talk to yourself all you want. Crazy is talking about yourself in 3rd person. That's what Carlos thinks

Where be Courage? Just like my youngest would say, "Daddy, tell me a skory" I know you have a skory for us...give it up, girl.

Well, about to hit the shower. I am chairing the Tuesday night mtg for a month...my plan....hum, no plan.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy Anniversary Dottie I too only really celebrate my anniversaries here.

Half a year Ally that is so awesome, I remember how excited I was to hit that mark, it felt momentous.

Lots of stuff going down here about AA and HP, it's great to see so many different perspectives.

BeFree how are you doing?

All is well in Tootsville, just a busy day.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Lots of congrats in order today. YAY!!!

Got dinner going here. I'm cooking a spaghetti squash. Love them and they are so versatile and easy to add to any dish. It's gonna become a veggie Italian dinner tonight. YAY for healthy foods!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Just wanted to report that I found a good home for the kitten. I was sad parting with it, but am super glad I found it a good place to go. I really didn't need another cat.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
Lots of congrats in order today. YAY!!!

Got dinner going here. I'm cooking a spaghetti squash. Love them and they are so versatile and easy to add to any dish. It's gonna become a veggie Italian dinner tonight. YAY for healthy foods!
Alt, I saw a recipe from Alton Brown for eggplant pasta that used eggplant instead of pasta. You heard me: no pasta. Search for it, it sounded great.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Dottie - Congratulations on 1 year, 8 months sober!

Aly - Congratulations on 6 months sober!

M_w and Sass - It's nice to hear that my musings are useful, helpful, or get you thinking.

Ccam - Great that you enjoyed the fishing trip sober. There are some people and activities that I have found that I don't like sober nearly as much as I did drunk. I'm happy you're out there enjoying your sober life.

Altoids - I can relate to planning doctor appointments around drinking. I put off a physical for months because I wanted to abstain from drinking for a couple days in a row before blood work. I was 5 months sober when I finally went, and it felt great not to schedule it around my drinking.

Gilmer - I hope your system is adjusting to your new meds and that you're feeling well.

Carlos - How did the meeting go tonight?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Dottie congrats!

Aly congrats!

Toots I'm ok. Today was a weird day. I started the day feeling depressed for no real reason. Just happy to be home now. Have you still been out doing different activities like you mentioned awhile back?

Relived the day is over. Work was chaos. Some days run so smooth and others it's like so scattered and lack of communication. Since becoming a manager I have one person who doesn't show to much respect which is a little frustrating!

Feel better getting that off my chest! And knowing I will be ending another day sober.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Alt, I saw a recipe from Alton Brown for eggplant pasta that used eggplant instead of pasta. You heard me: no pasta. Search for it, it sounded great.
I use eggplant instead of pasta in my lasagna recipe. I'll search for Alton Brown. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations on 6 months Alysheba!

And

Congratulations on 20 months Dorothy!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
Altoids - I can relate to planning doctor appointments around drinking. I put off a physical for months because I wanted to abstain from drinking for a couple days in a row before blood work. I was 5 months sober when I finally went, and it felt great not to schedule it around my drinking.
The Dr's appt went really well. I have known something wasn't right. I can sleep all night and still sleep during the day, I've put on weight (10 pounds) even though my eating and exercise haven't changed, plus some other things. She ran all kinds of tests last week and today the results were in. Everything is AWESOME except for some hormones (yay for menopause) that are out of balance and my B12 was low. So I got a B12 shot, some B12 stuff to take daily, and an order to the compound pharmacy to make the stuff to balance me out again. I was concerned I had low thyroid. But nope. I'm super healthy! Just normal aging stuff.

I guess we can't help aging and stuff just gets outta whack through no fault of our own. Soooooo glad I was able to find a Dr who would listened, didn't judge me (and I was TOTALLY honest about my history), willing to work with me, and didn't just dismiss me bc of my history.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
I guess we can't help aging and stuff just gets outta whack through no fault of our own.
Aging's a good thing also. For me, it means that I've survived something else that I shouldn't have. I've used up about 5 of my 9 lives, already. Like you said, it was no fault of my own. Stuff just happened.

HP just wasn't ready for me yet, I figure. It just means that I still have more to do. Considering the alternative, I'm grateful. Doing it chemical-free, even more so.

peace.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations from me too Aly
Old 09-03-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Back up to 30 days It's astonishing really, i remember when 30 days seemed like an impossible feat of endurance, now it's gone by with barely any difficulty, it really is a learning process, it's never easy but it does seem to get easier the more I learn about this condition.

Altoids glad the docs appointment went well Must be nice to know you're fit and healthy

Michaels_w how you getting on friend?
Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations LS

D