Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Can I have a chef's salad too?, sounds lovely.

Kat, that quote is so true.

ST, and Rocks, hope tomorrow is a better day. It's tough at the moment but it will pass, just like it has before. You've made more progress than you think.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thanks, I'm letting myself relax and not beat myself up...watching some television to distract me a little
Old 09-02-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Haha yea I'll send one of or salads thru the mail
Old 09-02-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Finally finished my long day and luckily have a lighter day tomorrow. There's really nothing to freak out about. Obviously I need to put more things into place but freaking out and beating myself isn't helpful. I managed more than 60 days and I'll get that again before I know it. I appreciate all the words of support I'm about to get started on some homemade spaghetti and meatballs. I've never made them before, so wish me luck!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Mmmmm, spaghetti & meatball & chef salad...yummm.

Just home after a very busy work day & grocery shopping after. School starts tomorrow for Son & that will mean busier days for me....more stressful mornings. I have already talked to him about being ready to go in the mornings so I am not making some "mad dash" to catch the bus at the drop off point...I told him I would be ready at such & such time to take him...if he was ready...great, if hes not, he is out a ride. I plan on making my point with that & following through. He is not a morning person & school is starting an hour earlier than last year, so we'll see how this is going to go. I am a morning person & there is nobody that can turn my mood from "bright sunshiny day" to downright "pissy", quicker than he can.

My energy level has increased by willing myself to get in some exercise everyday again - I am really not to sore from my bike ride yesterday & am headed out to make some sense of my garage (again)....Son hung up the punching bag & I am going to clean up & make room to have weight bench in a functional spot & get the stereo set up out there. It will be nice on the nights I just don't feel like getting to the gym to turn some tunes out there & punch away at the bag.

3 weeks today & so grateful for that Night All
Old 09-02-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Wed 2.11pm
3 billion degrees......
Too Hot!

I love spaghetti and meatballs!

Wife going away on school trip for five days.
Obo's first time unsupervised in nearly 5 months......
Av is right up and about.....
mmm........

Physically good, mentally questionable....

Hope all the Fools are ok!!!!!!!!!!

stay tuned......
Old 09-02-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL still 22...23 here Obo

I'm enjoying it while I can

Don;t worry about that AV - he's powerless without your consent - and your consent ain't gonna be forthcoming
Old 09-03-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

It's getting cooler here, the Summer doesn't last long enough. It's nice to think that as we cool down, the "down under" folks are warming up. Hope you're all sorted out in your new home Dee.

Obo, 5 days will fly by, it will be another victory to you. Just like my holiday will be for me. Facing these subtle challenges is part of the healing process. (Can you tell I'm convincing myself here?) Seriously, this is the next step on our hero's journey, just a bit of forethought and preparation, and faith (for me anyway) will see us through.

Hope the day is kind to everyone.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Freein,

This Van Morrison song is such an affirmation for me, ..it's almost mystical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8QEJtF6FQw

Obo, ..hang in there ,
....and I thought it got hot here !?!

Installing the disposal went easy enough. It's those little details like a leaky drain pipe that took 8 tries to correct that apparently test my composure ,..

Thankfully , an old friend named Danny stopped by yesterday morning to help figure out that cheap pvc pipe sometimes has a ridged seam on it that causes failure on the seal. We all directed a little profanity at the big box stores, and everyone felt better.

Then we chatted for a couple hours and he concluded ;
.........about how in sobriety, everything seems to come back to a person. Danny's been sober since Feb. after being hospitalized from binging.

Still poking along on this exterior paint job, .....

Adna, congrats on your completion !!!!!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still a pretty small light.

This carpentry work (scabbing in some rotten trim ) is slowing things a little , ...when the rain's not. So.ooo grateful my mind finally seems to be clearing up a little lately.

Hang in there Rocks !

...and Mariah, ST, Applekat, and Lurezia, (breaking on thru )

and everyone else.

Dee , really love what you said about AV powerlessness and * consent* ,....and how it "ain't gonna be forthcoming" !

Happy Hump Day y'all.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm back day 1. This sounds dumb even thinking it, but I haven't been drinking as much.... that said I still know I need and want to quit for good. I've got to find a better way to stay sober though. So here I am. I've missed you all. I'll catch up soon.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Welcome back Chick !
Old 09-03-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi Chick. Welcome.

Kids get back to school alright? Mine start preschool next week.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hey topspin and Kat

Yep got them all in school now, it's been tough on me. It's to quiet in my house!! Lol, I know I'm nuts, but I am really having a hard time not having atleast one of them around. My life has revolved around having them at home for over 13 years now. The youngest is not thrilled about school yet, so it's hard on both of us. But we'll adjust.

How much do they go to preschool kat? We've never done preschool.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

My 4 year old will go mon-thurs 9-1130 (pre-k). My 2 (almost 3) year old will do t/th 9-1130.

Drop off is so hard with my kids. They are clingy and have separation anxiety. The older girl will internalize it and look sad and have tears. My younger boy will vocalize it and cry and tantrum possibly.

Sigh. I will need to be extra strong to get through the first few weeks!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Awe, hang in there kat! I was the same, I used to run screaming and crying down the hall chasing my mom! I would have to sit at my table (or desk.... it lasted until 3rd grade) and calm down until I was ready to stop crying and freaking out. I'm lucky I haven't had to go through that I know it was horrible for my mom and granny. But my 5 year old is very insistent that he doesn't want to go. That's new for me.

I do still have 7 rambunctious kittens keeping me company (read driving me crazy) they will be 8 weeks on Saturday and even though it will be a little sad I'm really looking forward to giving them away!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Obo - maybe a "honey doo' project for her while she is away?

Kat & Chick....I can see my little boy standing in his blue coat & new back pack waiting to get on the bus the first day of Kindergarten(maybe the second), like it was yesterday....He is 31 years old today. Enjoy them Made him blueberry muffins this morning & taking them to him before I go to work. Good day All!!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hi Chickchick, glad you're back!

Tops, thanks for the Van Morrison link, I loved it. You're right there's a spiritual feel to it definitely.

Great work on all of the projects you're tackling, you're achieving so much at the moment, I hope you're suitably pleased with yourself. I'm waiting for something else to breakdown so that I can make things a lot worse by trying to mend it. It strangely satisfying.

Hope everyone's day is going well.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Chick what's been up with you? I had an up and down 14 day 'reversal of intent' over the beach house vacation. Back on since 8/19 once again.

Did you have some summer triggers/events/cravings that kept popping up?

I hope we are both in it for the long haul this time. Big hugs.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Didn't drink yesterday and today also...just feelng alone...
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Welcome back chick