Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 9

Old 04-18-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

First sober easter!

A great way to look at it..... I guess i should start enjoying it
Old 04-18-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Toddle I thought the doctor was coming to visit you.

You've been saying one alarming and concerning thing after another.

Please have the doctor visit
Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I have a very big day. I'm extremely tired. It's amazing how I had forgotten how a night of drinking can affect me for days after.

I am so tired
Old 04-18-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Morning all.
Hope all are well. Some slips, but mainly positive recently.
Just checking in.
Planted lettuce, kale, spring onions, rocket and beetroot yesterday. With extra beetroot to make enfin's cake.
Another day in the garden planned for today.
Happy Easter to you all.
Your garden sounds absolutely beautiful and it sounds like a great place to escape to
Old 04-18-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Dee congratulations on seven years you are the rock star you give us all inspiration and encouragement we appreciate all that you do for Sr
Old 04-18-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
I have a very big day. I'm extremely tired. It's amazing how I had forgotten how a night of drinking can affect me for days after.

I am so tired
I would binge on most weekends with vodka weed and beer go back to work Monday and I would fight my hangover all the way till Thursday and then I'd start over how stupid are we how we let this thing control our lives.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Alcohol it's like a thief in the night he sneaks up on you and before you know it he has taken your happiness your freedom and your life .
Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Afternoon all,

Thought I'd check in to say that I'm still here - been quite busy in the build up to Easter.

Just spent half an hour or so reading through the pages I'd missed - lots of interesting discussions.

Well done Enfin on the lime and soda last night. Are you still in Harborough? Lime and soda is my drink of choice when out now but the price of it varies so much. It's great when it's just 30pence though.

Have a lovely Easter break everybody (when I say Easter break, I'm clearly not referring to Toddle's leg - that sounds plain painful)....

I'll clock in again later.

Sean
Old 04-18-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

toddle, please get that leg looked after. Don't you have national insurance there? Why aren't you getting it treated?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I used every day as a Holiday. I started drinking this last time when all my family passed away and left me money. Literally every day was a drinking holiday.

Do not recommend.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. In a better mood today. Chirping birds woke me up and the sun was out at 6am I love these long days. I have the day off and am spending it with my daughter (she has spring break/holiday this week). Love and hugs to you all from California, Chris
Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I am so tired
It's what we learn from our mistakes that counts and we are all learning from each other. Sending you love and SR power Ilya. Each day, one at a time, will build your confidence up. Hugs, Chris
Old 04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Morning all!! Guess what... I went out last night, meal in a pub with other laydees... And I drank lime n soda!!!! 30p a glass too.,,,. One lady drank 4 large wines, I was quite surprised... She didn't even seem pissed.... That's 12 or more units!!!! I was like that, 12 units, no problem... But now no way!!! Not even tempted')
It was weird a bit as I got so tired about 10... No booze to perk me up m
I guess....
They are also crazy gossps, but didn't mention the incident/maybe they don't know, or too polite to ask... Made me feel sick inside when they were gosspiping about he and here, this and them... But I am an outsider, so never really going to fit in with people who have known each other since birth!!! Still, it was quite nice...
Off to walk a hill today with family... And a huge picnic!!!
Happy Friday! X
Congratulations Enfin that (lime and soda) is one of my drinks of choice too! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, facting a big challenge now... After a mentally tough day, lots of self loathing on a family day out, my OH has gone up the shop for beer, its sunny, it's a bank hol weekend, and it's what we always do together.. I dunno if I can resist this, or watch him enjoy his beers.. We always used to go overboard together, but h e seems OK drinking without me!!!! My brain is crumbling,,,,
Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Alcohol it's like a thief in the night he sneaks up on you and before you know it he has taken your happiness your freedom and your life .
Great quote!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
thants good efing, i have broke my leg, snapped in 2 aarghh, it hurts, but knew i couldnt walk so know another thing, cant tell mummy and refused to get a cast, sorry i dont have more positive things to say
How did u break your leg... And if u don't get a cast it might be poorly forever.. Generally undont have tostay in, too expensive, they send u home after!!! I reakon your mum might notice a broken leg, cast or not!!!! How can u bear the pain,,... Get it seen to my dear, please!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by KimsFriend View Post
Toddle- I am so sorry that you continue to struggle right now.
Yesterday I ran across one of your posts when you had several weeks of sobriety under you. It was in the women's only forum so I will not repost it here, but sweetie- you sounded so HAPPY AND HEALTHY. a long, well written, eloquent post.
It was only a couple of weeks ago.

I pray that you find peace. Come back to us! Keep posting- we miss you!
I absolutely second this post Toddle.

I am so tired
I hope your day went ok Ilya Hope you're ok too CaliChris

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Dee congratulations on seven years you are the rock star you give us all inspiration and encouragement we appreciate all that you do for Sr
Thanks for the kind words Mr F

D
Old 04-18-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enfin - stay strong - drinking will absolutely not help your self loathing - but staying sober will.

My perspective on things, including myself, changed drastically after a few months sobriety.

Don't give in now.

D
Old 04-18-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the Easter wishes Sean - I hope everyone has a good weekend
D
Old 04-18-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Toddle I hope you can gather the strength to get your leg fixed. It must be so hard for you but, as you hear on here, it does get better, you just have to ride the storm....

Enfin hope you have all your "tools" setup to resist the urge of the spring drinking. Just remember alcohol will NOT improve your enjoyment of the day, in fact it will make it worse in the end!