Notices

Class of March 2013 part 31

Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Duff, there are still plenty of times I think "I could use a shot about now" I know I cant, and the thought always goes away quickly. I doubt I'll ever not have a fleeting thought once in a while, but those thoughts are always followed by "I wont do it"
Old 08-21-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Saskia;4852861
Life and Babs, please send us at least a smoke signal to let us know how you are doing![/QUOTE]

Sending through my smoke signal............though, given I ended up in hospital last night with an asthma attack...........don't think I should be venturing near any smoke soon!

No change here. AA meeting tonight. Late for work again!

LP x
Old 08-21-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Life, virtual smoke signals will work and shouldn't affect your asthma. Sorry to hear you had problems with that!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Sorry about your asthma attack, Life! Glad you are OK now.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Marcher, would you please adopt me, too! Pretty please?
It would be my pleasure Sass!

We had two signs of spring today: 1) our shop skink was sitting in the kitchen after being missing for about ten weeks and 2) I was almost too hot in three layers when it was 18C. Hang on let me convert: 64F!

Life I didn't know you were asthmatic. You know that alcohol can trigger asthma attacks I guess?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

We are currently visiting my sons here in a college town. We went for lunch yesterday at a place renowned for its sandwiches; it was nothing but a glorified bar. "Beer Mug Margaritas!" Lots of beers and drinks designed for chugging.

For dinner we went to the nicest restaurant in town: a steakhouse and brewery!

I wasn't tempted (by that, at that time); but it just kind of revolts me what a drunken culture we live in! I've been sequestered for a long time now.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Gilmer it's probably because it's a college town.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Gilmer, the culture isn't drunk. We were. That's the lense we see everything through.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi everybody.
I had a crazy week. Took today and Monday off...closest thing to a vacation I get.

Let's see here...missed you all.

Budd, will you be tricking your vehicle out like they do in the Keys? I loved how a car could turn into art down there. I would. I'd definitely be spray painting it. Or are you going with classic look? That would be fun too. Glad you have windshield wipers. I need headlights. Like for the passed 6 months. Shows you how much I go out at night. Rarely. As my brother the ex cop always used to say...of course we profile...you are a mid aged woman in a Hyundai Sonata. No one will bother with you. Even if I did go out they pay no attention to me. Kind a sad. I used to turn heads in my jeep.

Fired my primary doctor. I like being an active participant in my own health care and he failed to mention he was doing my colonoscopy. He's a family practicioner. I'm sure that's okay but I live in a city with 2 medical schools so we aren't short on gastroenterologist. Since it's my free one...I want the best. I wouldn't take a Mercedes to the ford dealer. Haha. I prefer someone who looks at rear ends all day long. He can stick to flu shots and strep throat. I'm a bee-atch. I know. TMI too I know.

I kinda agree with you Trach. We do seem to see drinking more than other people. However, it is what it is with me so I just chalk it up to that. I know my mf wouldn't pay to much attention to it. Because he never had too. I do.

I think about drinking Duff. I don't want to drink but it I think about it every now and then. It pops in my head more like I wonder what my life would have been like if I married Bill Gates. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to not drink like I did. But I did drink hard and heavy and it is what it is. I also wonder what it would be like to be look like Halle Berry but that's not going to help me either so I just let it go. Just don't let yourself go into that thinking it will be different. It won't. If it was bad then...it still will be.

I asked Marcher to adopt me months ago. I'm first on the adoption list!

How was amusement park Toots? Anyone get dizzy? Did you have fun? How's Mr Toots? Have they lightened up on his work load?

Asthma?? Eeek. That's a scary one Life. Hope that's over. How was your meeting? Are you meeting nice people? I'm thinking of going back to that Thursday night ladies group. I sure liked them. I need some more friends. I've been bored and my life has gotten very small. It's time to branch out.

Hi Gilmer! College towns were never my favorite. Not even when I was in college. Drinking young people make me nervous. I don't want to drink anything in a mug. Not even root beer. Worst glass ever. Takes two hands to lift.

Later buddies!!
xoxo
Old 08-22-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Speaking of colonoscopies, there was a huge scandal in one of our area's most prestigious hospitals. A guy went in for a colonoscopy and accidentally left his phone on "record." He discovered that the doctor and nurses were laughing and cracking jokes and speculating about whether he was gay!

Needless to say, he sued! I haven't heard if he won yet--I certainly hope he got a hefty settlement!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

How are you Sass? Didn't forget you...just needed another cup of coffee.

Have you gotten settled? You sound like a very organized person so I wouldn't be too surprised if you were. Me...I'd still be looking for my underwear in my kitchen appliance marked box and my kitchen appliances in my dirty clothes hamper. I moved over 4 years ago and I'm still finding things in odd places.

I hope you are finding some happiness and relaxation. I'm glad you are finding time to just focus on you.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Speaking of colonoscopies, there was a huge scandal in one of our area's most prestigious hospitals. A guy went in for a colonoscopy and accidentally left his phone on "record." He discovered that the doctor and nurses were laughing and cracking jokes and speculating about whether he was gay!

Needless to say, he sued! I haven't heard if he won yet--I certainly hope he got a hefty settlement!
Great tip! I could use some money. I wonder if I could keep a straight face on TV and act all mortified if that happened to me? It would actually make me laugh.

I did see a fun prank of writing a message on your butt cheeks for these. I very well may do that just to give the folks something to chuckle over.

I'm thinking of using a sharpie and drawing a big happy face on me just for fun!
Hahahahaha. I will do it!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

A big smiley face saying "have a great day!"

I have plenty of room! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-22-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

That's wasn't nice of me. I'm sorry if that man was embarrassed. I just don't take things too personal. If I heard them say things about me I would just chalk it up to they need to do something to keep their work day from getting too serious. That wasn't right to talk about gay things though. Just like it wouldn't be right to talk about color of skin or size of said anatomy.

I hope they write him a proper check, apologize, and learn their lesson.

I'm still doing the happy face though.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hiya, Shoes! Not settled yet. I need to finish recuperating first and I've got a bad case of fatigue at the moment. IOP 3 hours 3 mornings a week wears me out. I've been 100% sober for just over 2 weeks now. I suspect I could have done it by just going to AA. Not having so-called addiction experts at AA can be an advantage. With the official medical folks I can go read their notes about me and that is very illuminating to see where they are coming from/going to! Due to the fact that 90% of the hospitals have apparently had computers hacked, I'm very touchy about what goes into my record. My primary addictions doc is fairly good about it but the "clinicians" (licensed social workers and such) aren't all the brightest bulbs in the tree although they think they are. One put in a code for insurance/billing purposes that translates to "alcohol addiction, severe". Now I don't think I'm minimizing when I say it wasn't good for the past month but 'severe' seems a bit extreme. So yesterday, when I was really tired, instead of checking off that I was motivated, they checked off that my motivation needs to be evaluated. They didn't consider the possibility that I might just be fried. Ah well, if they continue to think I'm not motivated they will kick me out of the program. That might not be the worst result. I still have AA and SR.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Shoes, I wouldn't dream of letting my primary care doc do my colonoscopies!!! Good for you for standing bup for yourself.

Gilmer, I personally think docs and staff should be careful what they say around patients, even when they are anesthetized. There have been rare cases where patients did hear what was said. Hard to believe that that patient left record on by accident....
Old 08-22-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone from a half lovely day in paradise. I'm so glad the weekend is here, I've had an extra busy time of late and I'm ready for some downtime so 3pm can't come quick enough. My friend who had the shoulder injury is coming for a regular weekend so that will be good. Mr Marcher will make his excellent pizza, we'll have a few laffs, go for some walks and chill.

Shoes I did adopt you ages ago, as I said yesterday just waiting for the paperwork to come through on SR. Hey did you all see the funny thread where we are having a guess about when Dee will reach his 100,000 post?

Ken what are you doing to your truck? We sell Posca pens in the shop if you want to do all sorts of art. Hey I could send Mr Marcher over to give you a hand!

Have a good Friturday peeps.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

MOrning all.

Shoes I could read your posts all day long.................you really do make me laugh out loud

Marcher i'd like to join the adoption queue...........and I live closer and i'm only small so please can you squeeze me in?

All okay here. Finally there are signs of spring. there's a big orange thing in the sky

Chest still sounds like bagpipes but on the steroids so I should be superwoman in no time!

BTW Marcher, yes I did know alcohol triggers asthma...........red wine does it for me, that's why I always stuck to beer...........perhaps beer now does it to.........point taken

I'm finally heading the the local Sat morning womens meeting i've planned for the past six weeks to attend but always been too hungover...........or there was always more beer in the fridge...........today i've removed both variables. Looking forward to it.

Sending love to all Marchers.

LP x
Old 08-22-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hope your meeting is excellent, Life!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

A bit of the AV today--a group of guys had a retreat at our mountain house last weekend, and they left the mini-fridge full of beer. That doesn't bother me; out of sight, out of mind. But the fridge got full, so there is still half a six-pack of quality Belgian beer on top, just taunting me.

I don't really desire beer or a buzz--I just resent being denied!

Of course, I am overlooking these primal thoughts--but I just wanted to share.