Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 14

Old 08-23-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

The biggest thing I'm greatful for at the moment is my insurance covers ALL of it, no co pay either, also I have breathing problems nasally from snorting a lot, and got a referral to an ear nose throat and getting that looked at/treated.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hey Fools!

Attitude is like the foundation for the day.
When you begin the day with a negative attitude, you then set the terms for the day. You convince yourself that it will be bad, things will not go you way, and when trouble strikes you will just accept it.
When you begin your day with a positive attitude, the world around you becomes positive. Even when bad things happen, your attitude will point you towards the prosperity that you would otherwise overlook.
We can not change what happens to us, we can change what we do about it and how we handle the outcome.
Happiness is not an entitlement, it is a reward for the hard work you have put into your life.

Have a great day!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I like this post ^ I've been going out of my way to try and keep positive
Old 08-23-2014, 10:03 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Being the sober one payed off bigtime for me tonight, my fiancé went to a party, I've been opting out but I've told her from day 1 that I would never ever stop her from doing anything she wants to do, I stress it actually like a broken record lol, she's enjoying her summer with friends and I'm happy that she's happy...party got busted super early and she was freaking out a bit cause of cops, I just got off work and was home doodling and eating a sandwitch and jumped right into action, I was her knight in shining armor, I was cool calm and collective...drove 35 mins (without speeding and being a nervous wreck) and picked her up...she was shaken and just wanted to go home, I was hungry and she was too so I pulled off and we got Wendies Lol, she was still in a mood to go out and do something after that...I really didn't wanna party at all and she was suggesting multiple clubs...I really didn't wanna be in that atmosphere...and I work Saturdays and Sundays at 8am, really focusing on that so I made a compromise...we went to a billards hall that has a nice bar but I drank a red bull and some ice water with lime...my fiancé can actually shoot a good game of pool and we had some fun, there was an iron maden tribune band setting up when we got there and had some fun listening to the tunes....I bought her home after that and it was hitting midnight...we had breakfast for dinner scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon and toast cooked by me....I saved the friggen day yo...these type of situations usually get me bent out of shape, but I did extra awesome! We ended the night with watching the TLC show "extreme cheep skates" and had some great laughs...despite the crazyness I'm so happy I'm getting married to my best friend <3 that is something I'm so so greatfull for
Old 08-24-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

ST, What a night/knight!

Thanks for your post, UP, that's so true.

I'm feeling mostly positive this morning. My one angst is working out why this little foster cat persists in pulling out his fur. He's got bold patches on this legs. He's been been treated for fleas, so it can't be a flea allergy. My guess is its stress, but we do have an appointment with the vet on Wednesday. I just don't want it to get any worse.

Chickchick, I've no idea how you cope with all of you furry and feathery friends!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Have a great and sober day everyone!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

What a beautiful post, ST!!

Kay so I'm going on a road trip and might not update here much, or at all. But I'm all good. Still sober. And I suspect I shouldn't have too much of a problem staying sober while on this trip. Happy rest of weekend everyone. Hope you're all doing okay!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

ST sounds like you had a fun night! And that cover band put the iron on the cake. Shooting pool and listening to iron maiden songs is something that could definitely be enjoyed sober. Good for you being there for your fiancé and then going the extra mile by showing her a good time after the party got busted up. And then cooking her a meal at midnight? That put the icing on the iron on the cake. OK apparently I need more coffee.

Safe travels Luc! Wear your seatbelt and try to stay within 10 mph of the speed limit.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Yea it was awesome, thanks
Old 08-24-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Tired today tho...looking forward to a day off tomorrow
Old 08-24-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

image-2051985094.jpg

image-1363558564.jpg

image-2850317960.jpg

Some of my doodles, I have been trying to learn a bit every day regardless of what's going on, even if it's 5 mins of reading some tutorials or anything, I'm borrowing a book from an artist friend of mine that focuses on anatomy. Enjoying my newfound skill I'm trying to get a hang of.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello Fools, I hope everyones weekend is going well.

People often feel as though they are alone in the world, that no one has suffered what they have and that no one can understand their plight. Those people are quite correct, for even if we experience the exact same situation, we will react and feel differently.
Yet, they do not have to be alone nor feel that way. For friendship will overcome the loneliness which they feel, compassion will bring healing to their heart, and listening will bring comfort to their soul.
Though we may never feel the exact same thing as those around us, we are never truly alone. We have each other to lean on, comfort, or just talk to when needed.
We are never alone if we have God, the trials and tribulations we suffer are often meant to bring a lesson to us for later in life, or bring someone to us(or us to them). God will bring us a burden, yet show us the way to release it.
We are never alone, you are never alone. If you are reading this, then you are never alone from one friend to another.
Have a great day!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Freein I'm happy that I motivated you to play the piano!
You know, it really reminds me of playing a video game. That might sound strange but I think about that often. It's really fun but there are hard parts you've got to learn how to beat. The really tough parts are like bosses and when you learn how to get past them it's like you've won lol

ST those sketches are really cool! Your style reminds me of Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. I'm a fan of his artwork and plan on finding myself a rat fink tshirt in the near future.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Thanks! I'll check his stuff out right now never heard but I'll def look. 4 weeks ago I could only draw stick figures and crude faces, I'm enjoying the learning process to be honest, I'm glad I finally found something to occupy my time a bit. I love Videogames too I honestly think in moderation they are therapudic and increase your hand/eye coordination over time. Some would debate that and say they rot your brain, but that's if you become a zombie to it ya know? I have an extensive collection and all my old consoles for a rainy day
Old 08-24-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

When I started the first day with the drawing I got frustrated, but then read further into the book I'm using to learn and it said your gonna make TONS of mistakes and to purchase a good eraser lol, it's actually teaching me to be a bit more patient with "messing up" which was something I'm not good at accepting. It's teaching me life has mistakes in it...
Old 08-24-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

image-3738876088.jpg

This one I gave up on half way, very raw and was practicing scaling, I think everyone knows this cartoon legend
I'm gonna try Bart over again but that was sorta just some practice, I'm lefty too and my handwriting is poor (take that into account) I really told people I had no ability to draw and I def think I'm doing ok, I'm trying to keep positive on myself and not be overly critical considering I'm learning..
Old 08-24-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Kinda defeats the purpose if I start bashing myself on everything I'm trying, I'm really trying to use it as an outlet to get enjoyment and stay out of my head....
Old 08-24-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Soli- I check his stuff out I see what your saying, that stuffs amazing tho! That's some wonderful insperation for the type of stuff I've been messing around with, I need to go more "cracked out" lol the bulging eyeballs are awesome! I wanna eventually learn some graffiti style writing and also fractal/3d fractal artwork and sacred geometry, but baby steps
Old 08-24-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

The one in the middle was on actual sketch paper you can see how much better it comes out then on looseleaf
Old 08-24-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Soli- my next drawing is gonna be a triple psyclopse kinda creature, I'm gonna start it tonight, I'll def post it when it's finished.