Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 7

Old 04-18-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Torn - and when the AV is really screaming, you can put a couple scoops of ice cream atop the brownie and, if that doesn't quite do it, you can pour hot chocolate atop the ice cream and you can progress to adding M & M's or Nestle's Chocolate Chip morsels.

Happy you chose the brownie, torn.
And on top of all that. . . Top it off with some sugary Easter Peeps!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Leigh - I'd make that your priority.
Pamper yourself a little this weekend

D
Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Soberleigh, I'm so sorry you are feeling sick. We, too, are into the inhalers, as well. Luckily, most has passed and I hope you will be on the upswing soon. I wish I could bring you a bowl of soup, as GF said. I just made some for a sick congregant and wish I could send you some. My husband used to send me "virtual flowers" online back in the frugal grad school days. I'm sending you "virtual soup!"

I'm so sorry about your mother. Losing mine several years ago has caused a different and difficult-to-adjust-to dynamic to our family. I hope your brother comes to his senses and reconnects with you. But, as we all have learned from addiction, the only things we can control are our own actions, not those of others. I know that doesn't make it easier to accept. I think that putting your feelings out there for him is all that you can do.

You are always so supportive and caring to all of us. I appreciate you listening and sharing. I'll be thinking of you and your brother. Hopefully, time will help heal.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Yep the book says no sugar.... I not so much. Icecream, last night at 10:30 pm I had a mcdonalds mcflurry. Cravings as well! Just thought Id share the info... not implying Im following it lol
Old 04-18-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

All I have to say is that my kids won't be getting any of that bag of nerds crunch jelly beans. I'm weak.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SayAnything View Post
Soberleigh, I'm so sorry you are feeling sick. We, too, are into the inhalers, as well. Luckily, most has passed and I hope you will be on the upswing soon. I wish I could bring you a bowl of soup, as GF said. I just made some for a sick congregant and wish I could send you some. My husband used to send me "virtual flowers" online back in the frugal grad school days. I'm sending you "virtual soup!"

I'm so sorry about your mother. Losing mine several years ago has caused a different and difficult-to-adjust-to dynamic to our family. I hope your brother comes to his senses and reconnects with you. But, as we all have learned from addiction, the only things we can control are our own actions, not those of others. I know that doesn't make it easier to accept. I think that putting your feelings out there for him is all that you can do.

You are always so supportive and caring to all of us. I appreciate you listening and sharing. I'll be thinking of you and your brother. Hopefully, time will help heal.
The virtual soup was simply amazing, SayAnything, and miraculous, too; I can feel the healing begin.

I am sorry about your mother, too, SA; sorry that you "know" all that that loss entails. We are never truly to let them "go" no matter how old, how ill ........ After almost 3 years of an excruciatingly painful existence, I was ready for her suffering to end but no longer being able to hold her hand has been difficult.

Blessings to you and all.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

SL- sorry things have been so rough for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I haven't craved sweets TOO much, but there was that one day when I wanted a cupcake! :-) I need to lay off the chips and salsa though!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

Now I need chips and salsa LOL

D
Old 04-18-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
SL- sorry things have been so rough for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I haven't craved sweets TOO much, but there was that one day when I wanted a cupcake! :-) I need to lay off the chips and salsa though!
Thanks, DI. Thanks for the cupcake reminder. When I feel better, I am going to have one or two; good thing that coveted cupcake truck doesn't make sick calls.

Man, I really DO have a problem with sweets.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thanks, DI. Thanks for the cupcake reminder. When I feel better, I am going to have one or two; good thing that coveted cupcake truck doesn't make sick calls. Man, I really DO have a problem with sweets.
I make it a point I eat lots of veggies. A green smoothie in the morning. Lots of raw veggies at lunch. Cooked veggies at dinner.

For what it's worth, though, tonight while my family ate a balanced meal for dinner, I ate a half a plate of raw broccoli, carrots, and cucumbers AND a half a box of raw brownie mix (no egg). I don't want to get salmonella - THAT would be unhealthy - as opposed to a half a box of brownie mix?

I had an uncomfortable day. The sweets may have made it worse, but they seemed like a good idea at the time. And I agree with SoberLeigh, sweets beat alcohol any day of the week!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

SoberLeigh - the Febbie cupcake truck makes house calls!

image-3584917127.jpg
Old 04-18-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post

Attachment 22344
Oh my goodness; that looks amazing, absolutely amazing.

You are totally awesome.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post

Attachment 22344
That is an amazing cupcake and perfectly fitting. Thanks for that Glee.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

And with that my dear sweet friends, I am taking my last inhaler puffs of the day and heading off to bed and have the sweetest of SWEET, SWEET, SWEET dreams.

Thanks, my Febbies.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hope all are well today. Off to the grocery to get food for tomorrow. Mom and I will prepare what we can today. May be meeting a cousin for dinner later.

Parents in a car wreck last night but weren't hurt. Car (less than a year old) may be totaled.

Life is messy!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
Hope all are well today. Off to the grocery to get food for tomorrow. Mom and I will prepare what we can today. May be meeting a cousin for dinner later.

Parents in a car wreck last night but weren't hurt. Car (less than a year old) may be totaled.

Life is messy!
Dear heavens - glad to hear that your parents are okay; that's the most important thing. How are they doing emotionally?

(My daughter's car was a complete loss, also; car was about 3 months old).

Have a good weekend, DI.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Dear heavens - glad to hear that your parents are okay; that's the most important thing. How are they doing emotionally? (My daughter's car was a complete loss, also; car was about 3 months old). Have a good weekend, DI.
Thanks. They are just upset because they liked that car so much!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

DI -- Glad your parents are ok.
SL and Torn -- hope you're feeling better.

I'm in a better frame of mind about my anxiety today. I woke up still feeling anxious. I felt like I was hungover. I was grocery shopping, feeling down about being anxious, when I realized that IF I were hung over, I wouldn't be at the store getting stuff done. I'd be stuck to the couch, sidelined by my anxiety. My self pity transformed to a sense of joy, relief, and pride in my sobriety.

I honestly don't know where I'd be without y'all.

Wishing a sober day to all!
Old 04-19-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Well Day One again. But I'm back.

I read what my new lawyer wrote up and is going to file against my ex husband with contempt charges. Granted he did actually do all of this stuff. Selling a house, remortgaging, running up line of credit. I mean she is asking he be jailed until all this is rectified or he gives information. I cried. I know he did this to his self but I felt bad. I was so pissed at him that he brought it to this point. I know I cant' back down but it made it so real.

One thing I noticed is that I had to force myself to drink. It didn't taste good nor provided the comfort it once did. Maybe that is growth. I felt guilty drinking. I don't think I want to do it again. What do they say- an average of 7 relapses? I hope I don't get that high of a number.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Jenny, the important thing now is to learn what triggered you and put something in place next time it happens, such a huge emotional strain probably gave the AV all the ammo it needed. Well done for coming back, just jump straight back on that wagon.

Hope you're feeling good soon