Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 10

Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!
Monster run over and done! 32 km in 2 hours 35 minutes. Felt really good throughout...starting to feel confident about the marathon and starting to think I might be able to do it in 3:30 - fingers crossed, knock on wood, blah blah blah.

Hope everyone is feeling good and strong!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Back from my first AA meeting and I certainly understand how these meetings help folk stop drinking. Because after a 1 hour meeting you could very well die of of smoke inhalation and drinking is not a problem then. I will try again but need to find a non smoking venue. Wow that was brutal.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Good to see you BBF and Pumpkin min! And Bee - take care of yourself please!!! You are working so much!!

Wow this weekend FLEW by. Played lots of tennis and went to the gym too - saw Moneyball (I enjoyed it and I don't know much about baseball) and am dead tired now. Besides Friday night at dinner I didn't really think about drinking OR smoking. And I didn't even have a nicorette today so that's great news too!! I have a friend that quit smoking 3 years ago and is now addicted to the nicorettes. I don't want that either.

How did your meeting go, Stream?

TP you are a maniac with that time goal. WOW!!!

Good to see you instant - good luck with your fence.

hugs to everyone.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Nothing against AA but my meeting was not pleasant. Unfortunately I don't have clue what they were talking about. I just wanted to stop, drop and roll. Then crawl out of there. Bloomin' eck.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry your meeting wasn't great SW - are you going to try another?

D
Old 09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Dee - Yes, but I hope to find a non smoking meeting. The smoke was difficult, not the message.

From page 8;

Back from my first AA meeting and I certainly understand how these meetings help folk stop drinking. Because after a 1 hour meeting you could very well die of of smoke inhalation and drinking is not a problem then. I will try again but need to find a non smoking venue. Wow that was brutal.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries - I'd hate the smoke too.

I read a lot of threads - sorry I missed that

D
Old 09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Paddy - I hope it will be a sober Monday morning when you read this. Tell me some good news, buddy. Lets push on to double digits of sobriety together. Its right there in front of you. Can't you see it? Can't you smell it? Don't you want it? Talk to me Paddy. Ten days of sobriety, right there in front of us. Lets get it.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hello my friends,

Looks like lots has been happening since I went on a little break. I was still posting in the gratitude section and the Newbie bus (for laughter) to keep my mind in focus. I will say I’ve slipped and more than once. The past month was a rough one, not meaning overindulging, but just my mindset. But, I’m back on track. Good news is, my hubby has not had anything since he quit. So, he is understanding and very supportive.

I’ve reset my clock, and was going to use yesterday as Day 1, but today was my Mom’s birthday, and what better way to celebrate her 73rd birthday, but by doing something that makes me smile. Granted, having her over for dinner and cake was enough to make me smile. I will say I was definitely in a downtime, and that will happen. But, coming out of it learning something is the key.

Classical – you hit 100 while I was gone – that’s awesome. Sounds like your success is on its way.

Bratnik – smokes and drinking. You are on fire – good for you!!!

TP- as always some fabulous pictures. They just make me smile when I see them. I’m going to treat myself to a new camera here shortly. With all the money I haven’t spent on booze since June….I don’t have too much more to go to get that camera body. And Run, Forest, Run!!!!

Pumpkin – you put a post about buying your booze at different stores and breaking up how you did it so it didn’t look so obvious how much you were consuming. That’s another trick that we all think we were so sneaky at. I had five places I could go, and I still was “embarrassed” when I’d go in, as I’d think they were looking going “here she is again”. Glad to not do that any more.

Squishy – nice to see you on the thread. I can’t remember when or if your surgery took place yet. Either way, I hope everything goes well.

Bee – you make me tired…you are a busy gal! Nice to see you poking around on the thread! And bad hair day – I have them every day. Thin, fine hair…that just wants to keep falling out. Do they have a hair club for women? I could be their president.

Paddy – you are a trooper. You have a bad day, but you come back full steam ahead. I’m glad you stay a part of this family. You are needed here.

Blackbird – sweetie. I miss you, and I want you to feel good about yourself. Why do we have to do this to ourselves? Beat ourselves up over things we shouldn’t. Remember…you are a beautiful woman, with beautiful children, and you make a difference in the lives of others. I’m so glad your family is helping you out. Now stick to it – you will only get stronger. Just focus on that. Work on finding some inner peace that you need to get you motivated to move on to the next step. You are like my little sister I never had. It sounds like you are taking steps in the right direction. Stay strong – YOU CAN DO THIS. There’s no “Can’t” here.

Streamwader – you sound like you are taking some major steps to get things under control. I hope avoiding some situations will help calm things. I also think every one has to find what works for them to find peace, balance in their lives. Whether, it’s AA, or a group of friends, or a social group of some kind. But, I truly can see how important community is in what we all are facing.

I’ve been reading the daily meditation “24 hours a day”, and I’m really enjoying it. It’s based on the teachings in AA, and I can see it bringing me back in alignment with that part of my life. I also bought “A Woman’s Way through the Twelve Steps”. It seems like it will be a good read, as the 12 steps were written back in the 30’s by a man for men, as women drinking in that generation was a no-no. So, it’s not a feminist thing, more than women’s experiences that are unique and how we approach our addiction. I’m anxious to get more into it as it’s very interesting so far. Plus the “12 stupid things that mess up recovery”. Instant – wasn’t it you that bought it? I’m losing track…or losing my mind. Any way….I’m looking forward to that one as well.

So, I missed every one. I felt kind of lost, but at the same time knew I needed a little time to regroup. I’d check on you all and make sure things were okay.

Dee – again, you are a wonderful moderator and you are a very important part of our group.

Lastly, the little grandbaby is doing well. He may even be going home this week. And he is a little cutie-pie.

A good day today. Hopefully, more of them to come. But, life is truly a roller coaster. Ups and downs, valleys, and dips, bumps, and newly paved roads. It’s truly a trip, isn’t it?

Hugs and love to every one.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad too see you Beulah - I hope your downtime is over too...like you say there's a heck of a lot in our lives to make us smile without drinking

D
Old 09-25-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Nice to see you too Buelah!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
instant

I had a drinking dream last night. I was wandering around with a bottle of red wine looking for a corkscrew, I woke up after I looked down and it was a screw cap (ie cheaper wine that does not need a corkscrew). I recall my father in law was in my dream. We used to have sessions when we were at the family holiday house in summer. He nearly died 18 months ago, and needed a major operation so the drinking has tapered majorly for him. I had an "Oh no" moment when I woke up which seems to be a common response of people having drinking dreams in recovery.

I have knocked back a dinner party engagement with a couple who really like a drop. We are going to have lunch together instead which will be much easier to handle.

I have now not drunk for 19 weeks. This is the second longest period in my life of sobriety. I know I should be focusing on one day at a time, but my all time record of 6 months sobriety keeps attracting my attention.

Stream if you have not done so I do recommend the Big Book (free online) if you make allowances for the dated language and style it is an easy read, and makes a lot of sense and helped me start thinking about what was happening in my life.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the dream didn't shake you too much Instant - they are pretty common.

I chose to treat them just like any other dream - bit of a spin out, but not necessarily any deep meaning attached - more a memory of a former life working its way to the surface

D
Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone! Hi Instant and Dee! Happy Monday!

Just wanted to jump in and say Hello before I start the day. Have to be brief though, don't want to be late.

Thank you for the shout-outs, ladies! I wound up putting in around 65 hours this week. I am really tired, but relieved to be almost caught up to current after being away from the desk all summer. ... My hair is still a mess! I wore a cap all day yesterday. ... Buelah - my hair falls out like crazy too. My mom always says she's suprised I have any left in my head! I bleached it blonde last month so now it breaks off too ... Joy ... I do like it though, (although I've yet to see the 'more fun' kick in yet )

It's really been great to see so many Juners posting again the last few days! I'm glad so many are going strong again!
Love to All!
B

Last edited by Bee2011; 09-26-2011 at 02:58 AM. Reason: To say Hi to Dee too :)
Old 09-26-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Checking in to say..... shoot. I need help.

I will be thinking today. Thinking hard. I don't feel good and don't want to feel like this anymore

Hope to be joining the Juners again, and regularly. I really really REALLY want to. Right now that is..... we will see what I am thinking later though

I have been reading the thread. And I cannot comment to everyone, but I am thankful for all that are here. You are a blessing.

OK, well, I will try harder this time. I have to, or I don't know what will happen. I am back and will check in later.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Morning day 6. I have a sore throat and a fever. So just checking in. Going to be horizontal for I while. love y'all.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

wiggle. You can do it. Count the days. It will become your badge of honor and you won't want to destroy it. We are here for you. One day at a time sweetheart.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

did you find a NS meeting to attend stream? I was supposed to go but let my anxiety win. I will definately go after I'm all medicated.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

You guys just made me feel a little better. Would be tearing up if I wasn't at work. Thanks bunches.

I think I will count days.
I never believed in that before.

But I am not saying today is 1 until tonight. I can say today is 1 all day long woop woop woop but tonight is the real struggle. I will call it "day 1" at 10:00 pm when I go to bed sober.

K. I feel like I have a plan. Go to bed DRY. Completely dry. I do not get to say day 1 until then.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

You guys just made me feel a little better. Would be tearing up if I wasn't at work. Thanks bunches.

I think I will count days.
I never believed in that before.

But I am not saying today is 1 until tonight. I can say today is 1 all day long woop woop woop but tonight is the real struggle. I will call it "day 1" at 10:00 pm when I go to bed sober.

K. I feel like I have a plan. Go to bed DRY. Completely dry. I do not get to say day 1 until then.