Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 15

Old 03-08-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
shock i hope you dont decide to get your bicycle out, a few garbage cans and a board!
This is giving me a good laugh.

Welcome 360. I get a lot from both my Mayans of 2013 thread and this one. The more support the better when I have one of those dangerous days.

Jeni, just one errand here as well. Last night my boyfriend and I stopped by for groceries after going out to dinner. I mentioned my mom used to buy nestle chocolate chips for the recipe for toll house cookies. That ended up turning into us buying all the items and making two and a half dozen spur of the moment.

Already getting excited for next month and the Bryan Ferry concert. Wow how nice to have money to do these things and the knowledge I'll remember it the next day!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Welcome shoes!

Things are going right along over here. We are past the halfway point in our pregnancy. I'm at 24 weeks today.
Finally finalized what I want to do decoration wise in the nursery.
Just a whoooooole lot of stuff to get now. Like. A lot.

My mom is having a baby shower for me on March 22....which I realized last night also happens to be the very date that Derek proposed to me last year. No one even made the connection.

Will be nice to keep that "special" day going.

My grandma already made two baby blankets for Brysen as well. One is a quilt and another is a crocheted blanket.
My mom also made a crocheted blanket.
AND someone off my other support group also crocheted a blanket. So. This child will not be hurting for blankets. =)
Very blessed over here!!

I hope everyone is well. Think of you all often. Xoxox
Old 03-08-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Shoes

D
Old 03-08-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
instant

Hi Shoes! LB great to hear things are going well.

I was thinking today not drinking leads to "being with myself" a lot more, its a full time job.

I said to myself early in recovery I would no longer run from pain and discomfort, it works. I aldo said boredom is natures way of indicating more capacity- while i was drinking my wife built herself a life, and while things are going well in many ways, there is not a lot of space for me.

Not looking for advice or answers, just sharing- there are a lot of positives in my life-
Old 03-09-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats, Shoes! Welcome to "the club"

LB, sounds like things are going good for you.

I made a decision this year to boycott Daylight Saving Time. I'm a morning person, so I don't care about an extra hour of daylight at night. Besides, this way I don't have to worry about moving my clocks back and forth.

Have a great Sunday, overs!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
LDT

Good morning Overs,

Good grief, I will never catch up with all your posts. It's been insane lately......the show I'm co-producing and playing for opens in 2 1/2 weeks and I just can't seem to come up for air lately. It's also piano competition time the same day of the show and I'm teaching over time to get students ready for that. Must remember to B.R.E.A.T.H.E.

Shoes, . Glad you joined our club!

Grace, I've been thinking about you and hubby a lot.

Jeni, how was the homecoming for your son? (I apologize if you already covered that ).

FBL..... Are you really boycotting DST the whole season...Ha Ha.... I love it. You rebel, you!

LB.... I hope you get ( or have already gotten ) a boat load of great baby gifts. I am giving a baby shower next month for my yoga teacher. It won't be your typical shower, though (much to my teacher's relief). I am surprising her with a skit I wrote.... It's a spoof on "pregnant yogis". So far, it's fairly hilarious and completely irreverent.

Gotta run, folks..... Literally. Have a great Monday
Old 03-11-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

LDT, that's awesome!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. As for the "stuff" just love from everyone so far. I'm ok with that. It's an important thing to have.

I wanted to share this morning with you guys.

Mornings like this are still a wonderment to me.

Derek was off work this morning so he followed me around the house (like the cats do hehe) while I got ready for work. He sat with me while I ate breakfast. We talked - about nothing important - but times like that are important. There was no rush of "omg what do we have to do?!" and making plans (we are pregnant and due three months from now). It was just a mostly slow, lazy morning.

Driving to work, the sun wasn't yet peaking out; it was a lovely pre-dawn morning. Jupiter was shining in all it's glory in the partially lit sky down at me. There weren't many cars on the road and I wasn't late today so the drive was relaxed, almost lackadaisical.

It has been one of the most calming mornings of recent memory and the words that popped in my mind were "Peace. Serenity. Elation. Grateful." It was almost a meditative like state and very zen this entire morning.

I am now walking around my entire day with a perma-smile on my face.

This is the stuff that even on my best day while drinking, I would have never had.

It's so much better, folks. Especially the little, mundane things. All of it.
It's so much better. Stick with it.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

LB ~ that is such a beautiful and inspiring post, I want to keep it forever!

I know we don't really know each other yet, but I am just so happy for you and your husband, and I don't think a baby can ever have too many blankets, right???

Hopefully you will get everything else you need at the shower!

You have spread the joy ~ I have a perma-smile now as well!!!

Love to you, and all the overs.

Venus xx
Old 03-11-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
LDT

Great post LB.... I love it when the planets align like that...." easy like Sunday morning".... Sweet. Those days never happened when we were drinking, did they?

"perma-smile"... I love it, May I share my own experience today?

After Yoga class today I was chatting with my friends and packing up. I grabbed my yoga bag and reached in to find my car keys. There was a box in it...with a lovely little necklace.... I thought someone had mistaken my purse for someone else's... I asked if someone had accidentally put the box in my bag. They all said No, my DH's must have. Not possible because it wasn't there before class..... Then it hit me..... My yoga teacher had slipped it in when I was in class. I asked her about it and she said yes, it was her......The necklace was a brass, rustic looking necklace, the pendant in the shape of a sun. Inside the circle of the sun, in tiny print, was hammered out " You are my..." As in " You are my sunshine"... My yoga teacher's friend had made the necklace, and it made her think of me.... Isn't that incredible?

And that's my perma-smile story. Goodnight friends!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

That is beautiful LDT

Love V xx
Old 03-12-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

what a great story LTD
Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

LB & LDT, thanks for sharing those uplifting moments. "Perma-smile"...I love that! I've been wearing one quite often these past 4+ years

Have a great hump-day, overs!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

It's been a "who am I, what am I doing?" kind of month. Figuring out what I want to do with the rest of my life, and realizing that I have to make some decisions, career wise. Can't keep on just floating along waiting for destiny to whisk me away. That hasn't really worked so well for me so far. Career wise. I need to also remind myself that I am in fact a PAID WRITER right now, and how amazing that is, and what it took to get here. Decisions, and hard work. I don't give myself enough credit.

"This is the stuff that even on my best day while drinking, I would have never had."

Yeah. Reality. Real moments of bliss and revelation. So much better than the moments of high oblivion.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

LDT - that's AWESOME! I love it!

IP - I really faced that decision back in February of 2012. It was my "do or die" moment in sobriety. I was so unhappy with my work and really with how much effort I put into my degrees and sacrifice, my work (which at that point wasn't a career) really defined a lot of who I was. When I got the kick in the pants I needed (thank you Mike, RIP), I hunkered down. I sent my resume to five friends of mine who were recruiters/hiring managers, etc. after I fully updated it and tweaked it. I then tweaked it more. And more. And more. At one point, I had ten revisions of that sucker.

I then looked at what I really wanted to do. I honestly still loved the field of chemistry, so I chose to continue down that path. Then, instead of what I did in the past, I was picky about what jobs I applied for. I didn't apply for everything under the sun. I applied for positions I knew my skill set actually fit and wouldn't have to...."creatively improvise" or misconstrue what my past experiences were. This lead to much more relaxed interviews when I finally went for them.

When I finally found a job that fit me (and fit my skill set beautifully), it allowed me to negotiate for higher pay AND more vacation to start. Sure, I had to move - but that was something I had to examine and determine if I wanted to do it. It's been the best decision of my life - second to quitting drinking.

It's really hard to figure out who you are, what you want, what you want to do and then how to go about it. Definitely one of those defining things (for me anyways) in sobriety. I felt like my wings expanded right at that point. It truly becomes a struggle of...."when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change" expressions.

I wish you luck in figuring out what you want to be "when you grow up"...or well in this case, the direction you wish to go in.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lots of great things happening now for folks in this thread - congratulations guys

D
Old 03-13-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I'm reading such wonderful things, like Dee said.

I have a new boyfriend. Its fun, no heavy stuff yet- just trying to do fun things together. We live nearby so lately we've been cooking dinner together. It works great and a lot cheaper than each of us doing food prep for one.

A couple weeks ago an Irishman with a podcast asked me if I'd be interested in doing an interview. We did it through Skype and it went off well. The subject was cults.

My baby Zero came down with a doggie cold, just today did his nose stop running. He's like me always on the go so I wrapped him in his blanket and put him on my lap so he would rest. He's coming out of,it now, but he had mom worried!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad Zeros doing ok Shock - and you too naturally!

D
Old 03-14-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
instant

Happy Fridays Folks!!! a free weekend for me
Old 03-14-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Awesome instant ~ enjoy!! ♥
And happy weekend from me too.

V xx
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 180 (permalink)