Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 07-29-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gilmer. I think i am beginning to take that as a lesson on why over-planning is not worth it since there are always things that go wrong. Time to work on reducing the OCD - in a non - OCD fashion!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

((((Sass)))) So proud of how you're handling this!! Having gone through a move last summer I know all too well how stressful it is! I didn't make it -- that's around the time I relapsed. Stay strong -- it will all be over soon enough and you'll be all settled into your new digs and your new life!!!

Hugs to you too, Gilmer! Please take time for yourself. I'm wondering the same as Sass, if things with your dad are affecting you. My mom is losing her eyesight and I've been helping her with her business and holy cow -- just trying to be patient.

Toots, thanks for asking about my dad! He's on the road to recovery. My mom has been amazing with him through all this and it seems to have brought them closer. All the other nonsense is behind them for now but she's got her eyes open, so to speak.

Shoes, one thing would keep me from smoking ----- WRINKLES! Stay strong guys!! How's it going, Ken?

Marcher, I wish I could fly you here to cook for our Labor Day party! I don't even know where to begin --

North, so good to see if you only for a quick drive by.

Ugh - tropical storm brewing out there. It will probably turn out to be nothing but hearing the news reports isn't fun. I get obsessed with tracking storms. Did I ever share that I met hubby during a hurricane? Frances. She destroyed my parents home but she also brought my husband and me together, so hurricanes aren't all bad. That was a crazy season...

Life, good to see you.

Off to start the day here! Hoping everyone else is having a great one!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Good morning, Duff!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi North. Good to hear from you.

Shoes, you will attack this like you did stopping drinking, head on and with full force.

Sass, there is nothing straightforward with a move, I now expect to he worst of every scenario, then at best I can be pleasantly surprised, at worst, I have a contingency plan! Once you have moved & settled we will aim for a meet up. X

Gilmer, yup, i think maybe you have been head down tail up dealing with everything coming your way, and not had enough chance to smell the coffee. Time for another visit to the new spa methinks, or if your tooth surgery outs the cost of a massage out of panted at to he moment, have a spa night at home, commandeer the bathroom, bubbles, candles, fav music and a good book. Taking 'me time' is never to be underestimated when you are a carer.

Budd you will have to tell us how the not smoking is going. Do you have any children's party at the bowling alley? We don't want you going postal and chucking the kids down the lanes!!

Marcher, ((((hug))))) just coz I wanted to coz you're lovely!

Duff, I'm glad your mum and dad have a new outlook, I hope for your mums sake that your dad realises just how lucky he is to have her, and I hope your mum manages to maintain some of her independence. How are you doing? You must be really busy with the boys off and helping your mum!

To all marchers big loves, check in when you can.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Last night I freaked out when rental lady emailed me that she thought I was moving in on 8/4 not 8/1. Knowing her, that means the apartment hasn't been cleaned and painted yet. Deep calming breaths!!
Sass my sweet I was not calm until I became sober, I was a mad woman prior to that and I had the blood pressure to prove it. So often I want to jump through Newcomers Posts and tell them that the urgency of emotion will leave them once they put the bottle down but one must be careful the way one says things.

Don't worry about the apartment if the cleaning and painting aren't done on time. Yes it'll be a pain in the butt if it must be done around you but it can be done that way. The important thing here is making that move, it's OK if it doesn't happen perfectly and it will all work out.

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post

Marcher, I wish I could fly you here to cook for our Labor Day party! I don't even know where to begin --
Duff I wish I could fly there too. I would cook for you until the cows come home and we would have a great time.

I just checked about Labor Day -- it's the first weekend in September, we have heaps of time. How many people are we expecting, how many kids, how many adults?

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Marcher, ((((hug))))) just coz I wanted to coz you're lovely!
Aw Toots, you are a sweetheart, thank you. Big hugs to you too my main Scots friend.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Hi folks.

Just ending my day 1. It was most def on struggle street this morning, esp with having to go to work but i've had worse withdrawals, I did start to feel better as the day wore on. Not particularly looking forward to the crazy dreams and sweats tonight but i'll get through it.

Well, the best motivator happened to me yesterday to kick this once and for all. My psych Do gave me an ultimatum. As you may remember i'm presently waiting on word from the nursing board as to whether they give me my license back to practice. He's threatened that if I haven't stopped drinking in another three weeks then he'll be contacting the board. As you can well imagine, this has scared the **** out of me, exactly what I need.

I attend the pharmacist on a daily basis for supervised dispensing of Antabuse.

I've to see him every Monday for the next three months and i've to attend AA a very minimum of twice a week.

I'm going to do everything he says. It's great that he's done this. I don't care about being treated in a childlike fashion. This man is saving my life.

Sorry not to address you all. I'm tired tonight and still not feeling the best. Bed time for me.

Night folks
Old 07-29-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hope your sleep is undisturbed and peaceful, Life! This course sounds good.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Life I suggest you think long and hard about why you aren't posting when you need to. I want you sober, I want to help you get sober but I can't support you if you are not here. Other Marchers tell you they want to support you but they can't support you if you aren't here. You say you want to be sober but you don't check in with us? I'm not starting a fight here, I am pointing out the craziness of this situation.

Sometimes I feel like a bit of a dingbat because I've checked in here every single day (bar four I think) in sixteen months. My life is busy, I'm sober, ...what's to check in for? What's to check in for is Accountability with a capital A. I need you people because you people, like me, know what it's like to be drunk, to drink, to find reasons to keep drinking. You people keep me Accountable for the life I have, you remind me how it can be taken away from me in a moment by making me remember what was.

SR is not Facebook, SR is a check-in on sobriety and recovery, it's telling problems and suggesting solutions, it's being accountable and finding ways to stay sober. For me it's every morning and every evening a way to remember that I'm alcoholic, that my sobriety is precious and that I can help other alcoholics along the way.

SR is my lifeline and I strongly urge you to make it your lifeline. We are past the stage of picking and choosing Life, we need to both make and keep sobriety as #1 and it starts with SR every day.
Thank you for this. I popped in because I need to, and I was given this, thank you. What a great reminder of how leaning in on all you beautiful people can really keep you checked. It did for me last year... maybe it will do it again....
Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hi, Phebe!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 1 of no smoking is underway. To not be tempted, I stayed in bed until it was time to come to work. I know that's not a long term solution, but it helped today. Last night I threw out all ashtrays and lighters. It's gonna be harder than drinking was. If only I could get arrested for smoking!!

Duff, I was in Port St Lousy when Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne hit, one took half my shingles the other got the rest.
After Frances I was without power for 10 days, even though the other side of the street had it on within 1 day. I did have a kind neighbor who let me run an extension cord through the ditch so I could at least keep my refrigerator running.
By the time power was restored, all my furniture and carpets had begun to mold. Fortunately I had a good insurance company, who came through quickly with money for a new roof.
I didn't replace the furniture or carpets, that's the time I decided to move to Tonga. Fixed roof, sold house, moved away! I got out at the right time, I saw my old house for sale again for $95,000 less than I sold it for.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Yup - that was one crazy year! My friend lost her entire house in PSL - they think a tornado took it out. She wasn't left with even have a hairbrush or a toothbrush. My parents are in Vero so they were double whammied too.

I think I told you I did foreclosure mediations in PSL. I was quite busy for a few years -- it was one of the fastest growing towns in the boom and, alternatively, one of the fastest to bottom out. Total mess - you're lucky you got out when you did.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hello all. Sorry haven't been around. My wee baby Hardy (my dog) had to be put to sleep yesterday. Husband and I are devastated xx
Old 07-29-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm so sorry, Snaggle!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Aw, Snaggle. So sorry. Good to see you, though.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Snaggle.
There just ain't anything to say to make that better.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Phebe!!!!!!!!!!
Jump back on in! It will take all of 3 seconds to feel right back at home here.

Glad to here from you girlfriend!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Snaggle - that is heartbreaking!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Snaggle, sorry for your loss.

I just had a thought. Idiot counselor also does smoke cessation classes, maybe I should sign up. After 3 weeks of the same info, I'll get so annoyed I'll quit just to avoid him!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Uh, I left work today and could have stopped to widdle a tree branch to smoke I wanted a cigarette so bad.

Still kinda waving this one out.

This is all way to familiar. I can't even use ice cream to help me out. Grrrrrrr.

It will pass. It will pass. It will pass.
Breathing. Breathing.
Smoking stink.
I don't want more wrinkles.
Must not eat the whole cake.

Okay. I can do this.
23.5 hours of it's okay and .5 hours of this ain't all that much fun is do-able.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Lol. Sign up Budd for his stop smoking classes. I dare you.
I'd love to hear his opinions on why smoking is bad for you.