Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 9

Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Still feeling very emotionally swingy ; happy happy/ sad soooo sad, and back again, can't stop the guilt gnawing away at my brain, eating me up, thinking there is no point in anything,

So I give myself a stern talking to, make everything real sized and its all OK for a minute... Then off I go again!!! Exhausting!!!

What if when people sober up, they realise they actually hate themselves and feel totally worthless???

Glad everyone is still here, and OK, or okish....

Xx
Cut yourself some slack Enfin - you're still in early recovery - everyone's moods go up and down, everyone has regrets and guilt and I daresay a lot of us hate ourselves to some degree....

But it really will get better - the fundamental step right now is to stay sober...when that stabilises, then you can sort through all the debris and paraphernalia of the past, and you'll be far better equipped to do it then.

You're part of the March family - I've no idea why you'd think that you'd been forgotten...it was a pretty fast and furious weekend posting wise, thats all

Stay with the gang

D
Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thanks for this, Chris. I blame the alignment of the Universe for everyone's weird moods. As good a reason as any.

Full moon eclipse has to count for something, right?

Right?
Old 04-15-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Sing with me cause I got the bloody moon blues..
Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I think I have replaced my bottle with a bowl of caramel delights gelato where is my stretchy pants
Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Since I quit drinking I have rediscovered an old love reading I'm actually trying to re read the library classics I am reading Treasure Island finished murders in the Rue Morgue yesterday. Everyone have sober night be safe keep swimming
Old 04-15-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

If you're having daily struggles don't forget about the 24 hour thread a lot of great motivation lot of nice people its just a 24 hour commitment
Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

We've been a little quieter today, I guess.

Lots of struggles here in the last week or so. I'm super grateful I've been able to dodge the bullet so far, and I know it is possible to not pick up a drink. If it was possible yesterday, it is possible tomorrow. I'm holding on to that.

No one or no situation is worth my picking up that first drink right now. I'll go to bed sober tonight. Day 42.

Take care, everyone.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hey there! I feel like I haven't been around in ages. I guess it's been a day. Ha!

Well I'm just tuckered out. I just want a martini. But I'm having this dry sausage and some olives instead. Angrily chewing.

I've been working around the clock. Had a manic override today and went straight into survival mode, planning strategies for changing my life and following new opportunities, and tearful phone calls to my husband telling him I need to change and please say you'll support meeeeee waaaaaaaaaaa!

He's been doing alright. Sometimes I want to kick him out and sometimes I know we're pushing each other to the limit, and sometimes we mesh so perfectly well.... Our status must be determined at a later date because I am barely hanging on here.

My feet are so tired. My brain is so tired.
I've made my to-do list for tomorrow. that means I don't have anything to think about because it's all on paper and there's nothing I have to do right now. I just have to sit here, putter on the internet, not get inspired or worked up by anything, and just slowly fade into sleep
Old 04-15-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Darn I missed the meeting. Anyone know if I can view the meeting contents after the meeting is that possible?
Old 04-15-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Since I quit drinking I have rediscovered an old love reading I'm actually trying to re read the library classics I am reading Treasure Island finished murders in the Rue Morgue yesterday. Everyone have sober night be safe keep swimming
Since I quit drinking I have:
- Been so much more connected to my family
- Read much more
- Taken up new hobbies like flying remote control quadcopters with hd cameras (a lot of fun)!
- Have an overall better appreciation of nature and the "little things" in life
- Played better tennis
- The good list goes on and on...
Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, well what a few days ive had, but am back, still sad but life goes on
Old 04-16-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Darn I missed the meeting. Anyone know if I can view the meeting contents after the meeting is that possible?
No, sorry Chris that's not an option at this time.

D
Old 04-16-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Day 25 for me!

I heard a quote yesterday I thought I would share:

If you live your life with one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, then all you're doing is pissing on today.

That is to help us remember that all we have is today. What's in the past is done.
What happens tomorrow is out of our control right now.
So let us focus on and enjoy today.

I will not drink today.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
Hello everyone, well what a few days ive had, but am back, still sad but life goes on
Hey Toddle nice to hear from you Do you have anything planned for easter?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

thank you looking, no have no plans, do you? my family all want me at theirs, thats not going to happen
Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I'm happy to see you Toddle I promise you it will get better this takes time.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Well I made it to day 30 again but I'm not going back this time. I couldn't have gone this far without the amazing support of all my buddies in Sr. Thank you
Old 04-16-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

thank you mr f, will it get better? drink and upset dont help toddle, no, angry and tears, and the effect of alcohol and pills makes it worse
Old 04-16-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Thanks dee for your wisdom,it think what's happening is the low self esteem I had at 17 is resurfacing after the alcohol has worn off, it was always there but blamed on booze, now it must just be me!! There's 20 years of decisions and mistakes to sift though now I suppose, and find a me in here, plus the usual life, jobs, kids, cooking and stuff....
Thanks Mr f for being strong and sharing, and Cali for reminding me everyone has bad days!
Kim's friend, love your quote... So true!!!
Toddle, look up... Its the only way, as yazz once sung to us in a swqueelky voice!!!
Ilya, relationships are weird I think.... Hope u get some progress...
Live and love to u all....
X
PS am working on a since I quit drinking list too for positivity!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

squeek voice? acck dont remember that