Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 30

Old 04-20-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome, Calichris!

This is a great thread where you can make friends and get lots of support. As Carlos said, it's a flourishing little community -- sometimes it's so busy here a person can get confused, but it's all good! Again, welcome!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Welcome Chris!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Chris! So excited to see you.

Easter - so many thoughts that I can't really put into words today. I went to a meeting and I was completely unfocused. Oh, well, it's bound to happen after years of being unfocused. I'm not even all that sure what was going through my mind, but when the Chair called on me to talk, I couldn't. God is working on that mouth of mine in mysterious ways.

I've spent so much time alone that it's hard to talk about myself at all, and AA meetings are alllllllllllll about talking about oneself.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Undies Chris!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chris

D
Old 04-20-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Babs and BFree--congratulations on two weeks!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Welcome to the undies, chris. Glad to have you on board.

WooHoo on the 2 for Babs and BFree
Old 04-20-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Day 1. I feel like I've been hear so many times - Day 1 that is. I'm new to SR. I'm absolutely desperate. I'm totally destroying my family. My 14 year old daughter tells me she will kill herself if I don't stop drinking. I stop for 2-3 days and then I drink again - I get her confidence back and then I drink again. Life is desperate. I am desperate. I feel so defeated and I've said I won't drink anymore so many times that I just don't believe I can stop.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I was at that place a lot of times before, AF66. I have a bit more than a year now of sobriety with the help of my friends here at SR. One day at a time, and keep trying.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome to the Undies, AlcoholFree! I think I read on another of your posts that you snuck a bottle of wine into your bedroom. Does your husband support you in not drinking? If so, I suggest your first step is to get all liquor right out of your house!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Welcome Chris. This is a super thread. Once you get to know everyone, you will feel very much at home.

AFree. Not having a drop of alcohol in the house will help but you have to make your decision not to drink your own strong commitment. There are worst things than to never drink again. It's the best gift you'll give yourself.

Welcome to both of you.

Here they call me Dottie, or Dottie P, or Dorothy P or plain DP.

I used to be more active here but now that I'm working full time again, I don't think to come as much and all my friends are now on the over 1 year thread, where I should be too because I have 1 year and almost 4 months sobriety.

Take care.

DottieP.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

AlcoholFree - hi & welcome. I can relate to trying to stop drinking over and over and over again. I didn't know how to stop until I asked for help. I post on the 24 hour thread, where you make a simple commitment to be sober today. There is also a thread on this site called "newcomers", which more people read, where you will get more responses, faster. Lots of folks will tell you what worked for them. Keep trying the suggestions offered til you find a solution that works for you.

Calichris - welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

BoozeFree - congrats on your 2 weeks sober. I hope you had a nice visit with your family.

Babs - congrats on 2 weeks.

Carlos - very inspirational message from the long-timer. Sober living is an effort, and the confidence and pride are worth it.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I have so much to learn still and work on but happy I'm moving in the right direction.

Easter was fine the first couple hours. Then one by one people were getting drunk. A friend of my aunts got wasted and was sitting laughing endlessly at nothing. My sis proceeded to get drunk as well and after 5 hours I said I gotta go. I drank way to much soda but atleast it kept me busy. I am exhausted and watching some movie called Hop and going to sleep.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the welcome. Courage 2 - yes my husband has said he will get all the alcohol out of the house. I think he is really committed to this now. But yes dorothyparker I know that the decision not to drink has to be mine! I will get onto the 24 hour and newcomer threads too Gleefan. I really do appreciate you all offering me support. I need it so much.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Welcome to the undies Chris and Afree! it's a great group of people here! Hope all my fellow undies enjoyed a safe and sober weekend, I know I did! But alas, I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go lol

Just a quick update on helper's dad, he went for a blood transfusion last Thursday to get his iron up in preparation for his surgery this Wednesday, my prayers are with him and the whole family......
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

AFree, welcome, the people will help, encourage advice nudge and support you with every ounce of their beings- if you trust them enough to let them. As we are multi national, there is usually someone here checking in. You could also join the 'class of April 2014' thread, where others like you are taking their first baby steps and feeling the same fears, hopes and desires. I fact I would recommend sticking around SR a lot in the early days. Have you considered AA? We have several AA adherents here who swear by it, others who haven't crossed their threshold. There are many ways to work on your recovery, I read Alan Carrs book, how to Quit/control alcohol ( title depends on country I thing but a google will find it) and different autobiographies. Also look into different tools to use, like Urge Surfing. Like Dottie, I am an Overrie now, but like you I was a frequent day one in dispair, so please don't be daunted by my days; rather, believe that if a complete muppet like me can do it, you can. I'm called Toots, or oh god she's off again or occasionally sex goddess

CC welcome, you have covered a lot of ground so far, how's it going?

BB, good to see you posting regularly here, get stuck in sweetie.

BFree sorry I wasn't here to add my voice to the 2 week cheers, but awesome dealing yesterday. I need to look out for 'Hop' still haven't seen it yet. Can you think of any ways of spending more time with your young cousins? You seem to enjoy their company, you are an awesome example to them and they will help fill your demon sized hole.

Carlos, I think we will make better decisions sober because; our minds are clearer, we have no agenda, we are less self focussed and we can give ourselves time to think. Also when drunk, there is often an urge for immediacy in our words and actions, alcohol blocking our signals to our frontal lobes. So we say, text or do things that sober we wouldn't. I do like the sound of Walt.

Courage, how is that eye?

Dottie, slight faux pas there ma Cherie, which we will blame on English being your second language a lot of your friends are now Overries but many of you friends are still here in the Undies, hence the frequent visits. Voila, all sorted. ( please don't hit me)

Drake, how did the singing go? Did they make you as a ringer?? Lol

GF, perfect advice. How are you doing?

DG, I know you are just taking some much needed emotional down time, and will focus on your work soon.

Cowboy, I was looking at a map of Canada yesterday, it is endlessly amazing to me how huge the country is. I have family in BC and Nova Scotia, and I hadn't really considered before how far apart they are.

Tanja, thanks sweetie, believe it or not, I never got the flippin ice cream!
We ended up walking miles and I was doing fine until the last half hour, then things started getting sore, but I kept my eye on the prize and kept going. We arrive to see some of the bar stools removed ( we usually just sit there for a sundae) and were told it was a 2 hour wait, hubby would get one to go as he was miffed ( we are now regulars there!) so we turned right round. So no ice, no rest and another 10 minutes shuffle clump home. Cudda cried! Put out my bottom lip anyway. Yesterday my knee was much better, again we walked miles. This time it was hubby's foot which hurt. I did not snigger. Not once!
The marathon today, and while in my mind I could run it backwards, in reality, I couldn't run a mile so huge kudos to all those who do, and I will be as near the finish line as I can squeeze myself in to cheer like crazy for those normal guys and gals who are doing it to prove Boston Strong.

Any unmentioned Undies, it is not because you are unmentionables, it is because you have not aired yourselves lately to be noticed, so come out and let us see you. Have a sober Monday and a wonderful sober week my friends.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I joined the class of February thread figured I'd jump in on this one too

72 days and still a moment at a time

Thanks for having me! Have a great Monday!!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Welcome Seeks and AF!
Wow the undies are growing a bit lately!

I have to work this sat so I have today off which is nice being that I'm so tired from playing with the lil ones yesterday. My dog is kinda whining so I think I'm headed to the park in a moment and maybe a Starbucks trip!

So glad to have had a sober Easter and gain another day sober! As long as I stay clean and sober each day I know I'm moving in the right direction!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Seeks and welcome to the Undies, the more the merrier!
BFree you go throw a frisbee for your girl! X
Old 04-21-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Seeks -- I have 77 days so I'm right there with you! Welcome to the Undies!

Boozefree & Babs -- I missed out on congratulating you on your first two weeks. As the Dead said "the first days are the hardest ones".