Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 9

Old 07-26-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Morning classmates on a cool, cloudy Saturday morning here....

Great pic MM!! You guys still holidaying? Great to see you again!

Beardy, have a great time in Portugal!! No funny stuff eh just because you're out of country lol

And, I think we have a classmate celebrating a milestone today, looks like our "senior classmate"

CONGRATS ON REACHING 7 ODELLE!!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Great view on past drinking Mesa!

Last night we had a family gathering and most were drinking. I wasn't tempted but was a little worried before hand. Now I understand why people don't want to be around drunks. lol. Although most of my family are only social drinkers, I didn't like the hugs and having to smell booze breath and people repeating themselves.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon class...today marks 6 months of sobriety for me. Thanks for the daily support!!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good Going Girl on 6 months!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Way to go Erik!!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 months Erik!!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Good Job Erik
Old 07-29-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi classmates,

It looks like I might have to bow (or skulk ashamedly) out of class for a while.

A stupid argument and spur of the moment decision has cost me nearly 7 months of hard work.

I wish everyone else the best of luck with everything and it's been a pleasure to have had your company.

Wendolene x
Old 07-30-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Morning classmates!

Wendolene, no need to bow out, keep coming back, start again with renewed determination!!

CONGRATS ON 7 MONTHS ADEE
Old 07-30-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Wendolene, I had the same "F-U!" attitude to my life's circumstances in November and had a 2-day relapse--but I came right back. Since November I've had over 8 months consecutively, but altogether I've been living overwhelmingly sober for the past 18 months.

Every bit of sober time is highly valuable and every slip is useful for your instruction and growth. Don't be down about it: just adjust your attitude and the circumstances if need be. That's the advice I got here.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Wendolene, you slipped, you didn't fail. No need to self-exhile, this is a class for alcoholics, all are welcome. Now, pick yourself up and strenghten your reslove!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Congratulations Erik on 6 and Odelle on 7! Wendolene, I agree - don't skulk away. Stay. Try again. We've all been there.

I just wanted to check in - I'm sorry I've been so absent. I've been been away for good reasons though - busy, good, crazy life. Had a weekend away alone with my husband and it was wonderful. Lots of good honest talks and I got honest with him about huge stressor in my life - taking care of our finances on my own. This is a really sensitive subject for us in the past but once again I'm learning that if I'm honest and speak from the heart, usually it's ok and it was again this time. I'm slowly ceding control, of a lot of things, and it is helping.

I'm working through amends and struggling with some of them but it also feels good to be addressing some of the wreckage. I'm finding that I'm more likely to say I'm sorry in the day to day now which really reduces my stress and propensity to shame. Saying sorry allows me to let go of a lot of burdens I tend to carry for far longer than is necessary.

I'm utterly grateful. I'm also simply amazed at the changes in my life over the last 7 months. Not so much on the outside - I imagine my life looks much the same to anyone looking from the outside in. But I am truly different - I feel like I have fundamentally changed in sobriety in a way I could not have imagined. I still have a TON of work to do but I actually feel like I can do it, and will work through all that is still out there one thing at a time.

Though I don't check into SR that often due to time - I'm also so grateful for this group and all of you. Thank you for being here!

Have a great day.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Great to see you adee! Nice to see you working your program and enjoying the benefits!

And I'm happy to say we have another milestoner!

CONGRATS BEARDY ON 7 MONTHS!!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Way to Go, Beardy! Congrats on 7 months.

Good to see you Adee. Glad that things are going WELL!

Wendolene, You're a part of us and we are doing this TOGETHER!

I hope everyone else is doing GOOD, too.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Get Jur Sober On

6 months & 3 weeks today, and I can't say that I think about it all that much anymore. I can't lust for that which I don't want to go back to.

Busy working on my shiny new Truck, and enjoying this gorgeous Colorado day after some heavy Rain earlier this week. Maybe some free local Music outside tonight. We'll see.

Stick around, Wendolene. We need more 'Wallace & Gromit' Fans here!

Sober on, Sportsfans!

~ MM ~
Old 08-03-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Morning classmates! Pretty quiet in here, hopefully means that we are all continuing on our journeys without too much of a struggle!

MM - Mention shiny new truck with no details or pics??? You know what that does to us truck lovers, lol

Not much news here, shed is all up just waiting for the tin, soffit & facia, and walk-in door to be delivered, then I can finish it and put it to use. Work is busy as usual, another month and most of my jobs will be done and I'll be ready to help the neighbour's with harvest. I really enjoy seeding and harvest time, it's busy, long hours, but keeps me not thinking about drinking and how much better it is doing the things I love with a clear, level head!

Take care classmates, don't let the struggle wear you down, and never forget where you came from, just don't let it get in the way of where you're headed.......
Old 08-03-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Good morning Class.

Sorry I have participated much over the past month. Dr. put me on antidepressants one month ago and sadly, the side effects just aren't worth the effort; massive headaches in the morning, teeth aching from grinding at night, tired and feeling terrible. I've stuck it out this long hoping the symptoms would taper off, but it seems to be getting worse. This isn't my first failed attempt at SSRIs, I guess I'm one who just doesn't do well on them.

One of the most noticeable side effects has been increased anger and rage, and having a whiney, demanding pup has nearly pushed me over the edge.

Hopefully, I will level out soon. While thoughts of drinking have surfaced lately, I haven't given in; another side effect of AD?

Anyhow, the past month hasn't been a good one, but onward we go!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Odelle and sending well wishes and good thoughts your way.

MM, a new truck............... we could use one. But DH says if we got a new one he'd be worried about riding in the bush. lol. We do have a good car but a new truck would be fun. Pictures, please!

Heh North, I see you are keeping busy as usual. What will you use your new shed for? Harvest time is a good time!

We are winding down our season a bit and the weather has finally gotten just beautiful. Hoping for a beautiful Indian Summer. I'm off to pick berries up the hill.

Somedays I still struggle but know I'd be struggling far worse if I were still drinking. I'm proud to have come this far and have no intentions of backsliding. One Day at a time.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Be Careful What You Wish For

OK, Kris47, you asked for it!

Da Michigan_er Wife was just back in her/your 'Hood. 5 days with her Polack Pals around Detroit Suburbs. She got to participate in the Woodward Avenue Car Cruise, and there were some real Beauties being driven around.

FIL worked Interior Design at Dearborn, so I had to buy a Ford after running my last Rice Burner SUV for 14 years. Good fun. A larger Travel Trailer [~20'] and a visit to her old School in the U.P. will be in order next year after we move f/t to the W. Colorado House I designed and built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Truck_600 crop.jpg (90.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-03-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry this group kinda got away from me with everything else going on. Glad to see so many people doing so well

D