Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 9

Old 04-19-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Bebetter the diet sounds hardcore! I usually try to avoid bread and have rice cakes instead...but wouldn't want to do it permanently!!

Just watched an intervention doco...I find watching alcoholic docos when I've been thinking about drinking (today) really helps.

Better go to bed, have to get up early to put the Easter eggs in the backyard for the girls Easter egg hunt
Old 04-19-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi ladies!

Hi and welcome, Chickster and overwhelmd!! You will find lots of support and encouragement from all of us Moms/Mums here. We all have a lot in common and are here for one another.

Dolly, so glad to hear all came back fine with your hubby

Lucy, sorry to hear about your husband getting drunk and saying hurtful things to you. Has he apologized? Thinking of you.

Sarah, thanks for asking about me. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant now and, for the most part, am feeling pretty good. I am finding I have most of my energy in the mornings and my 3pm I am completely wiped out and useless. I have my first ultrasound on May 5 so very anxious for that! Just trying to take a day at a time (sound familiar??) with this pregnancy and not worry/look too far ahead. It is hard, though.

I think we are going to start the process of moving out of our townhouse into a single family home. Our plan was to be out of here before our daughter started kindergarten (another year and a half) but it makes sense to do it now. Going to be a stressful undertaking getting this place ready to sell, but I'd rather do it now than when I'm as big as a house. We'll see how it goes. There are at least 6 other townhomes in our development on the market at the moment ...

Busy weekend ahead. Egg hunt today with my daughter and then lots to do since we are hosting Easter dinner here tomorrow. I get so tired of hosting every holiday dinner, but everyone just expects it because no one else has the room or feels like making the effort. At least everyone is bringing something.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend. Hugs to all of you wonderful Mommy's.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

So just arrived at the mother-in-laws for big family Easter and birthday celebrations and am kind of freaking out. I've put on a lot of weight lately and don't have anything to wear that's really appropriate, which will be an issue with the older family, especially my husband's mother as it's her 75th. Choice: wear something I feel ok in but disappoint mother-in-law or wear something 'appropriate' and feel uncomfortable the whole day. The thought of trying to get through this without drinking when there's so much alcohol around is doing my head in at this point. Keep blaming myself for 'letting myself go' and getting so fat and feel they'll all be looking at me in disappointment. How did I get to feeling so low about myself? Ai ai ai...
Old 04-19-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Dolly - I am so glad to hear that your husbands MRI was negative! How is he feeling? Did they ever figure out what was causing his abdominal pain?
Lucy - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I know how happy you were when he was staying sober and what he said was hurtful too. Were you able to talk to him when he sobered up?
Chickster - I found that when I was in the throws of alcoholism I was quite down on myself too. I didn't take very good care of myself either. It just wasn't a priority and I could drink all the bad feelings about myself away anyway. I say go to this function in whatever you're comfortable in.
I'll check in a little later. Kind of crazy here with company and I've been feeling a little irritable. Take care ladies.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Ugh I'm having a challenging day. For the first time in a long time the wine was really singing to me today. My inlaws are staying wit us which is nice, but I'm feeling really irritable, my baby is extra fussy, and my husband is just being a dick. I'm feeling guilty because sometimes I get a little frustrated with my inlaws and they have been super nice and helpful. I never say anything rude but I just feel guilty for feeling it. I
Old 04-19-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay strong everyone - have a great Easter!

D
Old 04-19-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

My Dolly and I just shared a bug ham dinner:-). Hubby is working tonight, and she wanted ham, so got a 7 pounder and glazed it in the oven. Seemed a bit silly cooking such a big ham for just her and I, but I don't care for those little boneless hams. I am thinking we will use leftovers on Monday in some way:-)

Had an egg hunt today for the kids in our town...was like the Kentucky Derby of egg hunts! An entire football field covered in eggs, and in 30 seconds flat the wall of children had every one if them picked up! Lol!

Lady...we are in a townhouse too, and looking to move to a single family next summer ourselves. Good luck with your search!

Chickster...I know exactly how you feel. I was 100 pounds overweight from drinking, and my complexion was bad too. Didn't seem to care about taking care if myself, and avoided mirrors and cameras like the plague! Happy to say in the last year I have lost 103 pounds, and look so much better and healthier! People still come up to me to tell me I look amazing and like a different person. It sure does feel good hearing that, and helps to kept me motivated!

Lulu..I have in laws coming on Monday. Been running around like crazy trying to prep for Easter AND their arrival! At least for this visit I don't have to plan my stash locations. Last time I volunteered to put our daughter to bed each night because I had my own wet bar stashed in my hope chest in our bedroom!

Ah....yes, this is better:-)

Tonight it's up to me to play Easter Bunny with hubby working. Will wait til she is asleep, then fill and hide eggs. Then if course sneak some chocolate for myself to cap off the night.

We'll check back in later tonight girls!

Oh, and thanks Dee! Have a nice Easter yourself!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I can't tell you how much better I feel after all of your kind words! I love you all so very much. There was no talking to him last night even though I tried. He was feeling sorry for himself and drunker than a skunk. I think his traveling really got him started. Hotels! And he goes to Las Vegas of all places next week:-(

He agrees today that he shouldn't be drinking so that's a start. He hates AA meetings... They make him depressed, as they do me. I hope he can go to a site like this. Anyone know any other good websites?

Dolly- So glad your hubby is okay!

Happy Easter:-)
Old 04-19-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Mummies!! Have had a great day so far. Soon heading to a big Easter party where the wine will be flowing. And I can say 100% that I WONT drink!!

Chick, why do you feel you disappoint with what you wear? That's probably not true, but if it is that's horrible of them. I used to be overweight for years, because of the drinking. I've now lost over 25 kilos and feeling fantastic. Losing the weight has really helped with not wanting to drink too...empty calories and all!!

Lady, praying that your scan will be perfect and you'll see a beautiful heart beat. I remember waiting for that first scan it's so stressful...and then the 12 week one! Oh and being dog tired, I remember it being unbareable.

Oh Lucy sounds like such a struggle with hubby I can't imagine trying to stop drinking myself and also helping someone I was close to!! You're doing so well, just keep coming here and venting if you need to xx

Lulu I've had days like that too, I hope you got through ok. Sometimes it feels like wine will make everything better. And I guess it will for a while...til you wake up in the morning!!

Hi to all you other Mummies that I've missed xx
Old 04-19-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

NewStar- one if my biggest motivations too for not drinking is the empty calories. I hated feeling bloated and swollen. I'm glad you are having such a nice Easter! I hope you can stay away from the wine! I've lost 10 pounds. I just hope my hubby can stay sober. He's got to do it for himself not just when he's with me.

Welcome Chickster and overwhelmed! We all get overwhelmed from time to time but have each other!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Babs- my kids are almost 6 years apart. I wish more like 3. But i had 2 miscarriages. They really live separate lives and its hard for my son to conceptualize that his sister is so much younger. When I grew up my brother was only a year and half older. I loved it! He was super outgoing so I rode on his coat tails. I did so many more things than I would have with him around.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

That's the thing isn't it Lucy...he has to do it when he's ready. Everyone does...it took me years to be ready to quit. Definitely no wine for me today, I've always hated drinking during the day so no real temptation!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Happy Easter, moms and mums! I am so glad to be part of this community!!
Old 04-20-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good Morning moms!

Hope everyone has/had a happy Easter. It's a jelly bean breakfast here in our house:-)

Now to get ready to head to the indoor water park and hotel for the day and night.... Should be fun!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Happy Easter everyone! We're in DC staying with my best girlfriend and her family. Their out of town until tonight so we've had some time to relax and get the travel off us. We're having a slow morning no real 'Easter plans' until tomorrow. We're going to a big Easter egg hunt on the mall of sorts. Today, we're catching up on sleep. Baby and I are going to run to my. Vernon and back. I've never been!

It is hard being here and seeing all my friends wine. She has no sort of problem at all. I just remember that I used to be able to (I guess I never was really) drink with her and we'd have fun times.... I guess I thought they were but thinking back on it, I was probably a mess all the time. Nonetheless a fridge and cabinet of wine that's she doesn't feel the need to drink.

I'm so glad you all are enjoying today!! Enjoy the festivities!

Xoxox
Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Oh! And thank you for all the feedback on the second baby... I think we're going to table it for awhile and just enjoy are team of three.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Happy Easter mommies!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Mommas!!!

It's been a jelly bean and chocolate bunny breakfast here too, after pancakes, bacon and eggs
Having my mom and in-laws over later for a ham dinner. 4 weeks sober for me today

Feeling very blessed today and looking forward to a nice day with family. Grateful for this forum and all of you wonderful ladies. Hope you all enjoy a sober and happy Easter!!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,
Crazy day here, but I'm feeling better. I actually did start my pd today so I guess that's why I have been so irritable the past couple of days. When I told my husband he was actually relieved!
I've already started to get our Easter feast ready. I'm making my family's traditional dinner which is ham, deviled eggs, macaroni salad, and funeral potatoes (it's a Utah thing). Then I picked up some carrot cake at the store for dessert. I really enjoy making dinner for people. I like to make dinner for my husband and I love to make big dinners for company. I want to host a big fancy dinner some day like Ina Garten lol.
Anyway, my wine urges are gone today. I think maybe I get urges when I'm under stress and am moody or perhaps it's my hormones... or both. All I know is that yesterday I was feeling really compelled to go to the store, buy a bottle of wine, hide, and drink it somewhere. Luckily my husband went to the grocery store with me, so no problem. My in laws have some wine here, but I haven't been tempted to drink out of their stash. Not enough there for me!
I think I mentioned before how I get a little irritated about how they drink a glass of wine every night and I couldn't figure out why it bothers me. Well, my husband actually told me last night that it irritates him too! So, it isn't just me. They never have more than 2 glasses of wine but they are very insistent on having it every night. In fact, my husband was helping me make dinner the other night and my father in law kept pestering him about finding the wine opener (he keeps it locked up now as if he doesn't know they sell wine bottles with screw off caps now). Maybe it's just a routine of theirs, but I feel a little better that it isn't just me that it bothers. They don't know about my alcoholism either, so I'm sure they wouldn't drink if they knew.
Anyway, I'll be off an on for the rest of the day. Baby is taking a nap and hubby is outside so I'm soaking up this silence right now!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Lulu one glass a night is annoying to me too...guess I don't see the point?! I need atleast 6-7 glasses or more to make it worth it. Spoken like a true alcoholic!

Yay to 4 weeks lady!!

Babs it really baffles me how people can drink wine without an issue makes me jealous too

Easter Monday here. Feeling great today. Gym at 5am and have great plans for the day. Hugs to all.