Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Well, shopping with the boys sucked I am taking the day to myself tomorrow - Have a blind date in the morning (eeekkkk) & going to go for a nice long bike ride by myself after that. Thankful to be sober tonight.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Mariah, a blind date, that sounds exciting! Hope it goes well, and enjoy your bike ride.

Tops, the least said about the mechanical work the better. After a couple injuries, where the suspension spring fought back, we decided to enlist a mechanics help. True to our usual form, of being over enthusiastic amateurs, we'd made the job much worse by shearing the head of one of the bolts. It was of course my penchant for the hammer method which did for us! So the car is still in bits, hoping by the end of the day it will be back on four wheels.

Despite the mechanical disasters, I'm doing great. Just 5 days before we go away for our holiday. I keep switching between being confident that it will be a wonderful alcohol free experience and then worry that I may undo all my hard work.

I don't know why I can't seem to fully trust myself after this length of time. I think it's because I've not had an alcohol free holiday since I was a child.

Rocks, how are you doing?

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Mariah enjoy the date!! Whoo hoo!
Rocks I hope you're well.
Luc day 33 today? Tomorrow you'll have surpassed your streak. Proud of you for getting there again.

Day 14....nice day in NY for now with potential t-storms mid afternoon. Always hard to plan something with kiddos and hubby with those iffy forecasts.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Vegas was too much for me. I knew it as I was writing the post. Not doing so great but hoping to put things back into place when I get back home.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rockstonic View Post
Vegas was too much for me. I knew it as I was writing the post. Not doing so great but hoping to put things back into place when I get back home.
Sorry Rocks. You can still make the choice to turn it around now. Sending a big virtual hug. I am not a fan of Vegas.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad to see you post here Rocks - You did not "lose" those 67 days Rocks - you worked hard during that time to work on yourself, so just move forward is sobriety from here - don't get hung up on this week-end. Your so worth your sobriety Hugs to you.

Freein - you are so funny - Hope the car is up & running today. You are always so inspiring & I think you will have a fabulous sober Holiday! Think of the fancy non-alcoholic drinks you might enjoy, waking up hungover free to fabulous sunrises, being fully present to enjoy a well earned Holiday - YES, you deserve that

Good Morning Miss Kat - That a girl on 2 weeks! I watched the documentary on lipstick & liquor last night......I hate alcohol.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Thanks Mariah, the car is now intact!

I know I'll feel amazing when I get back from my sober holiday, it will be a huge milestone for me. I won't have very easy access to the internet though, and I'll miss all of you. I don't think a day has gone by since my decision to be tea total that I've not connected to my SR friends, so that will be hard. Ah well, I suppose I need to start standing on my own two feet at some stage.

Rocks, try to refocus and put Vegas behind you (that sounds very film star-ish). You can choose to get back on a healthy track again now. How's your course going?

Hope all of the Fools are having a great start to the week.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Fit in a mini canoe trip with the little ones and hubby this morning. Thankful to be hangover-free for that one!

Day 14 for this round.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (90.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 09-01-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow - beautiful spot Kat!

Glad you are back on the road Freein

Well, my blind date this morning was OK. This was an internet connection in strictly platonic section - Someone I could maybe go hiking or exploring with. I don't know - I think those connections will just come naturally as I get out there and do things.

Came home & went for 10 mile bike ride, which felt fabulous! The first hill was not that steep, but just a steady grade uphill that I thought would never end, but knew when I reached the crest, I would have the downhill side to recoup. Was very relaxing & I was proud of myself making it home from where I was dropped off in under an hour! Thought of you TS & your 20+ mile rides!! I plan on doing that a lot this fall....after I get a nice gel seat

Came home to have the house all to myself for a change.....watched the "Mermaid Seat", which was in my opinion, a terrible movie.....pointless. The chocolate/peanut butter cup milk shake I made myself was a real treat though

Grand babes are sick & I am headed over to Love on them for awhile. Things have been "strained" with Son & daughter in law this last month, but think we got some things worked out between us earlier this week.

Have been marinading chicken thighs all day & will BBQ in a couple of hours...may "lure" Sons home for a little while Has been really nice to have a "slow day" to myself & relax. I think being conscious of my need to make time for that is going to be really important in learning how to cope with day to day life without alcohol. I want this life more than anything, I know that. I see it's effect on people everyday & I just hate it.

Thinking of you a lot today Rocks, Pan, Present, Up...hope to see you post here soon & that you are all well.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Tues 7.25am....
Morning Fools,

Applekat: That looks awesome!
Rocks: Hang in there!
Mariah: I love chicken kiev (that'll un-strain any issues....!), very hard to find here in HK.

We're on a roll here, hot all day everyday!
3 air conditioners going, in a 700 sq ft flat....
Swimming every morning, about 500 meters in all.
Then inside for most of the next 12 hours.
I don't really like it here. There's no space and far too many people!!!!

My wife and I have two year contracts with our respective schools, I'm state or local and she's private. Different worlds. In the private sector of education here, there is so much money its ridiculous. The parents of the theses kids are CEO's and whatever of the worlds leading companies.
Irrespective of the money, these young HK Chinese will be the next generation of world leaders, amazingly educated, versed in many languages, travelled and wise and they're only 17.
It's crazy!

Hope all the Fools are well!
Day 130.......

stay tuned....
Old 09-01-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Low again...
Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

ST: There is an Australian TV series called " Jonah from Tonga"...
Easy to find and stream on the net...

I absolutely insist that you watch this.
6 episodes.
Some of the greatest laughs I've had in the recovery!!!!!!!
Trust me on this one mate.....

stay tuned.....
Old 09-01-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you feel low again ST...hopefully your week will improve

D
Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Solitary, I'm sorry you're feeling low again, but just remember that it's not a permanent state of being for you. Hang in there.
Rocks, tomorrow is a new day, and Vegas seems to be designed to bring out the worst in everyone. You've made tremendous progress, you'll be able to continue to make progress once you get home. Think of this weekend as a blip, not a failure.
Mariah, going on a blind date is pretty brave, even of the results were just so-so. I'm glad you got some time for yourself this weekend. I agree about how important that is. I hope that chicken was good, and that your grand kids get better really soon
Applekat, congratulations on 2 weeks, and what a gorgeous place to go canoeing. I bet your kids loved it, and hopefully you had fun, too. Hangover free is a great way to be on a holiday.
Freein, I have so much confidence in you getting through your holiday unscathed, I really hope you get to a point where you feel confident, too. Remember the fools bargain, even if you don't have internet access. You can still write to us. Remember, this is a rejuvenating respite, not a holiday, and it can be whatever you choose for it to be.
Obosob, I can't even imagine what it must be like to live amongst the crowds of Hong Kong, I find the crowds in London and NY to be way too overwhelming. I hope it feels good to be back at work. I wish the kids here were able to get that level of education.
Lucrezia, I hope day 33 has been a good one. It's time to break some records, I think. I also think it's fantastic that you are getting back to work on writing novels.
Topspin, perfection is a pointless goal, good luck getting your project done.
Dee, I'm so glad your housing situation has been sorted out. That must be quite a relief.
My house is almost painted! There's only a little bit of trim left to do, and I am so ready for it to be done. I've had a friend helping me, and she's going to finish tomorrow, I've hit my limit. I don't want to climb back on a shaky ladder on uneven ground again for a long time now. I feel like I could have made an anti drug public service announcement about this project, something like "if you spend all your money on drugs, you'll be stuck having to do projects like this, too, because you won't be able to afford to hire a crew to do it for you". I did actually have the money to hire house painters to do this last year, but I spent it on drugs instead, so in addition to painting the last couple of weeks, I guess I've also been doing pennance. I don't know when I'll feel all paid up on my misdeeds, but I suppose it takes a while.
I'm going back to the East Coast again on Thursday, and have a lot to do in preparation, but am really looking forward to this trip. I'm going to 3 states this time, I'll visit my grandparents again, spend time with a friend, and go to a cousin's wedding. I can't believe how much time I've spent out of town this year. I used to really have to scramble to get enough pills together to last me for an entire trip, I often scheduled them around when I knew drugs were likely to be available to me, and it is such a relief to be done dealing with that.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope you get some rest before your trip this week Adna! Great job on the house painting. That will be rewarding every time you pull up to the house.

Hope things look brighter tomorrow ST
Old 09-01-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad the job is almost done Adna
Best wishes on your trip too

D
Old 09-01-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

ST, sorry you're feeling low at the moment, it will pass though. Obo's viewing suggestion sounded like fun, hope you're able to give it a try.

Kat, that is a beautiful place, what a lovely way to spend time. I'm hoping to see lots of clear blue water and sunshine when I'm away.

Adna, you've nearly finished, that was a colossal job to take on, you definitely deserve a break away. Have a great trip.

I'm off early (3am) Saturday morning. Lots to do before then though.

Hope all of our silent Fools are doing OK, please check in if you can. Love to all.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I can't believe I'm on day 34!!

On the one hand, it's exciting. On the other hand... absolutely terrifying. Now is the time I want to be most careful. Now is the time I feel most vulnerable. I'm afraid, to be honest. I don't want to make the same mistakes as last time (thinking omg, I've gone a month... how could I go on like this forever? I have to drink sometime....how about now!??) Yeah.... pretty stupid.

So. No no no to this. No drinking today. Actually I'm spending the whole day out, then over at family, then out all day tomorrow, then finally home. So..... let's just deal with today.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just do today what you did yesterday & all the other days Luc...congratulations on your achievement

D
Old 09-02-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Well done, Luc!
ST I hope today is a better day. Just remember it doesn't last forever. Think about anything you did at all that turned things around last time?

Day 15 of this go. Looks like it's going to thunderstorm today..