Notices

Class Of July 2011 pt 3

Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hi ER! I was wondering where you have been. Hey did you go to the doc yet about being tired and stuff?

Anyway, in my opinion that glass of champagne is being romanticized here. Just like the few who have recently had a drink.......it was not as good as the IDEA of it was. I too discovered this back in May. I am sorry I took that first glass of champagne......I really hope you think this one through my friend.......and nice job on the camping, I too just went through that.....all the fires and people sitting around drinking. It's a tough pill to swallow........until you remember how good you feel and how they won't the next day.

Remember those tears of joy you spoke of? For no reason, just because? You being so happy and content with your life? That goes out the window.

OK.........stepping down from my soapbox now.....
Old 08-24-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great advice here ER

You can start new traditions - new rituals - ones that are not unhealthy and destructive for you.

No-one wants to be an alcoholic - noone wants to accept that drinking needs to be behind us...but we need to accept it.

As time goes on you'll see it's not a loss - it's a gain. I promise

Forget what others say - you know the truth about your drinking and what it does to you.

D
Old 08-24-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Ceneri.... I got it The name explains everything now :rotfxko Good job getting back up!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

hi everyone!

i am so sorry i have been mia lately. i am trying to get in my groove with kids back in school, shuttling them around, & finding time for myself

everyone is doing so amazing, i am so proud of you all!!

i am still holding on & have my 46 days today, & my 18 days no smoking (gotta count that too)

i have been having a couple of rough days lately & just keep thinking about how i can never drink again. why does it have to be so hard & why do i associate so many things with drinking. football is coming up, holidays, birthdays, so pathetic ugh. i just wish i had never taken myself down this path. why can't i be "normal" like everyone else?

sorry for my pity party, it does feel good to get that off my chest though

i will be back in the a.m. for personals.
take care everyone!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

rae:

Congratulations, on your 45 days off booze and 18 days off cigarettes. These are great accomplishments and it is not easy to do both. On every clean day a nail is driven in the alcohol and nicotine coffin. I quit cigarettes last year and I don't count days anymore. Won't it be nice when we don't count days off the booze?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratualtions on 30 days Stuart
good to see you too Ceneri

D
Old 08-25-2011, 02:01 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Keeping it real still.

Thinking forward to the half marathon next Sunday on how I'll feel with 2 full months behind me and my 2nd half marathon finish.

Prettay, prettay, prettay good I'd say!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Rae . . . great job givng up the drink and the cigarettes. I did both (just not at the same time - decades apart: )

EIAS - we're all rooting for you at the 1/2 marathon.

Today . . .another day sober. Not doing too well though. My wife was my biggest reason to stop drinking and since then, has proven to be my biggest reason to go back to drinking. I guess my stopping has been too little too late for her. But then again, there were always other issues. Sorry to babble. I won't pick up today regardless of what happens with her. Be well all.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
noone wants to accept that drinking needs to be behind us
I do.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Good morning. Nice to see you Rae!! Quitting both things...wow. You are going to be a self-made millionaire before you know it!

Stuart, keep that thought of not picking up...it will solve absolutely nothing...it will make things worse. You will get through this, no matter how it all turns out. Be true to yourself.

Elv, how exciting with the marathon!! What kind of things go through your head when you are running? Are you making a shopping list, thinking about life in general or hearing you body scream at you asking why you are torturing it? hahaha

Well I was checking my email this morning and saw that my laptop is arriving today! Woo Hoo! I am excited! Now to set it up......

Have a good day peeps and keep racking up those days!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Hey Rae happy 45, I am with you on that one, who'd have ever thought eh? Brilliant 18 on the ciggies too!

Elvis you are a legend! A health freak to boot, wow do you recognise yourself nowadays, you have come such a long way, even since the first few posts on SR. Still jealous of your repulsion of the beast, my beast trys to seduce me with imaginery beer goggles, especially on camping trips!!

Thanks everyone for helping me sort out my head and VC you can get on your soap box anytime.

If the camping wasnt enough of a challenge, I have a wedding this weekend, eeeeek real life has to go on but its being thrown at me at such a pace right now. Next weekend I am away on a 2 week holiday, camping in Africa It will be an incredible trip but talk about deep ends and being dropped! And no SR

Anyone else think the weeks are just flying by, Thursday already, I do wonder how I managed to dedicate all that drinking time and keep everything afloat at the same time. Its only social functions or trips that test me I honestly done give a drink a second thought at home, not even when my husband has a bottle of wine open in front of me.

Ceneri I love the thing with your name, very original, I I had done that I would be Tharobed! lol

Docs tomorrow morning, I will let you know how I get on but I suspect I will only be directed to make another appt for a blood test, still the wheels are in motion and there is definitely something not right as I still feel like a space cadet and could fall asleep on a clothes line.

Loving everyone's updates, this is a brilliant group and what I love too is the sense of humour that has emerged through all of our difficult journey's. Its to serious to be taken seriously or something like that.

Happy sober Thursday EVERYONE!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

StuP you are not babbling at all, when we are in our alcoholic fog we can kid ourselves that problems are not that big or real. The clarity of sobriety allows us to see things in our lives properly for the first time in a long time as well as uncover a few we were just too removed from to notice.

I hope you and your wife work it out and dont let it steer you off your path, you know going back to drinking would solve nothing at all.

Well done so far and its great having you in the group.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

VC - I don't think about anything when I'm running. I just switch off totally and just get all of that pent up nonsense that's inside, out.

ER - I'm not a health freak I had 2 Toblerones for breakfast and am having an Aero Mousse for supper. I'm of the belief that vegetables give you heart attacks. Every time I see a plate of them in front of me I feel like my heart is gonna **** itself out of despair.

I haven't really had any challenges yet. I'm out for dinner tonight and if anyone asks why I'm not drinking I will tell them that I'm teetotal. If anyone tries to spike my drink I will be happy to smother them with my own clothes without speaking a word.

I'm going to my local straight after work where I'll drink orange. I'll do nothing different other than just not drink. I will bring a book and sit in the corner and actually enjoy the bars ambience.

Gonna read more of Dry tonight. Finally back on track with running this week. 18 miles out of 40 ran. 4 more tomorrow, 6 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday and it will have been a very good week.

Next Friday will be Day 61. Amazing. Not stopping now. Not drinking ever again. HAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA.

It feels very good.

I still don't feel sober either. Someone from another department walked in on me trudging around the room doing some kind of tribal dance. I can't remember for why. I get fits of pure clarity where I think the Universe is trying to eat my brain with a black hole.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Hey guys, just checking in, nothing really new here. Still not drinking, doin' fine.

I am feeling a little frustrated on the main forums, mainly going to keep to this thread and the secular forum I think. I try really hard not to be antagonistic and to think about what I am saying - will what I say actually help? and if not, don't post it. I have edited or changed my mind about posting many times and still am finding that posts are being removed (mine and others.) While I totally understand the need for moderators in a group this large, I also find it exhausting to censor myself so much and to wonder if I am 'allowed' to say certain things.

just a mini rant I guess. probably just tired and grumpy. Hope you all are doing well. it's nice to see you back Rae, and you, too EnglishRose.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

I sent you a PM Cerb

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-26-2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: tired
Old 08-25-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone! Hope you're all doing well as we head into a lovely Friday.

First an earthquake to shake us up and now a big fat hurricane is a bubblin' and a brewin' here on the eastern seaboard. So glad I'm sober to enjoy the wild weather ride when it sets down this weekend. Kinda scary in a way, though. We're supposed to be prepared to evacuate if need be. Holding on tightly!

Catching up here with some newer posts...

Stu: Congrats on passing the 30 day mark! Big score for the Stu-debaker! That's Stu-pendous! I'm cooking up a pot of beef Stu-w and watching the Three Stu-ges on TV! Right about now you're thinking, "Ok, Cy, that's enough with your Stu-pid jokes." Heee, hee!

Ceneri: My beautiful baby's picture gave you the creeps? What???! That's a pic of my son.... NOT!!! Heee, hee! Yay that you're staying with us!

English: Way to stay strong, girl! I'm so proud of you. Hope you feel better soon, too.

Cerb: I see you're all the way up in Canada, so I don't have to worry about ducking when you throw those knives. Heee, hee!

Dee: As always, thank you for your sage advice to our wonderful group of Julians.

Rae: There you are! Congratulations on keeping sober and smoke free!

Dickensen: Congrats to you, too, for staying on the sober and smoke free path!

VC: New job, hot new laptop, keeping sober... this is your year!

Elvis: Good luck with the marathon. Want to see a pic of the trophy when you win!

R4R: Thanks for popping in! Gotta lace up my running shoes and join you and Elvis.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Happy Fri-yeah! everyone!

Firstly, Cy . . . clever stu-plays - made me laugh. I think I will change my avatar this morning. . . what the hey. Just not sure . . . let's make this democratic . . .

Vote for:

- the blue station wagon or
- the red 4-door

Things are fine with me. Still sober. Things at home are not grand but still keeping my side of the street and that I'll I can do. We have Irene coming this weekend - which used to be a great reason to drink myself silly, but there will be none of that this coming weekend.

I really, really, really recommend the thread on the newcomer's section, Planned Relapse - great posts for anyone thinking of picking up for any reason.

I thought I had more to say - I guess a thank you to all you folks on here. Visiting this thread has become a part of my mornings. ANd, it's good that I don't feel I need to be happy and upbeat every . . . friggin . . .day

Cerberus - I think I might dig out my son's throwing knives - sounds like a good way to blow off steam!

Take care everyone.

Remember, vote early and vote often for the Studebaker of your choice!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Stu I need you to practice more with those knives first!

Good morning peeps. Well the weekend is rolling in.......much of mine will involve traveling to the other side of the state to do a job.......but things could be worse, like drinking.....or sitting through a hurricane.....or are these one and the same??
Old 08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

I think they could be one and the same, VC

Cy - You're not on the Outer Banks are you?? Not looking good for much of the eastern seaboard... Take care... and get those shoes laced up! What are you waiting for

Elvis... Nice on the running... I'm getting a 20-miler in tomorrow morning... see how it goes.

Cerb... Glad you're doing ok!

Day 26 for me.... you guys are great (along with my Fitness and Augustian friends).... keep up the awesome work!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by stuartp View Post
Happy Fri-yeah! everyone!

Cerberus - I think I might dig out my son's throwing knives - sounds like a good way to blow off steam!
!
I highly recommend it! It is a great way to get it out.

My target doesn't look ANYTHING like VC's though, lol

And Cypress, well my throw IS getting better!

Stuart I, too come and check out this thread each morning to see how everyone is doing and it makes me feel a bit better even when I am feeling crappy.

And I vote for the Blue station wagon (cuz I have one named Lola although she is only a taurus but I love her!)