Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 29

Old 04-16-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

FIX FISHY: *****o on 30 days ! That's a wonderful launch pad to keep going !! Congratulations Sir !!!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

PBC, 7 months is confirmation that getting past 6 months wasn't a fluke Fantastic ! I trust your sobriety is now getting iron cladding and you are moving onto the next phase of your recovery ! Onwards we go !!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Checking in because I'm having an extremely hard time tonight.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

whats happening Renarde?

D
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

You okay, Renarde?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hey, Renarde, what's going on?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hey all, a bit late today. I really need to stop with the late nights !

I am travelling ok which is good for me at this stage. I did a fitness age test and the website said I had age of a 20 year old !!! Hahaha, what a laff !

Renarde, pls post here !

FixFishy, keep it up ! I am delighted you are making good inroads !

Grace, get well soon !

Br00ksie, where are you ? Dont isolate pls

Melina, I see you are lurking around once more!

Have a lovely evening/day all ! Love and thanks to all
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Renarde, hope you're ok!

I'm having a major sweet tooth attack myself....and I'm OUT of low carb ice cream. Frozen yogurt run!!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Blech.....peanut butter frozen yogurt really, really sucks. I went with the "no sugar added" flavor and paid a huge price on taste. That wasn't worth it cuz now I feel sick.

Ok redirect - my contribution is I'm working like a dog. Wait, I have dogs and they never work, in fact they are decidedly lazy. I am working like a farm hand! I am bored with sobriety a little bit and could use some inspiration. I can and have been doing it, but it isn't exactly blowing my socks off with wonderful. I work all day and then come home to my second job...eat, sleep, repeat. Ho hum. Maybe it's my life I need to spice up.

Grace I hope you are feeling better soon.

1step, a fun day with girls is a beautiful gift. I took mine to the beach yesterday and we had a blast!

It's very warm here now and I'm sending warm California sun love to you all. Peace out!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Ok redirect - my contribution is I'm working like a dog. Wait, I have dogs and they never work, in fact they are decidedly lazy. I am working like a farm hand! I am bored with sobriety a little bit and could use some inspiration. I can and have been doing it, but it isn't exactly blowing my socks off with wonderful. I work all day and then come home to my second job...eat, sleep, repeat. Ho hum. Maybe it's my life I need to spice up.
Hey Lillian

I know what it feels like when every day seems the same and you feel like a serf trudging from one day to the next. For me, I believe that feeling comes from projecting forward and having expectations about life. What I mean is that I am not focusing on the present and I have expectations about what life should be like.

To overcome this, I refocus on the present. There is no such thing as days being the same. It is literally impossible. Simply observe how the weather changes from day to day, our interactions with folks, pets. Appreciate what we have now as everything does change.

Secondly, I focus on gratitude to replace expectations. For example, being grateful to watch my children mature and being able to be fully present as their father, being grateful that I am healthy and I have full use of all of my senses.
Most of all, being grateful that I can make a change in my life (ie, being sober) and that the horrible suffering that comes from drinking is not in my life.

Hope that helps
Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hope you are OK renarde x

I am just plodding along too really looking forward to easter holiday going to try and do something constructive not map around :-) I have got a box of flavoured organic chocolate miniatures yummy. If the weather is good (ie not raining lol) will go for a drive to the coast one day and brecon beacons on another day though forecast is not good so my bet it will be cinema.

Hope you all have a great easter xx
Old 04-17-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Lillian, I can so identify, except I don't have a job, but about the samo old, same old feeling. Sigh...

Oh, and Um, Kaneda, where she lives, the weather really is the same everyday, lol!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Thoughtful Thursday~~
~~Your Habits List~~

~Note~
John Dryden wisely wrote, "We first make our habits, and then our habits make us." So adopting new habits begins with a decision--a commitment to take actions that will align with one's values and goals.

~The Habits 2 Cultivate~

Positive habits bring the tremendous rewards of success, joy, and lasting fulfillment. Here are seven habits that I believe are very important for living joyfully and successfully:

Gratitude. . . offering a simple and sincere "Thank you" when someone is helpful or shows a kindness, and offering daily prayers of gratitude for all blessings.

Reliability and trustworthiness. . . taking personal responsibility to keep one's agreements, even if it takes longer than anticipated.

Persistence and tenacity. . taking measured risks, surmounting obstacles, and with patience, completing worthwhile missions that fulfill one's purpose.

Encouragement. . . showing appreciation and support for the talents, dreams, efforts, and accomplishments of others.

Compassion. . . doing what is possible to alleviate human suffering, treating other members of our human family with love, generosity, and forgiveness.

Cooperation. . . welcoming necessary changes, negotiating and resolving differences in ways that achieve common goals, communicate goodwill, show strength of character, and foster supportive alliances.

Continuous learning. . . gaining new skills, recording experiences, and learning from both desirable and undesirable events to create clearer maps for future progress.

Consider the questions below. Your answers will create a valuable "habit list" to review and update from time to time:

~Question~
What habits have consistently brought rewards to your personal life or career? What rewards did they bring? What habits could you adopt today that could have a positive impact on your future? What are the rewards you will expect to receive?

"May your life, today and in the future, be filled with all the rewards that you desire." Steve Brunkhorst
Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Guess what today is?

My 7 Month Sobriety Birthday!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

"Phenomenal accomplishment PBC...Congrats and please continue your "New Normal"
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I am bored with sobriety a little bit and could use some inspiration. I can and have been doing it, but it isn't exactly blowing my socks off with wonderful. I work all day and then come home to my second job...eat, sleep, repeat. Ho hum. Maybe it's my life I need to spice up.
I've been here many a time, I will get a significant amount of sobriety time in and get bored with the routine and figure i could moderate for some excitement and the slippery slope then begins...I found what began working for me was making a list of all the things I want to accomplish goal wise and immerse myself in the process of completing them and finding different things to keep me engaged. For me my music (without alcohol) my fitness regimen, motivational speaking and a couple of new endeavors I've engaged in.

They say that there are no boring people just boring ruts we let our lives become...time to spice it up for you I believe. Find somethings to get passionate about that don't involve alcohol.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hey Lillian

I know what it feels like when every day seems the same and you feel like a serf trudging from one day to the next. For me, I believe that feeling comes from projecting forward and having expectations about life. What I mean is that I am not focusing on the present and I have expectations about what life should be like.

To overcome this, I refocus on the present. There is no such thing as days being the same. It is literally impossible. Simply observe how the weather changes from day to day, our interactions with folks, pets. Appreciate what we have now as everything does change.

Secondly, I focus on gratitude to replace expectations. For example, being grateful to watch my children mature and being able to be fully present as their father, being grateful that I am healthy and I have full use of all of my senses.
Most of all, being grateful that I can make a change in my life (ie, being sober) and that the horrible suffering that comes from drinking is not in my life.

Hope that helps
Well articulated and a very positive way of looking at thing Kaneda
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Congratulations Pbc!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Fantastic Friday Edition~~
~~Celebrate Your Uniqueness~~

~Note~
Having a great, productive week folks, hope you all are doing the same. There have been some major accomplishments this week and again would love to celebrate them and hope they are inspiration to all of us as to what can be accomplished with a vision, support and determination. #Thanks4DaInspiration

~The Friday Feast~

Welcome to the day that you continue to understand that you are a unique being that cannot fit into a box! Today’s feast is dedicated to embracing your uniqueness!!

Of the 7,227,063,054 people living in the world today, there is absolutely not one that can do what you do!! You are a unique being that can have and do anything you put your mind to but in order for that to happen you must believe in that fact! Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out! Too often we see people who give up their gift for this false sense of belonging into a world that tries to shun differences! Be Different! Be Daring! Be You!!

What you can do innately is absolutely impossible for others to duplicate so stop wasting your time on fake competitions trying to outdo those who seem to have a similar path! What’s yours is yours and can never be taken away! Nothing can stop you!! No one can hold you back!! The sooner you understand this, the sooner you will live life to the fullest!!! Do what you do and Never Stop striving!!

As Mandy Hale once eloquently said…. “You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.”-Ash’Cash

~Healthy Snacks~

“As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you – the first time around.”-Oprah

“Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every ounce of your being.”-John Jakes

“You are unique, and if that is not fulfilled, then something has been lost.”-Martha Graham

“Only by owning who and what you are can you step into the fullness of life.”-Oprah

“Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.”-Malcolm Muggeridge

“Initiative is key. Anybody who wants to be somebody is going to work as hard as they can to fulfill that dream.”-Unknown

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”-Tom Bradley
Old 04-18-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hey Lillian

Hope that helps
It helps a whole lot Kane. Thank you - I've read it several times and you are so right.

Rochele is right about the weather here. It is usually the same here - beautiful! And I will be grateful for that today.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
Find somethings to get passionate about that don't involve alcohol.
Yes! Great idea.

I'll have to put some thought into that. I am not usually a hobby kind of gal. I have trouble finding the time because of my work and mom schedule.

I like to write. And I'm thinking about redecorating some rooms here at home.

Hmmmmm...wheels turning. Thank you!