Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 35

Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Sorry you're sick, R1ck!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Popovers and Poptarts are enough to satisfy anyone's appetite, and I'm grateful we get to enjoy them in our Undies
Courage - Haha!

R1ck - Feel better. Thanks for the Seinfeld laugh!

Dottie - Great that you reached out to a friend while you were feeling down with the Sunday Blues yesterday. It's a good example for the rest of us who isolate when we're down.

Toots - I can relate to your discussion about isolation. I have a friend who spent his entire sabbatical at Starbucks, reaching out to folks a few times a day via facebook. It's easy to make excuses - and not above me to make tons of them - however, he completed his work while managing his isolation.

My idea of a perfect job, actually, is one that would require me to sit in a public place and write all day long! Anyone hiring a coffee shop loiterer? LOL!

AFree - Isn't it a great feeling in sobriety to be supportive of the people around you? I hope your son does well on his exams!

BFree - I know how hard it is to leave friends behind whose choices aren't working for you anymore. Your life is changing in profound and beautiful ways. Remember how torn I was about my relationship with my Needy friend? I struggled about putting up a boundary with her, but once I did, my recovery skyrocketed. The key is not so much "replacing" old friends with new ones, because I'm not looking for more of the same. Instead, I've opened myself to giving and accepting the love that's around me, and in doing so, I've come upon some wonderful people whose company I genuinely enjoy, as well as peace in my own solitude. Obviously, I still struggle from time to time, but serenity is edging past the unhappiness.

Carlos - I'll leave my footwear to your imagination! Did you whip up anything tasty? I did a little less of the cooking I was hoping to do and a little more of the cleaning I needed to do, but today is another rainy day so I have ample excuse to stay in and cook. My personal challenge for the week is to use up as much of the food in the pantry and freezer as possible. It's like Iron Chef -or more like gold-plated silver chef. Cover your ears, because you're about to hear a couple of little boys complaining loudly about the meals their mom is serving.

Have fun putting together that care package for your daughter. I LOVE giving gifts! Little surprises make my day.

Over the weekend, I found myself in a nice position to give some support and advice to someone who was struggling with their sobriety. After so many years of active drinking, followed by struggling in early sobriety, it was interesting to be in a position to share MY experience, strength and hope with someone else. I could see my growing humility and maturity reflected in my advice.

Well, getting ready to deal with Monday on Monday's terms. Here is a great quote from an inspirational newsletter that I received today: "Are you doing things because you truly believe in them? Remember your own goals. Live, do and love so that you are happy, because when it comes down to it ... you will live with yourself for the rest of your life." And with that I commence my week!

Have a good one, Undies.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
Courage - Haha!

BFree - I know how hard it is to leave friends behind whose choices aren't working for you anymore. Your life is changing in profound and beautiful ways. Remember how torn I was about my relationship with my Needy friend? I struggled about putting up a boundary with her, but once I did, my recovery skyrocketed. The key is not so much "replacing" old friends with new ones, because I'm not looking for more of the same. Instead, I've opened myself to giving and accepting the love that's around me, and in doing so, I've come upon some wonderful people whose company I genuinely enjoy, as well as peace in my own solitude. Obviously, I still struggle from time to time, but serenity is edging past the unhappiness.
GF, thanks for that insight! It's a good one for me to think about.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sass, you done fell in with the wrong crowd. THe fact that I was here should have warned you away!

Naw, these is good peoples. They put up with me.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Ok Undies,

I've heard some good stuff's coming out of here. You wouldn't mind a Juner infiltrator? I come with references?

I'm just an neurotic, anxious, OCD'er, looking to stay above the "influence". I just need a little help. SR has been a true rock for me. I owe much to everyone here. I am forever appreciative. Thank you guys.

Peace.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Undies, michaels_w.

Sounds like you meet the qualifications!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Welcome michaels_w.
This is a good group, indeed!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by michaels_w View Post
Ok Undies,

I've heard some good stuff's coming out of here. You wouldn't mind a Juner infiltrator? I come with references?

I'm just an neurotic, anxious, OCD'er, looking to stay above the "influence". I just need a little help. SR has been a true rock for me. I owe much to everyone here. I am forever appreciative. Thank you guys.

Peace.
Welcome Michaels_w, don't worry about the references, if you can keep the coffee pot brewing and the kitchen clean you're hired. Pull up a pew and throw yourself in to the mix.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

New Undies! Yay!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Welcome, Michaels-w! What a great group this is :-)
Old 07-28-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi michaels_w!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
if you can keep the coffee pot brewing and the kitchen clean you're hired.
I actually make a mean cup of coffee, if you all don't mind decaf. I'm in.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi, Michaels! Come on in with your desert monsoon!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

Welcome Michaels - been pretty happy here in the undies for almost three weeks now. Nice folks all around.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Was very busy myself (very little SR).

Sad to say I fell off the wagon, if by wagon you mean a snowmobile trailer. Day 20 today, and feeling like I'm finally waking up. No headaches, no vertigo, fairly perky. All is good.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Decaf? DECAF?

Heathen.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Sparky...Well, if you are going to fall off a wagon, that is the one to do... hope you weren't hurt!

Decaf... doesn't exist in my book....
Old 07-28-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Yeah, sorry, Michaels! I've got some full-bodied caff here next to me at 4 pm Eastern time.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey Michaels! Welcome to the undies! Pay no attention to those fresh ground, full bodied, dark roast, pure Columbian caffeine drinkers....I'm one of them as well lol. But changing now, read that caffeine makes my tinnitus worse, so any suggestions on a real good decaf?

Sober1ck, are you in a/c'd places all day long? Might be what's causing your cold.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Welcome MW, everyone is shortened here so I hope you won't mind me doing this to your pseudo. You don't need a reference, just start posting and we will take care of the rest.
This thread is super active, which is nice because people participate and post a lot.

We've been though a separation, some online classes, some doggie health problems, some horse adventures, some tough sticking with your couple, some hard trying to ditch drinking pals, some legal ankle bracelet stuff, some sabbatical, some looking desperately for a job, for a new home, some adjusting to a new city, some loneliness but mostly everyone growing old in beauty and sobriety.

Dottie (or DP, Dottie P)
xo
Old 07-28-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome Michaels_w -- glad to see you here, you bring the air of the west with your posts. Bring on the monsoon, but I'll skip the decaf, too. One addiction at a time. I think DG will join you in a cup, though -- she should be along here soon.