Administrator

Moms and Mums Club Part 10

We continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-21.html

D
Old 05-09-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow...part 10 already! Thanks Dee!

Having my tea, and so ready for a good night sleep! What are you moms doing for Mother's Day? Going to try and keep things low key after a crazy week. I usually cook like a fiend, but going to take a break from it, and have some basic meals that don't require much effort:-)

Hope you all have something nice planned
Old 05-09-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ah field trips... Been there done that have the t shirt ... Ugh!!!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all!
I got a new laptop, so I'm back in business. A few days after the cat puked on my keyboard, I dropped my laptop (totally by accident, I swear) and the screen cracked, making the whole thing completely unusable. I've been reading, but it's been a pain to post.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

I have to work today. This morning, I was out in the garden planting tomatoes, peppers and basil, and thinking about how last year, I was looking forward to champagne in the morning on Mother's Day. We had a picnic, and my husband got me white wine, and I was pretty buzzed after the morning champagne and lunch wine... I remember trying to appear completely sober for when we met up with my parents afterwards, and I probably failed miserably. I always felt awful being buzzed around my folks because I was a very good girl and high achiever growing up, and I felt like I failed them. And also because my dad's father was an abusive alcoholic and my dad rose above it and is a very normal drinker. He hated his father - I only met him once when I was like 4, and I hate that I probably reminded my dad of his own dad. I know my parents always worried about my drinking.... I have some pretty terrible memories of putting them through worry with it.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,

Dolly, we are keeping it low key here too. Having my in-laws over today to celebrate and hubby is cooking out burgers. Then tomorrow we are having my mom over for dinner. Geez, I guess that is a lot of entertaining, but hubby will do most of the cooking ( not cleaning, ugh!) Wish we could just all go out somewhere together and be done with it!!!

Going to be warm and summer-like this weekend. Chance of rain today, but lots of sun tomorrow! We leave a week from today for vacation. Going to the beach (Outer Banks, NC) for a week with my mom, brother, SIL, 7 mo nephew and my SIL's family (parents and sister/boyfriend). All pretty big drinkers so not looking forward to being around that all week. I think I would really be having a hard time/struggling with it if I weren't pregnant. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to this trip a year ago. I was newly sober and guess I thought I would be stronger in my sobriety by now? I would be 13 months sober if I hadn't had all of my slips. Oh well, I know I won't be tempted since I am pregnant, but it is going to be annoying being around the drinking all week. The ladies will all be drinking my favorite drinks - Chardonnay and vodka tonics, ugh. Anyway, just trying to prepare myself for it. Will have my iPad so I can hop on here whenever I want

Happy Mother's Day to all of you strong, wonderful Mommas!!!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh ladybug... Chardonnay and vodka tonics and the outer banks??? OMG... I would be in heaven/hell... I love it there and am hoping to be able to go again next summer... Had a great vaca there one time with my sisters and our families back in the day before my drinking was out of control and it was so beautiful .... I hope u can enjoy some nice quiet time on the beach alone!!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day ladies!!!
Ladybug, I am SOOOO jealous that you're going to the Outer Banks! Me and my husband's family used to rent a beach house for about a week by Corolla. I've been begging my husband to organize a trip back there. Maybe next year! I never got to drink much while I was there. My husband was always a poop about letting me drink on vacations. I guess he didn't want me getting wasted around his family! I remember always being so cranky because I couldn't drink or I couldn't get enough to drink. All I wanted to do was get an unlimited supply of beer and sit out on the beach all day. I would have missed the entire vacation! Now I absolutely love and look forward to going on vacations because I know I'm not chained to that alcohol and I can just enjoy myself!
Bebetter congratulations on the new laptop! Sounds like you needed a new one. I love kitties so much, but the puking thing really sucks. Just this morning our precious little kitty decided to puke on our bed at 4am. Fortunately I have ninja like skills and was able to throw her off before she could throw up on the bed. Never mind the profanities that went along with it.
Just taking it easy so far this weekend. Today is our cheat day and we went out for breakfast at our favorite breakfast place. I fully intend on going to Trader Joe's later today and buying some treats for tonight. Tomorrow we might go to Galveston if the weather is OK.
This is my first year of being a mommy on mother's day and I'm so glad I'm spending it sober!
Old 05-10-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy 1st Mother's Day Lulu!! We will look back and be grateful for being sober for these special days with our little ones
Old 05-10-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, being at the beach this weekend sounds wonderful!
I just went to a wine and art festival with my mother n law and hubby. No temptations for me but Hubby mentioned the smell of alcohol. I don't even miss it! Can you imagine having a buzz in the early afternoon? Your whole day is shot. Instead I have the rest of the day. It's 73 and windy today. It's bringing in hot weather which I love!
We are going to the observatory tonight then to the Amgen bike race tomorrow. It's going to be on NBC. I like being busy with hubby. He's doesn't complain so much when his mom is here. I'm not sure if he's drinking but he seems relatively level headed. He's playing tennis with her and my son now. It's good to see. Knock on wood it all goes well. It's nice to feel normal for a few hours at least!

Happy Saturday!!
Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi All...

Sounds like a good day Lady...enjoy it tomorrow:-)

Lulu...happy first Mother's Day!!! It's a special one!

I am pained to recall that towards the end of my drinking, I was really putting us in a bad financial position as I was spending all our money on booze. Ashamed to say I had gotten in the habit of pawning jewelry etc. lots of sentimental pieces I sold...including the heart necklace hubby gave me for my first Mothers Day:-(

I waited 7 years and endured 3 painful miscarriages before I was able to enjoy my first Mothers Day, and loved that locket. So sad that I let this disease destroy those memories!! I am still working on the guilt I feel when I recall things like that. I am much better, and don't let it get me down too much...I try to focus in the positives, and know I am making amends every day I stay sober!

Tomorrow we are going to brunch with the family, then I am treating myself to a sunless tanning session in the afternoon:-)

hugs to all you mommies!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi fellow moms. Day three here which is where I fell down last time but you know what, that dosen't matter. Today I am not going to drink and that's all that is important. My first fully sober weekend in years. Probably since I was pregnant and my daughter is now 3. Feeling very positive right now. Have made some progress as my drinking was very hidden I have told my family and my ex the true extent of the problem and even though I hate to worry them at least I feel like it's out in the open and I have some accountability to deal with it. It was too easy to go back while it was still hidden. First session with an addiction counsellor tomorrow too so that's a big step. Thanks for listening
Old 05-11-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are doing so well May!! Awesome work.

Worst mood here. Mother's Day was crap, got nothing not even a card. Not even a Happy Mothers Day feel like drinking so badly.

Glad all are well. Lol at cat vomit! Ewwww!!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Moms.

New Star...so sorry you had a crappy Mother's Day:-(. Drinking won't make it better, it would only add a crappy day after Mothers Day to the mix.

Hang in there, and do something nice for yourself!!!

Hope everyone is doing good...check back in later.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Moms. I don't post regularly but I read. Day 19 here. And this saying has always stuck with me. But for moms like us, I hope for so much MORE. I hope my children look back and see a tea cup in my hand and not a wine glass. To put it simply.

Happy Mother's Day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (77.2 KB, 188 views)
Old 05-11-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

New star ... Seriously???... I would be SO pissed off!!! If it were me I would day something about it hurting your feelings... Mother's Day is the only day of the year that I wants gifts.... I always tell hubby and older kids to not buy me anything for Xmas or my birthday but Mother's Day I like to be kinda spoiled .... Did u express to hubby that u would like a card of something? I know my hubby probably would blow it off if I didn't kinda "remind" him that I want special treatment on Mother's Day .... Please don't drink over it though !!!!!
Old 05-11-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi new star - so sorry you had a bad Mother's Day I'm with sissy though - I would definitely let your hubby know how disappointed and hurt you are at not even receiving a card or simple Happy Mother's Day acknowledgement. Has this happened before? Do you think he simply forgot? Stay strong and stand up for yourself. You are doing so well with your sobriety and are a wonderful mommy!!! Hugs!
Old 05-11-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks girls. I told him I was disappointed and upset. He just said sorry but didn't say it with much meaning. I went to bed upset then woke up determined. I told him we can celebrate Mother's Day next weekend. He has a whole week to plan something!! He never remembers anything- not birthdays or anniversaries. I don't even mind if it's a home made card. Just a thought is nice

Didn't drink though..that would've made it worse!
Old 05-11-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good job New Stat on talking to your hubby, and coming up with a plan to celebrate later!! Of course....congrats on not drinking!! You handled the whole situation beautifully!!!!
Old 05-11-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Aww ladybug. Your words are so kind, thank you.

And thank you dolly. I know in the past I would've definitely handled it with a bottle of wine. Then woken up feeling 1000 times worse!!

Thanks sissy in the past he hasn't done anything for Mother's Day but I ignored it. Yesterday though I felt really annoyed for some reason!!

Feeling better now thanks to you lovelies
Old 05-11-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good for you new star! He has no excuse now, right? Proud of you for staying strong