Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 11

Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hello all, thank you for asking Tam, but no word yet, I am thinking tomorrow (wednesday) at the earliest. they had two rounds of testing, 1 group wed. the other thurs. I am struggling with not dwelling on the results. I have talked to several long time LEO's and they all say the test is not a good indicator of who can do the job and that it needs to be revised or removed completely. Doesn't help me here though.

I think you have me convinced to buy a fit bit, I have looked at them and the Zip is more my price range, and I don't think I need all the extra's the others have, sleep monitor etc. I need to do something, I know if I get moving hubby will also.

Alrighty,,, best get to work,,, sigh...
Old 04-22-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

quiet here with my Decemberites. That's good I guess, means life on the good side has occurred!
Feeling rather adrift, like I need to choose a direction with unseen horizons to start paddling towards. I know that has everything to do with my job application, but still have that castaway feel going.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I feel the same way about work. I'm at a point where I don't feel like I'm learning or I'm challenged, you know?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

yes! I need a beacon to swim to, tired of fighting off sharks and jelly fish.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm so shallow, all I want is Karen O's leather jacket:

Old 04-23-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I love that band!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

how are you with a bedazzler courage?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tazzle, I had to look up that word, that's how I am with one! Hope you have good news soon.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

really was hoping for a letter today,,, sigh. Not to be. Hubby thinks that's a good sign. I hope so, this being "what will be will be" attitude is becoming frayed and losing validation as we speak.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's probably a little too soon to expect mail Taz - but wishing you the best regardless

D
Old 04-24-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Stay strong Taz!

Off to the dermatologist for my son and then the day off! I have to run today, it will be my last run before my sat morning race. Feeling good!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, everyone!

Tazzle, gather up those frayed ends and make them a nice cup of tea. Take a walk. Say a little prayer for a good letter, but then focus on the good that's in your life now.

Tam, you sound very good. I hope you have a great time at the run!

My eye infection has now spread to the other eye. It's very tedious. The best I can say is that I have an excuse to isolate, but even that's getting old
Old 04-24-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

What is going on with your eye courage? What does the doc say?

BTW, the next time I suggest running at noon in Florida... Someone stop me. It isn't the partly cloudy state or even kinda sunny state. Eesh. Lol
Old 04-24-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah have you seen the Dr, snarkbunny?

D
Old 04-24-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Snarkbunny??? that sounds like a term of endearment that makes me cry in the back seat of the car... YOU ALWAYS LOVED HER BEST!!...sniffel,,snuffel.....
Old 04-24-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I love all you kids the same

look under her name Taz - you can call her snarkbunny too

D
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

OH! okay,,sniff feel better now...okay.
still no letter to the good or bad, maybe tomorrow,,,,
Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hey all, quick check in.

Great to see ANZAC Day reflected in your siggy/avatar, Dee. I went to dawn service today, but not the gunfire breakfast.

Much love to all.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all --

Dee -- you're giving me a reputation, letting the Snarkbunny out of the bag! ....Decembrists should be happy that you all haven't seen much of my snarky side. (I hope.)

Tazzle, I hope you get a positive letter soon. In the meantime, any plans for the weekend? Are you planning any camping or fishing trips for the spring?

Tam, watch out for heat stroke! In Arizona, the runners and cyclists do all their stuff in the early early morning and evening hours.

I can't believe my eye problems are being thought of, all over the world! I saw an allergist who thought I had bacterial conjunctivitis, and today I saw an opthalmologist who thinks I had viral conjunctivitis but now have allergic conjunctivitis. Apparently it's more expensive and time-consuming to take cultures and get an accurate diagnosis than it is just to try different lines of treatment and see what works. So having done a worthless 10 day course of antibiotic eye drops, I'm going to start on steroid eye drops tomorrow. Anyway I feel better and (much more important), I look better.

One bit of fun has been wearing big cheapo sunglasses during AA meetings. In a leather coat (underheated church basements), I think I inserted a tiny bit of an edge into usually tame upper east side meetings.

Hey Alice -- just saw your post. How are you?

Ready, Gonzo, and all -- what's going on? I hope all is well.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hello

Am away at the moment visiting my sister who I don't see very often so not been checking in as much.Grabbing the chance to come online before the rest of the house wakes up.

snarkbunny-what is that Please someone explain. How is your eye couage? It sounds very painful and uncomfortable. I hope the docs find out what is causing it and can resolve your pain and discomfort very soon. Picturing you in AA meetings with sunglasses and a raincoat made me laugh so much this morning You will look like a secret agent or famous person in disguise

Tam-how is the running going? Hope all goes well with the race tomorrow. Sending you positive thoughts and wishes. Please let us know how you get on.

Tazzle- hoping you get good news today -fingers crossed for you.I have every confidence in you as you've done so much for this and deserve good news.

Alice -great to hear from you.Happy Anzac day to you and Dee -sorry I'm late to the party.

Napster,Gonzon, Marria, thinking of you all

Am away for the weekend to a health spa-with an old school friend this time so very muchlooking forward to catching up as I've not seen her for 2 years .She drinks but not excessively and any excessive times were probably induced by me anyway. I'm at the stage where others drinking me doesn't concern me and I'm confident in my sobriety not to feel uncomfortable or having to give explanation. Not that she would have any problem with me not drinking but it's just a first really as I was always the big drinker.

Have a great wekeend everyone