Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hi again, all done for the night now. All quiet here. I hope you've all had a good day/night.

Hi Nicky, Thank you for the congrats and the kind words, much appreciated. That mammoth F.P posted was really funny wasn't it? Oh and no I'm not a Taurean, I'm a Leo.

Hi again OLL, are you in the U.K? I couldn't do any form of exercise in a morning before work, I really struggle on these dark, cold mornings, it takes an hour for my face to set at my age. I try and do my walking stints at weekends, I do go for brisk short walks in my lunch break at work, weather permitting. I hate working these three long days, it's getting dark now when I go to work, dark when I leave work. So miserable.

With that I'll see you all tomorrow, hopefully.

Be careful out there.

Night night/ good day
Old 11-06-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi Neverthought. Hope you're joining us, you'd be very welcome.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Afternoon/evening Undies

Grace: it will be nice if the heat gets fixed soon, the hot cocoa sounds yum!

OLL: I'm with you, it's all good today!

Nicky: You and Grace are all go! If you have a bit of time off tomorrow, do something just for you.

Neverthought: Yes, join us! Welcome

Exercise in the morning, hmm, I have to be honest, it's not happening for me yet!

Have nice evening, and sleep well tonight Undies
Bloss
Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

08.55 Bottom of the hill for me in work!

Morning all, it's a bit warmer this morning 10c, but still cold in work. some of us have bought fleecy blankets in and water bottles as a protest!! I've got my little one's Thomas the Tank fleece, that will look very professional and smart when our visitors are shown round! Lol.

Urrgh yuck, I saw my first Christmas tree up last night with all the regalia, in the window of an apartment as I was driving home from work. Far, far too early!

Hi Bloss, hope you're well, not much time for 'me time' today, might fit a brisk walk in at lunch time, weather permitting, that's my ('me time!)

Anyway, one of my colleagues is 40 today, so I just need to nip over with a card and a gift, so see you all later.

Stay safe and sober

Just for today I will appreciate the beautiful colours of the sunset
Old 11-07-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Congratulations on your 80 days, Grace! Awesome, awesome, awesome job on the sober front, girlfriend!!!

Our sober mate, HitRock, has 180 days today! Six months milestone, woo hoo! I posted a special elephant in our May 2012 class for you, my friend.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hi,

Is it ok to join late? I've been sober since May just never checked out this thread. I'll try to catch up in my spare time (Ha!). Anyway, hope you all have a great sober day.

jennikate
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Aw thanks for those kind words F.P, much appreciated girlfriend indeed!

Hitrock 180 days is totalling amazing. A massive well done to you. I'll have to go and have a nosy at the Eli.

Hi Jennikate, lovely to have you here, theres a good, supportive group here. Welcome and sober since May is fantastic, can't wait till I get that far!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jennikate View Post
Hi,

Is it ok to join late? I've been sober since May just never checked out this thread. I'll try to catch up in my spare time (Ha!). Anyway, hope you all have a great sober day.

jennikate
Of course it is Jenni, great to have you here. Congratualtions on your soberiety.

bloss being too busy is one of the things in my life I'd love to change. Gradually trying but it all seems to catch up with me again. Just as well I enjoy being busy......lol

Grace haha can just picture you in your Thomas the Tank fleesce.

HRB HUGE Congratualtions on your 6 months milestone. Amazing, be proud!

Gotta go and pick up the wee one from school, then TKD and finally work.

Have a great day/night Undies.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey Nicky it's a large fleece blanket thing that I cover the little on up with if he has a nap on the settee or sometimes I wrap it round his legs in the car if it is cold. It's round my shoulders at the minute, my friend sitting next to me has a huge leopard skin one wrapped round her, the lady oposite me has a plain blue one and the girl next to her has a brown one with like a fur trim!! We look like a bunch of refugees!! Ha ah ha.

See you soon.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Morning, afternoon, evening Undies...

I'm never sure what time it is where everyone is so I try to cover it all...I voted yesterday, and the line was not bad at all. I did go earlier so that is probably the reason. I think the weather is finally going to cool off here, we have had record high temps this year. Seems like we will go straight from 80 something today down to high 50's and low 60's. Summers in the valley are hot, hot, 100 degrees plus. If we get our appointments complete we may visit the coast this weekend. We missed the weekend we usually go due to a class my spouse had to complete.

Grace: The stores here start Christmas before Halloween is over (too early). Sounds like your group is dressed warmly and it would be fun to walk in and see everyone's colorful wraps...

Nicky: have a good day at work and hug the wee one...

HitRockBottom: congratulations on 180 days...

Jennikate: welcome to the the Undies Group...

FrenchPink: your elephants keep getting better and better...

Happy Wednesday everyone...

Bloss
Old 11-07-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Hi again OLL, are you in the U.K?
Nope, US here. But it is coooooooold!!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

I am NOT ready for Christmas! Feels far too early for me. Unfortunately I've never had a great track record at Christmas time. I've always managed to keep it together to set up the kids presants from Santa, seeing them open them, then end up an ugly mess mid way through cooking dinner. Heartbreaking to say that my eldest daughter has never seen the best of her mum at her birthday which is Boxing Day.

This year WILL be different!

Geez I can't believe I've shared all that, quite painful to remember.

bloss Gave my wee one a huge hug Wish we could get just a glimmer of your weather, even our summers are horrible now.

Grace I wish I was a fly on the wall at your work today........hahaha

Hope everyone has had a pleasant Wednesday. My highlight of the day had to be helping out at my kids school. Lifts the spirits no end.

Take care and catch you all soon.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Nicky: It does lighten the load to share and my sons (both grown up) had experience seeing me drinking. They know I'm not drinking and I have made ammends to both of them. Won't it be nice to let your children see their mom this year, with nary a drop of alcohol.
Bloss
Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Just popped in to bid you all good night,

Hi Bloss, well you got your voting all done then, bet you're glad that's out of the way now.
I'd be happy with high 50's and low 60's and you are so lucky to be able to just go to the coast.
The stores here start Christmas well before Halloween, usually around mid September, but I just think the beginning of November is far too early to have a Christmas tree up in your house! That's me anyway, Bah humbug!

To all you other Undies, I hope you have stayed safe and sober and had a good day/night.

See you all tomorrow.

Sleep well.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Night Grace: You are right, CA people don't do well with the cold, unless you're up in the mountains. I do love the chance to go over to the coast. We're planning on retiring there full time in a few years, if we manage our finances. Hard in our economy, but we are trying really hard to not over-spend. Good dreams...
Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Whoops back again, I seem to have missed a few posts here. Blonde moment!

Oll, sorry it's cold, but it really does make me feel better when someone else is having a bit of cold too. lol. x

Nicky, I love your new Avatar. I've not even started thinking about Christmas yet, I'm not a bit organised this year, I'll have to make a start soon though, I may write a list at weekend, just may! Oh and I can really, really relate to your Christmas days. We always have my mother outlaw for Christmas Dinner and she lives in the next town, so my other half always drove over to get her about 11 ish and by the time they got back I'd be half sloshed and talking gobbledy ****. Actually last Christmas I wasn't drinking and it was a million times better , but the previous years, well, the less said the better! I certainly wont be drinking this Christmas.

What a lovely plan for retirement Bloss, I hope it works out for you. Things are bad here too economy wise.

Anyway I really am going now.

Going, going, gone!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Welcome Jennikata!

Congratulations Grace on 80 days I love reading your positive and uplifting posts.

My friend HRB - 180 days That must feel terrific One half a year sober7 You have been a source of great inspiration and loving support.

It's pretty cold here too. Just drinking a cup of nice warm chamomille tea and settling in for a nice night. Wishing everyone a serene and sober evening
Old 11-07-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Congrats Grace, you are doing great. You are a special person to many of us here.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

08.55 Thur

Good morning to my special Undies

I hope you've all had a good night/day. I'm feeling extra happy this morning, I've received a p.m from someone special here, you know who your are!! AND I'm home alone, all day! Woo hoo, mega woo hoo! The little g.son is at nursery today and my lovely daughter's partner is off work today so I don't have any school runs. My God, this doesn't happen often. I feel blessed! I don't want to waste this day, so after I've done all my posting, I'm going to go, go. go! The weather seems quite mild this morning though it looks like it's going to pour down, so maybe a spot more tidying the garden, I will probably take my mum to do a bit of shopping at some point, a bit of cleaning up etc, etc.
Anyway, enough of the parroting.

Hi Tanja, thank you so much for the congratulations and kind words, How's things with you today and how are your gorgeous furbabies doing

Good morning Matthew, I am so glad to see you here posting. You have a good day, o.k!

Catch up again at some point, I'm sure.

Just for today I will be grateful for one more day that was undeserved, one more day that was lived to the full, one more day to love and be loved, one more day to be me
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hi Grace!

So glad to hear that you have a day off The fur babies certainly keep me busy! The crazy insomnia continues. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. this morning. I felt awake and then I heard my 17 year old cat meowing loudly (despite wearing ear plugs). The only plans I have for the day are to try and rest up, exercise and get ready for my service position at a speakers meeting tonight.

Hope everyone has a good day!