Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 4"... Come & encourage them!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Limited time today so I will just say how important all of you are to my sobriety.

Thank you everyone!!! Have a safe and sober day!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Wifi, always good to see you.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I have reassessed my time without meds. Since I did have half a 5mg Norco on Monday morning I am only going to count Tues and Today as clean so that makes 2 full days for me.

Not doing too bad. Neuropathy has subsided, only have mild RLS but have found that an electric blanket helps with that real good and is simpler than running a hot bath for the discomfort every time. Anyhow like I said it's mild for me right now. I'm sleeping well and will very gently begin a taper off the Xanax. Like I said, I don't abuse the Xanax and never have. Have used 1/4 to 1 tablet for anxiety and sleep for several years with no problem, but would like to be completely drug free by my own choice. I want to be very careful about this because in the early days of being off the Norco, if I don't get a good nights sleep, it could be disasterous. In the past couple weeks, I've cut the Xanax dosage from 1 tablet to 3/4 tablet and do switch back and forth the ZQuil night time sleep aid. So anyhow.......like always.......am listening to my body 100% and taking it's cues.

It's good to come here and read about how well everyone is doing. Sorry I don't get as personal back and forth as some of you do, but different strokes for different folks right? I want you all to know that I do read every post along the way. Sweet blessings to all of you.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're doing ok aems

D
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Its obvious i must start writing here because nothing is working for me. I stopped drinking jan 14th 2013. Went 3 days without, drank, went 3 days again and drank and so on. I can make it to 3 days and that is it. So today i am on day 2. I am not drinking tomorow. I need to get healthy. I will check out this forum instead and if i really feel the urge to drink i will find something, anything to entertain myself so i don't.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi need, i can honestly say i would never have gotten this far without this site. I have quit more times than my grandson can count- and he cacount to thirtyteen squillion! You will get encouragement, helpful advice, love and total support. You have taken a brave step writing, this is the only place yet i have beenable to admit my alcoholism, so i rely on this family. I made a promise to myself, that when i got tempted, i would come here first & read the support
So dear heart, lets make it to day four And the next few steps to a new you. And lets not forget congrats on day 2.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Well done Aems, stay strong. To everyone else staystrong, stay sober& i hope to catch up tnite with u all.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Welcome needtostop! Nice to have you posting with us. I agree with Toots...and thirtyteen squillion is a big number! I think in the beginning we need to keep our goals close, so it's good to focus on today, Friday and then the big day 4 on Saturday...just taking it 24 hours at a time. keep posting!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!! I'm Back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0825am -3c windy, snow squalls.

I think it's been a week or so since I was here, but doing well been over 3 months now. Right behind Midnight!!

need - Welcome to the board. You have picked one of the best support groups there is to help you in your journey.

It's very difficult at the start and everyone here will tell you that. But if you keep it up it will become so much easier with every passing day.

The sleepless nights will turn to sleepy dreamland, the agitation will turn to calmness. Your negative thoughts will turn to positive thoughts. You my friend will become a new person.

So please don't give in. The rewards you receive will astound you.

C
Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
glad you're doing ok aems

D
Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Hi need, i can honestly say i would never have gotten this far without this site. I have quit more times than my grandson can count- and he cacount to thirtyteen squillion! You will get encouragement, helpful advice, love and total support. You have taken a brave step writing, this is the only place yet i have beenable to admit my alcoholism, so i rely on this family. I made a promise to myself, that when i got tempted, i would come here first & read the support
So dear heart, lets make it to day four And the next few steps to a new you. And lets not forget congrats on day 2.
Whoa! Thirtyteen squillon! That's a lot.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Mid morning on day 3 where I am. Feeling good, eating healthy. My body is telling me to let go of the Zquil OTC sleep aid now so will do that this week. It's absolutely amazing what information your body will give you if you just pause and listen.

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day and continue to see each day in a new and healthier way. *smooches*
Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Needtostopthis - That sounds exactly like my cycle... Do whatever it takes to get through the day without a drink... If I can do it, so can you...

I'm going through a ton of drama at home with my wife (mostly because of the issues with my son) but I have vowed not to drink over it. I really wanted to go get drunk last night just to "show her" and numb my pain, but I realize by doing that I would have just confirmed to her why perhaps splitting up is the right move.

Many have suggested al-anon so I am thinking of checking out a meeting.

Big "SHOUT OUT" to everyone new and old... I hope your all doing well! Have a safe and sober day everyone!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Stay strong Wifi! We are here for you and with you!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Toots, thank you for the support!

Wifi- Stay strong man! My kid is driving me nuts today and yes it crossed my mind that a drink would be nice but that's why i am here now. I know i can get past today.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Well done need, keep the focus.
I have had the AV weedling at me at the start of today and when I was ignoring that it started trying to bargain with me " Go on, just one bottle, no one will ever know" But do you know what? I knew i could not lie to this group, it has become such a big part of my sobriety. In the end i was virtually driving home with my fingers in my ears lalaing! It didn't shut up when I got home, and I have accessible booze here, but I just kept telling myself that I would feel bad about it in the morning and that i didn't deserve to feel bad as I am a nice person. That, finally is when it quit. Booze steals our self respect and makes us feel worthless, it also makes us feel that others expect us to fall back on it. But, start clawing back your self respect, self love and feelings of self worth, and suddenly that voice has to go looking for a no hoper it can manipulate! I came close today, but being here stopped me.
Aems well done
Wifi, strength bro
Tazzle, nice to hear from you
Benice, soberjim, everyone else, keep well keep strong, and keep propping me up!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Positive affirmations everybody! Repeat after me now......

I want sobriety more than anything else in my life.

Go on now, you say it.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wifi View Post

I really wanted to go get drunk last night just to "show her" and numb my pain.
Ahhhhh, the voice of stinkin' thinkin'. Yes, I have heard this voice in the past myself. Drinking won't show her nothin' good, that's for sure and you will suffer dearly the next day if you try to numb your pain with alcohol. Feel the pain and work thru it. You can do it! It's amazing how much better we get at managing the pain the more sober we become.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Well done need, keep the focus.
I have had the AV weedling at me at the start of today and when I was ignoring that it started trying to bargain with me " Go on, just one bottle, no one will ever know" But do you know what? I knew i could not lie to this group, it has become such a big part of my sobriety. In the end i was virtually driving home with my fingers in my ears lalaing! It didn't shut up when I got home, and I have accessible booze here, but I just kept telling myself that I would feel bad about it in the morning and that i didn't deserve to feel bad as I am a nice person. That, finally is when it quit. Booze steals our self respect and makes us feel worthless, it also makes us feel that others expect us to fall back on it. But, start clawing back your self respect, self love and feelings of self worth, and suddenly that voice has to go looking for a no hoper it can manipulate! I came close today, but being here stopped me.
Aems well done
Wifi, strength bro
Tazzle, nice to hear from you
Benice, soberjim, everyone else, keep well keep strong, and keep propping me up!!!
Oh honey, you had a rough moment with the AV but you did good. You did REAL good. I'm so proud of you!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rage-them.html

D