Class Of January 2012 Part 6

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

carry on the good work guys

D
Old 05-01-2012, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hey we are in May now, we must seem like Big School to the newbies!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mayday ! Demo London today, should be fun. 110 days today, and I feel normal Not great not bad , but just normal . More Heavy rain last night, in fact it most have been a mega downpour as garden is like a large swamp. Watched a couple of those A & E hospital programmes past few days, you really see the problems alcohell is causing and how much resource and time is spent dealing with drunks and alcohell related violence etc, yet its advertised everywhere, on Tv in all the soaps every night etc . Facebook and my twitter feed same old Bs people talking about getting drunk or being hungover , to think I was actually like one of these brainwashed fools not so long ago. I really am never ever going back to that life, I really am outside the bubble looking in at everyone getting wasted and wasting their lives. Have a great week to you all !
Old 05-01-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy your MayDay DD

D
Old 05-01-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

May already. Unreal, eh? Had another round of severe storms here up until about 2 hours ago. So amazing to go from thunder, lightening, wind and rain to utter calm and chirping birds in a matter of moments. Kind of like us on our journey - complete chaos one moment and then normalcy in what seems to be little more than the blink of an eye. As my friend Bob Carpenter sings so eloquently, "If we're ever gonna see a rainbow, we have to stand a little rain." XOXO T
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

So i turn 24 in 2 days.....i never thought i'd be an alcoholic at this age. Silly me. lol
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aww to be 24 again, only if I can take what I know now with me ... Happy early birthday Flyer! 2
Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by FlyerFan View Post
So i turn 24 in 2 days.....i never thought i'd be an alcoholic at this age. Silly me. lol
You're smarter than me - it took me 23 years longer than you to realize it was a problem for me!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
So it goes

Add another 5 for me! to (PC that is)
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So yesterday was 3 months for me. Now on day 2 of quitting cigarettes Seemed like a nice gift to myself to quit that poison too for making it to 3 months!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by Lotrus View Post
So yesterday was 3 months for me. Now on day 2 of quitting cigarettes Seemed like a nice gift to myself to quit that poison too for making it to 3 months!
awesome. i made a deal with my friend that for every day he goes without a cigarette I will call someoneo on my AA phone list because it terrifies me, lol. So far he is going on 2 weeks and Im becoming more and more social.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

hey DD, I too am acutely aware of way too many folks advertising their drunkenness (sp?)
Hate to say it, but I'm starting to get very annoyed by it, lol. Not that I feel like I'm missing out on anything, more like I just wish the world was a little less obsessed with alcohol. No love lost there!
@ Flyerfan, be thankful you are so far ahead of some of us...it took me 51 years to finally have my AHA! moment...really wish I knew of my disease so many years ago. You have the best years of your life to look forward to! Happy (soon to be) Birthday!
Wish everyone a sober and happy start to May! This marks 4 months for me, woo hoo
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lotrus, good for you on 90 days & quitting smoking!
I quit smoking at about 3 months & haven't had a cig in over 3 weeks. Cravings are gone. I Forget I even smoked except for the stale smoke smell in my vehicle. Yuck! Lots of air fresheners & it's slowly dissipating.
Don't give up! Those first 10 days are hard. But then easy peasy lemon squeezy
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
So it goes

Originally Posted by faceitandfixit View Post
hey DD, I too am acutely aware of way too many folks advertising their drunkenness
I know what you mean face , I was in TKMaxx yesterday, and on the queue for the tills, there was on sale a memo pad, it was a joke one, on which you were supposed to write things you had done to a person whilst they were unconscious and drunk. I mean wtf??

Well done to PCL and FF on quitting the ciggies.

One nice thing about sober for me, is light mornings, 520 am here and it is light, when I was drinking, I hated them, I think I thought darkness gave me cover for drinking, and dark is pessimism.

Now I love the light shining through my windows. I am not overlooked so I sleep with the curtains open and it looks a lovely day

Well not pouring with rain, like every day in April
Old 05-02-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Must admit Billy mornings and light are superb, to think for decades we have missed out on such simple pleasures. Onwards and upwards !
Old 05-02-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey class

Nice to be on level 6 of our postings now :-) Congrats to you all on days and not smoking and all these grand things. I would love to get to the smoking thing as well...soon, very soon. Am having a few funky days now, do not know what is wrong with me but I am just in a foul state and not really in the mood to do anything about it. Am even working (not really) from home so I do not have to sit by my computer in the office and pretend to be working.... Hmmmm, not much fun really. This to shall pass I guess and I go between berating myself for being such a lazy thing and trying to be kind to myself realizing that this whole process is pretty emotional and I am allowed a bad day or 2 at times...

Anyway, hope this fog will lift soon and I can go back to enjoying life!

Hope you all have a lovely day
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
So it goes

Originally Posted by DarkDays View Post
Must admit Billy mornings and light are superb, to think for decades we have missed out on such simple pleasures. Onwards and upwards !
Hey DD you may have to change your name to BrightDays!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim View Post
Hey DD you may have to change your name to BrightDays!!!
Maybe Have a good day !
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Limbo don't let the funk get to you. I read that the body changes every 30 days. Makes a lot of sense, actually. We are all recovering from some serious mis-use. Takes a bit of time to get back to being steady. Cool thing is we are all "at the party" and dealing with everything sober and sanely. Love and hugs, T
Old 05-02-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sad for my family today, I got a call this morning that my little cousin house burnt down, grateful he made it out okay. He lost everything but he his safe which is the main thing but I'm sure he his feeling devastated ....I'll check in with you guys later. Have a good wednesday.