# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of January 2012 Part 11

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-21.html

D
Old 05-13-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

**{Big hugs to my friend, faceit I'm sorry for your loss}} I know are pets become family just take comfort knowing she is at peace and watching over you♥ Sending lots of love and peace to you♥♥..... Its been a cool day here and rainy, I just thought I would pop in to say hello and check in with everyone. Pretty awesome Kat with the kayak, I did it once and it was pretty cool :-) I'm still sober and loving it♥ Much love to you all♥ Just bumping this up :-)...Hello Dee♥
Old 05-13-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nel

D
Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

checking in after a long time away. day 864 of sobriety. I am engaged to a beautiful lady now. life is so good.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Yay, new thread.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations newleaves

D
Old 05-17-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome newleaves! :-) Happy Saturday everyone getting ready to hit my garage sales :-) love & peace to you all♥♥
Old 05-20-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Just quick word to say all's good in the camp.
still sober
Onwards and upwards
Old 05-23-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Lots of big things coming.
Going back to college, EEK! Something I couldn't have done a few years ago.
So if you don't hear from me for awhile, know I am sober & moving onward & upwards

Sean, happy 1year early!

Thanks to you all for being so supportive & encouraging.
I am blessed to call you family.
Peace, love & hugs to you all
PCL
Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Newleaves!! And nice to "see" you FF, Nel, Dee, and PCL!! I am heading to MA tomorrow for my niece's wedding. I know they are big party people so I imagine there will be lots of drinking. I had a strange thought about what it would be like if I had some wine. I know I won't but I guess that devil still sits on my shoulder sometimes. I will be vigilant! I am a happy almost retired person and I wouldn't do anything to mess it up. Have a great weekend to all my wonderful classmates!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have every confidence in you Katrinka
Have a good weekend!
D
Old 05-24-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello my dear class, wonderful to read your updates Fab news JAM and Katrinka, so know that you will breeze through this. All is still sober and good here, am both working on my designs, building my company so I can sell them and to make sure I have a steady income I have a 70% job as well mostly evenings and nights so it all fits perfectly

I went to a party the other day, I was really looking forward to it as I so seldom go to such events these days and there I had a great realization, I have never really liked parties with lots of people I do not know, you stand around and drink up some courage and late at night when everybody is drunk and dancing you start to get to know other people. When sober that bit does not really work out for me, for a minute I thought that sobriety has changed my and that I do not know how to have fun anymore, then I remembered I never liked them in the first place, not even when I was drinking. Then like now I feel most comfortable in the bathroom with the door closed Because there I don't have to pretend that I am having fun....

So with that realization I can embrace who I am and what I like and meet my friends in other settings where I can have lots of fun as well

Onwards and upwards my friends, Sean, fab to see how well you are doing

Love, L
Old 06-03-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Hi Everyone!
First, congrats New Leaves! Very exciting for you!
Seanie, keep going strong, one year is right around the corner!
JAM, I'm glad to hear you are pursuing something for yourself and doing great! You will succeed in college, you've accomplished so much already. Please stop in and keep us posted once and a while!
Kat, I had a similar thought a couple of weeks ago..it was fleeting but I actually entertained a thought about 'what if I just had a glass..' It shocked me that, 2 and 1/2 years sober, my mind would even go there. Thank God I came to my senses and played the tape through! As you said, a reminder to ALWAYS be vigilant.
Limbo, I'm with you..I also discovered I never really cared for any big social events. Alcohol was my crutch to loosen up and act like the life of the party. In reality, I'm much happier being alone or with one or two close friends. I prefer to be my authentic self more and more..
Life is good and I continue to thank God for my many blessings, mainly for my sobriety.
Love to All
Kim xo
Old 06-03-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello everyone just a quick hello we are heading for a vacation soon. Seanie I was thinking of you today and knew it was close to your one year, keep up the awesome work!!Happy early one year my friend Just in case I don't get a chance to check in. Much love to you all!....xoxo
Old 06-04-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Hi Nel! Have an awesome vacation!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Cruising along sober at present, really feel good

Shin splints have gone and ran 45 miles this week no pain yay !

Hope you are all well the 3 year peak can be seen through the mist, keep climbing way to dangerous to go back.

Be good !
Old 06-15-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Fab news DD, wow...the 3 year peak....how lovely does that not sound Who would have thought!!!!!!!

Soberlicious love, L
Old 06-21-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Hey DD!!! Awesome on the 45 miles! And even better going on 3 years!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Class! 45 miles! That's great DD. Being healthy is the best reason not to drink, isn't it? I have officially retired as of Tuesday at noon, it feels great! Doing everything I can to stay healthy as long as I can so I can enjoy my time is a priority. And I hope to do some drawing and painting just for fun. I hope you are all doing great!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning class DD that is impressive awesomeness! Shin splints are the worst! I got them years ago when I use to work out pretty heavy. I just started a group on Facebook for us over 40 hoopers...lol.. Its awesome, you know some find religion when they are going through their sobriety journey I found hooping it has change my life! Its amazing how a plastic circle can do that, its amazing to see all the awesome hoop dancer rock there hoops and its amazing how huge and awesomely nice the hoop community is. I did not know it existed until I Google hoops and searched Facebook oh my gosh its amazing! Hope all is going well with everyone of my wonderful classmates much love to you all xoxo....Here is a link to one of the awesome young hoopers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsHdTTuhabc