Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-28-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope you all have a good day - Glad the long week-end is near - I have made NO plans for it.....the weather looks like it will be perfect in the 80's.......might prepare some flower beds in the back yard so when people start separating their plants this fall, I will have a good healthy place to put them. Last week-end before school starts, so hope to spend some time with my Son....maybe go for a hike or bike ride, take my Mom for a drive, lounge a bit and read a book. Planning on a speaker meeting tomorrow night. So I guess I do have some plans but nothing big or written in stone.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hey everyone, I'm doing good.

Congrats obo! That's great news.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

We often measure life by the amount of happiness we get, or have. We measure worth by what we have achieved or acquired. By those measures we would lose our happiness and worth if something where to take those away. While we would be sad or mad for a time, we would find a way to see the Sun through the clouds and be happy once more.
Yet, if we where to measure our happiness and worth by those whom we have helped then we would lose neither.
No one can take away the acts of kindness and compassion once they have been done, and no one can take away the feelings left in the giver and the receiver as a result of those actions.
Do not measure your life by what you have gained, but rather by what you have helped others gain. For if you can help someone gain confidence, respect, self-worth, forgiveness, etc. Then you have given from yourself something that can not be bought or taken. A true gift.

Have a great day!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Morning Fools....
7.50am....

Thanks for the best wishes everyone......

Obo is now in a constant state of panic.
There's a knot in my stomach, that's tightening....

I made a deal with the Universe nearly 4 months ago.

It's coming true!

Now seeing as most of the Fools are parents, I was wondering if we could keep this group going for the next 18 years, then whenever I hit a hurdle with little Obo, I can refer to the Fools for advice.

Thanks again dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay tuned...........
Old 08-28-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Obo, you'll find there's no shortage of freely offered parenting advice out there, whether you want it or not... You'll do fine. Trust your instincts, and listen when your child tells you what he or she needs. Everyone parents by trial and error.
Izzy, perfection is an impossible standard, and you are wise to free yourself from it's pursuit. I think our children really benefit from seeing us as real people rather than images of perfection, and when we give them that we also give them permission to be just who they are.
Freein, sobriety is about freedom for me, too. Mostly from feeling like I needed to hide myself away from everyone. It still feels like an incredible relief.
Up, once again, thank you for your very insightful thoughts.
Mariah, I hope you have a restful weekend, you deserve it.
I hope all the rest of you have a good weekend, too.
I'm still painting away, and starting to wonder what I was thinking by taking this project on.
I've been thinking about change, and how it's inevitable, but how hard won change is invaluable and empowering. Experiencing this ongoing journey with all of you is incredibly inspiring.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm back

I'll catch up properly over a few days but congrats obo!!!

D
Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Dee, hello! Have you moved in? Is everything sorted out? Do you know where the Christmas tree will go?

I've missed you, but I guessed it would be the house move.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Good morning, Fools. I wanted to check back in again. I've kept up on posts by lurking mostly, but I had wanted to get my feet back under me from the disappointment I felt after my vacation. It was a good vacation. Lots of fun. But I did not stay sober the whole time before, during, and right after. Up and down. I suppose I did allow myself to do that and knew on some level that would happen. And yet I'm not at all surprised by how I felt after all was said and done. So that was a 14 day on/off slip.

I came back to SR and checked back into the August group because I needed more frequent posting.

But this weekend - Labor Day - I will especially need the support, and the Fools Bargain. A year ago this weekend I embarrassed myself by having too much wine on a completely empty stomach. Nothing catastrophic but still ridiculous, especially for a mom of two little ones.

I am going to make it through this weekend, sober. And happier. I am on Day 11 today. I've missed you, April Fools.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

All settled now, Free...back to usual for me now after a stressful few months

D
Old 08-29-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Today is a new day. The possibilities are endless! I love waking up feeling optimistic.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

AK 11 days is great, almost two weeks. Good job picking yourself back up again and getting on track. (((Air high five from me)))
Old 08-29-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
All settled now, Free...back to usual for me now after a stressful few months

D
That's great to hear Dee !

Obo, ...you'll be a wonderful Dad, ...sober , and with no shortage of a sense of humor !?

Discovered the kitchen disposal is leaking like a sieve this morning, ..ooh
...that's going to have to wait. Thankfully the other side of the sink still drains ok. Back outside for more scraping, and sanding, and caulking;
...... and hopefully getting a little primer out the bucket at some point !?!!

Soli, ...you're so right , the possibilities are endless.

Adna, .. glad I'm not the only paintin' fool this morning
No rest for the wicked, and all that

AK, .. it's wonderful you are changing things up, and getting more support.

Izzy, ...good to hear from you !!
"Freedom" indeed
Old 08-29-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Welcome back AK, hello everyone else...hope everyone is staying strong and up to some April foolery
Been working and staying positive, keeping up with my meds and such...taking the train to manhattan tonight for some authentic Korean BBQ and wandering around the village (arguably my fav part)
No new art I've been busy but I wanna get some down time the next few days and do something.
Hope everyone's well and hanging in best they can <3
Old 08-29-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Applekat, great to hear you're back on track. Yes, the Fools Bargain is upon us again.

I have plenty of fruit juices and sparkling water stocked up in the fridge, ready for any surprise gremlin attacks.

We've had a catalogue of things breaking down this week, Monday the hot water boiler broke down (again!), Tuesday evening was spent fixing a leaky tap, Wednesday one of the suspension springs on the car decided to snap, and amongst all of this our little foster cat needed to see the vet.

So, I'll be helping to fix the car this weekend. I actually quite enjoy fixing things, especially if it means I can bash some nuts and bolts on the car with the hammer. Very therapeutic.

Hope all the Fools have some great plans for the weekend.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Saturday 6.06am...

In for the Fools Bargain this weekend...

Cheers Top.

ST: you sound heaps better......

Dee: you beauty!

stay tuned.........
Old 08-29-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

We've had a catalogue of things breaking down this week,.
You're not alone Freein .
Good luck with replacing the spring !? Y'all sound pretty self sufficient to tackle that.

Had a long day out there sanding and scraping, but managed a couple hours at the end of the day priming trim . Was ready to call it quits three different times today, but managed to hang in there finally.

Better get to bed early tonight, ..so I can be up early like Obo, .... 6am is kind of early for a Sat. ,.....swee....eeeeet !!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Thanks oso, still stressed but def the meds along with learning some coping mechanisms is helping dramatically...I'm getting REALLY good at identifying my frenzy/sad/anger fits when they are starting, as supposed to regretting the aftermath lol...

Pre apologies for anyone trying to diet at the moment, I snapped some photos at this dining experience I had tonight....my issues were keeping me bogged in at home, easily forgetting I live in one of the greatest areas for food ever

image-403410099.jpg

image-4107409555.jpg

image-2364375756.jpg

image-2282282176.jpg

image-3670590952.jpg

image-2652165904.jpg
Old 08-29-2014, 11:01 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

image-2367803461.jpg

My touch on one
Old 08-29-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 319 (permalink)