http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-30-a-20.html

D
Old 08-07-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Shotgun!

And I'd like to go ahead and nominate a post of the year:

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
Update. Spoke with a recommended Detox centre from one of the people I met with in AA last week. He's taken my details but it's after 5pm. He's said someone will call me back in the morning, they've got beds and its highly likely that i'll be able to be admitted next week as they don't do weekend admissions. I now just need to wait on what they have to say then break the bad news to work that on my final weeks of working i'm taking 7 days off to detox, oh joy!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

So much has happened in the last 24 hours here! I still have the edges of my migraine but now is like( if I remember correctly!) a bad hangover.

Life, I suggest you copy out all your recent posts and keep them handy over the weekend, keep close to SR and in contact with anyone else who will keep you focused on going to detox on Monday. Backing everyone else, the detox is only the start.

Sass, I hope today goes well for you, I am thinking of you.

DD that was a wonderful post, a shining example of how far you have come in your humanity and humility since beginning your battle with this disease. Your poster remains centre place on my hero wall.

Trachy, didya find yer legs yet? Probably in a rucksack somewhere. Glad you found your butt though.

Budd I know you will have a great and easily sober time with your old muckers, even those who don't know you retired will love being around the new you. I know I do.

Marcher, I love seeing things like that, I also imagine that instead of any sympathy the guy will get the pi$$ ripped out of him for months to come for being such a drongo!

Duff. It's good to see even a little of you hun.

That goes for everyone who can't post daily ya hear?? North, Wehav, 1day, Mesoso, et al

Shoes, I too love my cyber social life. I was talking to my ma about meeting up with a friend in NYC, and she asked how we knew each other and I said we met online, she thought that was so cool! I know I will never meet **% of those I know through SR f2f, but we 'meet' most days here.

Gilmer, are you catching up on Hebrew 1? I bet it all comes back soon enough for you

I just finished the 'addicted Brain' course that another SR member recommended, I found it fascinating. I knew that drugs affected the brain chemistry, but not how, or that the effects on the brain chemistry lasts as long as it does. It really gave me food for thought, I love learning new stuff, and the place you access it has loads of free courses you can choose from, covering just about anything. Now that I have finished that one I will be looking to start something else. I will see what piques my interest.

Wishing everyone a strong and sober weekend.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Toots, I should be sound asleep but I have to point out your Americanisms.

- Trachy didya
-hun
-daily ya hear
-my ma (ok, not officially American but lazy)

Kind of think you're taking the ****.......kind of think you're slipping off the english grammatical band wagon.......got my eyes on you
Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Marcher, that was a great video of the commuters pushing the train.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Toots, I should be sound asleep but I have to point out your Americanisms.

- Trachy didya
-hun
-daily ya hear
-my ma (ok, not officially American but lazy)

Kind of think you're taking the ****.......kind of think you're slipping off the english grammatical band wagon.......got my eyes on you
This makes me so happy! Keep it up, Toots! You're a Yankee now
Old 08-07-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

I survived my first IOP program meeting today! Actually, I thought it was very good and have high hopes that this will help me get through this.

Since I got about 2 hours sleep last night, I'm going to make this short. I could blame Life and Dee for keeping me up late but that wouldn't really be true I felt we had some very productive and helpful dialog that has added a good deal to my determination to stay sober.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Excellent! I hope you find it really personally rewarding as opposed to merely being the "schoolmaster" designed to keep you in line.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Excellent! I hope you find it really personally rewarding as opposed to merely being the "schoolmaster" designed to keep you in line.
A good part of it is working with us to learn to use tools like mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy, etc.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oops, I can tell I am fried! I missed noting that Marcher joined the gab fest last night with some great insights, too!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Was just going to bed when the gabfest started last night.

Life, great to hear you'll be going for supervised detox, and I agree with the others, a substantial follow up treatment is in order. Take Digdugs words to heart and see how far he has come since he went. We want that for you too!!!!!

Sass, glad to see you trying something different also. No harm in trying something new if what you were doing wasn't working.

Hope everyone is having a good day, kiddie heaven/hell for me here today!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're a saint, Budd!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ha ha. 'Gabfest' Ken. I've literally just woken up n laughing out loud. Yes it was a bit of a biggie, yesterday. I went to bed drained but with good advice in my head, your post has just made me laugh this morning
Old 08-07-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh dear Sass sorry for keeping u up and depriving your sleep hours. Yes it was a bit if a big one yesterday!!!...I'm still drained and I managed to get to bed!!! Gr8 to hear first day went well.

Dd your post went around in my head all night.......in a good way, it's def one to pro t off m keep. Thank you again.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oops sorry Sass. I'm just waking up. Jst noticed u commented on the gabfest first. Never heard that expression b4 but it's even in my predictive text. Too funny
Old 08-07-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oops sorry Sass. I'm just waking up. Jst noticed u commented on the gabfest first. Never heard that expression b4 but it's even in my predictive text. Too funny
Not a problem, Life :-)

Last night was good for me despite lack of sleep. I'm feeling tired but energized and hopeful!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I woke up with Toots' headache so I'm having a day off work. Speaking of Toots, Life do take note of Toots' advice to stay close to SR over the weekend and post. Sass I'm glad yesterday went well for you.

Have a good sober day everyone.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm almost too speechless to join in the gabfest. Almost.

DD. That post is getting printed and placed in my Binder of Amazing. Many many post from my beloved Marchers are in there. I was in tears reading it. If ever there was a living example of Elisabeth Kubler Ross' quote about beautiful people...you be it.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

A quiet night. I slept like the proverbial log. I'm quietly optimistic that I can stay sober with the path I'm now on. I'm findng that coping mechanisms I've learned over the years for other things, like anxiety, are bubbling back up to the surface of my brain and I'm using them! Deep breathing, taking a few minutes to relax and think instead of just acting/reacting. Feels really good.

I hope all of you are having a good day!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Marcher I hope your head feels better soon sweetie.

Shoes you speechless- Naw! Surely not!!

Sass glad you got a good sleep after your first day of IOT

I am all about face sleep wise, having spent most of the last 2 days lying down or sleeping, my nights are restless. I went out for a run today, probably not my best idea, as I am still feeling the after effects of the migraine, but I'm hoping to be tired enough to sleep properly tonight.

Hugs all x