Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 37

Old 08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Dee and Dot, it seems to me that you both are assuming that blunt=bad. I guess I don't see it that way. Of course it's nicer when people sugar coat stuff but sometimes a very caring person can also be blunt. Just my 2 cents!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

I am not so sure how this post will turn out via my cell...but here goes anyway.

Had a long hard day of golf and shopping for the stuff to make my stuffed hot peppers for our annual AA pig roast tomorrow. Just hanging outside waiting for a meeting. What a beautiful day it has been.

I have for sale a pic of two undies in a rather compromising pose. Accepting bids.

Dottie...one man's blunt is another more centered man's spot on.

Tanja...as you know, my thoughts are with you. I think of you daily hoping that you get better soon. Yes my dear, while Toots is our Queen of 3d meted, it was we that were the ground breakers...bling and all. Even prompting a DG LIMERICK.

Well, I must dash for now...sorry if this post makes no sense but nonsense...I cannot really tell what I typed.

Later dudes and bl's.

Carlos. xx
Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Dee and Dot, it seems to me that you both are assuming that blunt=bad. I guess I don't see it that way. Of course it's nicer when people sugar coat stuff but sometimes a very caring person can also be blunt. Just my 2 cents!
Usually when I'm getting called blunt, it's not a compliment, Sass
I agree tho, it's not necessarily a bad thing to be

Context is everything
D
Old 08-29-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I heard a good sermon at church today: the title was "Count It All Joy." It was based on James 1:1-4-"...Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
It's great how, something we here from another, a long while back, can help us through feelings that we have today.

I loved this when you posted it, gilmer, and I love it more today. I think it might be one of those forever "keepers".

It just says something to me, each time I consider it. It helps me when my past creeps up on me. It, for sure, helps me in my 24 hours at-a-time. I can be sure I'll think of it, when the unknown makes me question.

I know that I thanked you then, but thanks again. As always, my inspiration.

peace.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

It was very enlightening to see what people had to say about being blunt. LOL. No it' snot usually meant as a compliment and I agree I can be direct and I'm hoping this person thought it meant that. In any case, I'm more careful but it's possible that I'm blunt by mistake so thank you Saskia to say that blunt people can be, are, very caring.

I didn't think I would like to meet in person but seeing how some of you have done it, 'm now a bit jealous. It would be great if we could find a spot on the East cost to all meet, once a year like...

BF, wow, congratulations on losing 25 pounds.

Carlos, the stuffed peppers seem delicious. Enjoy the roast.

and Michaels, thank you for your prayers.

Have a good week-end everyone.

Dottie
xo
Old 08-29-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

OOOOOO Stuffed peppers..... OOOOO
Old 08-29-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Carlos send me some stuffed peppers please! The spicier the better!

GF love the bit about national womp day haha. Atleast us undies will be whomping without a hangover!

DG you sound so good! I remember few months back when you were going thru the tired faze that I seem to be stuck in. Your post gives me hope to get out of this funk eventually!

Toots thanks for the update. Please let Tanja know my thoughts and prayers are with her and I hope she finds some relief sooner rather than later!

Dottie that would be pretty neat to have an undie meetup!

Well work was super busy. Just have to make it thru tomorrow then can have my weekend. We are booked solid tomorrow so I'm sure it will be a little crazy! Grateful for all of you undies and sobriety!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Administrator

My move was definitely the right move Toots. No complaints

Best wishes out to Tanja too, if she's reading

D
Old 08-30-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Yes DG, Like BF says I remember you were totally different about things before. I've "known" you a year now and what a HUGE difference.

It's very inspiring to see you open your mind to seeing things differently, especially the negative things.

I gained weight? So what, I'll lose it and in the meantime, I'll buy more flattering clothes... I'm lonely and feel untethered? OK, I'll go to AA meetings and accept invitations from neighbours and new friends. I have tax debts? I'll yell, cry and start plowing through that mountain one dollar at a time.

It's touching that you open your heart that way. Sometimes we think positively but the heart/center of being is not following in actions.

Toots tell Tanya we miss her and hope she'll find her old self back or at least be devoid of the intense pain she's suffering from. That can really get you depressed, the chronic pain.

Have a good Saturday.

Dottie
PS: Toots, if we met in Berlin, we'd be halfway between Boston and where I live.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Glad you're getting settled Dee.

BeFree, how wonderful! I too lost loads of weight and feel so much better for it. I know in the early days of recovery we seek sweet treats, but once we regain an amount of equilibrium it is good to change our rewards to non-food ones and also to improve our physical health as well as make positive use of all the spare time (and money) we have due to sobriety. I also feel that as we further our sobriety, we begin to develop our self respect, and desire to be the person we want to be, which usually includes a physical self image.

Dottie, an annual SR pig roast ( with spicy stuffed peppers of course!) sounds like a wonderful idea!! We could hold it on national Whomp Whomp weekend!!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
Hey, undies are great, but no match for Undies who also happen to be Bandicoots. (Carlos- I hope for once I've found a reference that will go over your head.)
GOOD ONE, DG! I needed to consult The Snooze Meister.

I was "bandiciited" for sure during my active alcohol reign. Fun was never enough...I craved twice the fun!

BF, I just love the "womping" comment...the act of womp-womp

Drake, in the economy of time I created a hybrid of my stuffed hot peppers which takes the biggest hassle out of the process. I will post a pic later today. I'm shooting for two batches. One will post around 100K on the skoville scale. However, I am shooting fot 250K for batch #2. Oh, BF, they would fire up that mosh pit.

My AA picnic today is a pig roast. I cannot help it, but I feel sorry for that poor little piggy. I made the mistake at a meeting earlier in the week of asking too many questions about her with the dude that raised her. For instance, her last supper was served on Wednesday evening...etc. There is nfw I am having even a bite.

DG, I am awe struck by your continuing commitment to growth in sobriety. Inspiring, to say the least.

Such a great mtg last night. We talked about some of the many stumbling blocks to opening up to spirituality. My favorite quote was, "Willingness, honesty and open mindedness are the essentials of recovery. But these are indispensable.

Bam, while I didn't realize it at the time, that was exactly what I was doing unconsciously when I offered my heart to the program.

Anybody interested...Appendix II, "The Spiritual Experience" was the basis for the discussion. It is on a variety of pages, depending on the edition Big Book you may have...(mine is a 4th edition BB - pages 567-568). That simple two pages of Appendix II was a powerful read for me.

Hope all have a safe and sober Saturday.

Carlos xx
Old 08-30-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Your posts are totally comprehensible, Carlos (and excellent). Have a great time at the pig roast--and try to be open-minded and eat some!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Else- I hope you keep enjoying the art show and family time.

BeFree- I bet you're thrilled to fit into the new clothes.

ccam, I can relate- I've been busy too, but it's a good problem to have.

Gilmer- I grew up in the country and really don't like trying to sleep with city noise. I can do it for a few days. I also notice the noise all the time starts to get to my mood and make me feel more anxious and depressed. I guess I'm pretty sensitive to sound.

Speaking of noises, I found a stray kitten in the bushes yesterday. It was crying and nobody else would take it, so I took it home in a box. I already have two cats and don't need another but it is awful cute. I have it locked in the bathroom to keep it safe from my cats and in case it has any sort of disease or fleas or something that would be bad for my other cats. It's been crying a lot and woke me up a couple times in the middle of the night. Not a good night for it as I had to get up early for a class I'm taking this weekend. But I am grateful to be able to help the little kitten out. I'll have to find a home for it. Anybody looking for a new cat? It's super sweet and would make a great sober friend.

I'm just trying to down a cup of coffee and then it's time for a shower and heading off for my class.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I have offended two people on SR this week! I have had to send two PMs to ask for forgiveness. That hasn't happened in the whole 19 or so months I've been here. Now it's twice in one week!

Beware of me sneaking up on you with a baseball bat!
Old 08-30-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Gilmer- It seems to me that when we're in early recovery, we can be a tad touchy and over-sensitive. Perhaps it wasn't really even about you?
Old 08-30-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Carlos and DG you are softies at heart. You being tears to my eyes.

I'm having to borrow a tablet down here in California because I forgot mine so I'm not being able to keep up much. But I'm thinking of you all. Been very busy. Art show, beach. I bought a new bathing suit. Now that was an ordeal!! No suntan. Glaring lights. Argh!! I bought a red one. And a sun hat. I'm feeling good.

My Granddaughter has the cutest curls on her head. I just want to kiss those little cheeks......
Old 08-30-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hey Undies. I've missed posting on here the last few days, but have loved catching up. Great discussions, as always.

Regarding the pig roast. . . I kinda understand how you feel, IWLAST. When we were visiting someone in a small village in Africa, the village brought us a goat. Apparently this is a sign of welcome. It was our "honor" to kill the goat and prepare it for a roast, share it with them and eat it. Thankfully, hubby took over the killing part so I didn't have to do that. But, yes, I did take a piece of the goat to eat. Our host walked us through what all this meant to them and it was important in their village.

Praying for everyone who is on SR.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Yes, it was my fault, DG! In one case I was joking, and in the other case I was being "blunt!"
Old 08-30-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Gilmer, please don't worry - you most definitely did not offend me! I once said something in another thread that really upset the other person. It was a similar type of thing though *much* worse -- something I knew about him that he felt could identify him. I felt absolutely horrible. He was smart enough to immediately contact Dee and asked him to remove the offending couple of words. Dee promptly did that and let me know. I don't think I'll ever forget that! What you wrote couldn't possibly identify me and I was not in any way offended!!! Your apology was sweet though unneeded! I think of you as a dear friend :-)
Old 08-30-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

DG, yes, I know I am very touchy in early recovery! And even that aside, I know from past experience that it's difficult to predict how some people will react. When we're not f2f we can't read expressions so misunderstandings occur. I am constantly amazed at how civil we all are in a forum environment. I credit the mods with some of that but think that we all deserve credit too for keeping this very special and important "place" safe for all of us.