Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 07-27-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

In the nicest possible way J, I think you need to challenge the idea you're not worthy to post here unless you're sober

Reaching out for support is *crucial* to success. Noone - and I mean noone - does this alone.

I understand you don't want lectures. I tend to think you've had the lectures - you just need to believe it's possible for you now.....

But a little bit of support, a bit of reinforcement when the choice is drink or not, could really turn things around for you I think

food for thought anyway - as usual the end choice is yours J

D
Old 07-27-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Are you talking about those games in England and Scotland Marcher that are like the Olympics? I saw them talking about it on TV.
xoxo
Ha ha Shoes, your ignorance is cute. That seriously made me laugh out loud! xxx
Old 07-27-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

As always Dee, extremely wise words. I had a particularly drunk weekend. I don't feel it's respectful to you guys to post when drunk but I know i'm always welcome.

Thank you to you and thank you to everyone. I have tremendous respect for you all.

I need to sort this out once and for all.

Much love

J
Old 07-27-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

Honestly? When you're fighting for your very life I could care less if you were 'respectful' to me or not J.

SR is expressly for those kinds of rough weekends - don't let a misguided sense of nobility keep you from help when you need it most.

You need to start caring about yourself as much as you care about us, J.
D
Old 07-27-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Life, I agree with Dee, Its time to give yourself the respect you show towards us. You can do it!!!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

What an amazing character u are Dee. Thank you.

Ok, no matter what, I'm hanging around and posting. Even if just to check in. I'm very low at the moment I need you guys and I promise to b completely honest with u all.

I'm en route now to c my psych doc and I've spoken with someone in AA. There's a woman's meeting on sat. I most def plan to go. I'm shaky today, I know the nxt couple of days are going to b tough. Wish me luck!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing you the very best as always J

D
  # 268 (permalink)  

Thank you Budd xo
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee
Old 07-27-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Life, i hope you will keep on posting here! We care about you and you are worth it. I understand the feelings of unworthiness - I go there myself at times, too. I've been on SR for over 2 years but I'm not giving up. It's sad that we see this as shameful and/or as a lack of willpower because neither is true. I'm taking a leap of faith that my docs will help me get through this, as will all of you. (((Hugs)))
Old 07-27-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

And Dee, thanks for your good thoughts. I value them and do take them in.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

I want you to know I feel the same about you Sass - you're undeniably worthy of support too

D
Old 07-27-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Dee!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Yesterday I went the club for movie night, we watched American Graffiti. When I walked in, I saw the guy that won and crashed the scooter. He was released from the hospital in Miami that morning.

Instead of going to check on his boat, or see the damage he did to the scooter, he took the bus from Miami to the club, sat down and started drinking. He was still wearing his hospital shirt.

All I could say was that we were collecting to get him some training wheels.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post

Instead of going to check on his boat, or see the damage he did to the scooter, he took the bus from Miami to the club, sat down and started drinking. He was still wearing his hospital shirt.
I shouldn't laugh, but that's too funny about still wearing the hospital shirt! I hope he wakes up soon.

((((Life))))

Please don't feel unworthy. You are among comrades who love you! We love you through thick and thin. Sometimes when we're weak and down, a shot of love is what we need. Please never hesitate to show your face! We miss you when you're away.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Life SR is here to help us get off and stay off alcohol, and without the support of giver yoni here I would not have managed the first, to begin my journey in the second. If I hadn't come back here when I was still drinking that last time, I would not have found the strength to stop. We all need all the help we can get to battle this vicious disease, and deal with the issues that caused us to return to it time and time again when life got tough.

Marcher, well done love, you are immense. The worst battles I have had of late with AV have all been at good times, not times of stress. I guess, AV chooses it's battles, and knows we have better defences not to manage the tough times so it hopes to catch us out with the good times. You turned it round. I hope you get a chance to have a nice rest to recoup.

We went out for a brunch in Boston yesterday with some of hubby's colleagues, one of whoms wife was up for the weekend from Texas. It was fun, made me realise I miss chatting to folk other than hubby!

Joy has been having a tough time just now with things, she will not turn to pills, but some positive thoughts towards her will go a long way. She has been going through the mill of late. I will try to get her here to say hi

Wehav, wonderful to see you here, we do miss your wonderful posts. I hope we see a little more from you once the workapaloosa slows down.

North. How are things with you love??

Ah Budd, a 'there but for the Grace' moment eh? Some folk just can't be helped. I had to learn that the hard way with my exH

Duff, how are the kids holidays going? How's your dad doing now is he fully recovered?

Sass, I have every faith in you to win your war.

Shoes, my pals niece collects all things bakalite, she has an old bakalite phone, with the cotton cord? I think you would get along well!

Gilmer, how are you doing? How's your dad? Will you and he spend time with your friend (who will be helping out with him while yr away) before you go?

Ok marchers I have a week to kick start be safe xx
Old 07-28-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

That's a great idea, Toots! I will take Esther, her two toddlers, and my dad out to lunch to get acquainted. She is so cheerful and gracious, and her kids are cute, not brats. I'm sure my dad will be as comfortable as possible. He will like her (plus, she is easy on the eyes. Not that my dad would ever act in any way untoward--but he does appreciate the ladies! :-)).
Old 07-28-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Life I suggest you think long and hard about why you aren't posting when you need to. I want you sober, I want to help you get sober but I can't support you if you are not here. Other Marchers tell you they want to support you but they can't support you if you aren't here. You say you want to be sober but you don't check in with us? I'm not starting a fight here, I am pointing out the craziness of this situation.

Sometimes I feel like a bit of a dingbat because I've checked in here every single day (bar four I think) in sixteen months. My life is busy, I'm sober, ...what's to check in for? What's to check in for is Accountability with a capital A. I need you people because you people, like me, know what it's like to be drunk, to drink, to find reasons to keep drinking. You people keep me Accountable for the life I have, you remind me how it can be taken away from me in a moment by making me remember what was.

SR is not Facebook, SR is a check-in on sobriety and recovery, it's telling problems and suggesting solutions, it's being accountable and finding ways to stay sober. For me it's every morning and every evening a way to remember that I'm alcoholic, that my sobriety is precious and that I can help other alcoholics along the way.

SR is my lifeline and I strongly urge you to make it your lifeline. We are past the stage of picking and choosing Life, we need to both make and keep sobriety as #1 and it starts with SR every day.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

What an amazing post marcher. There have been a few of those today. I know it's all virtual but, even so, i'm actually feeling very loved tonight. It's 9:30 pm here. I'm putting myself early to bed and tomorrow, I am A, not drink and B copy, past and print some of the wise words that have been written here today. Wishing you all a good SunMon as Marcher would say

LP
Old 07-28-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Sleep tight, Life!