It's all about me Part 2

Old 11-22-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hello ladies! Butter here!

How is everyone? I am doing well, except for the fact that my knee is acting up again. I told my mom yesterday it was getting better. Ha! i shouldn't have said that i guess!

Soverylost and clean thank you for your crush explanation. According to those i diagnose my friend with a minor crush. hahah i bet i couldn't fool you, right? My friend's name is buttercup It's complicated though because he is the BF of one my friends. She was nice enought to take me out with her friends and that's how i met him..i thought he was cute when i met him for the first time but i was very upset that night and didn't think a lot about it. i saw him again a few days ago and what should i say: there were sparkles lol. I talked to him a bit and it was very good but he also was with his gf and touched her a lot. So i guess he is not really an option. Unfortunately. On the positive side it took my mind off from B. at least a little bit. I think i made an important step regarding him, so meeting A. (see i stepped up) helped me a lot too.

i can't wait for the german x-mas movies. there are not really related to x-mad but they are always shown around x-mas time.

i hope everyone is having a nice weekend ((((hugs))))
Old 11-22-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Butter ! IM SORRY I Was so excited about the carrot cake recipe yesterday I forgot to comment on the concept of what a crush is. Its a step in the right direction for you to begin to see there are other possible love interest for you than B. I think its a sign of healing!

I sent u my homework. Im not sure I'll get an A+ but should be at least a Sorry have to say it, a B +
Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone's weekend was nice and pleasant. I'm especially thinking about soverylost and anxiously awaiting her update! Saturday was my busiest day as far as running around outside the house. Did all my food shopping for the week and spent some time in Kohls. I haven't picked out anything yet. I know I'm taking my time. It's not everyday I get something like this so I guess I'm savoring it. Lol Hubs and I spent some time in Home Depot too. Idk if I mentioned our septic problems or not? But our sewage pipes our somewhat clogged...not completely. The washer is connected to it. So I was unable to use it last week. My hubs bypassed it with some piping until we can get a plumber out to fix it. It might be that our septic tank is filled? If so, it's a big job of either cleaning it out or digging another one. Not something we can do immediately. See the people who owned the house before had the washer bypassing it....maybe they had the same problem? But to pass the inspection they had to dismantle it. Anyway, he fixed it yesterday and I was able to do the laundry. So that was our weekend. It is unseasonable warm again, but very rainy. Would like to spend time raking the yard today, but will have to wait until it stops raining....doesn't look like it's going to stop though.

Idk if you guys remember that I made bunny's room in our sunroom? Well, he was too nervous in there...plus there was no heat in there. I know Bunny's can withstand cold better than heat, but I didn't like it that he was nervous in there. See, being that it's a sunroom, it has lots of windows. He would hop up on the window sills and sit in the window, which is fine during the day, but at night he was pacing back and forth and would hop off suddenly for cover every time he heard a noise or smelled something. The other night I went out to throw some garbage and I spotted a possum out there near the cans on the side of our house next to the sun room. I saw bunny getting terrified. I assume the possum lives out there in the backyard, because the next day I saw a bunch of new chewed up material inside a hole in one of our tree trunks. Our backyard light wasn't working for a couple of months, so I'll bet he felt it was safe back there, and plenty of food from our garbage cans.

Anyway, I moved bunny downstairs in our basement. I have a nice area (huge area) blocked off for his home. Set up his cage, litter box, food bowels and toys. He had an even larger area to run, plus it's warmer and he likes it. The reason I know this is because while I had him in our kitchen, I left the door open so he could hop down. I wanted to see if he would go down on his own. He did. And spent quite a bit of time roaming around. Because Mimi didn't like the basement and refused to go down there. It might have been the stairs though? The boy who owned bunny previously had his room in the basement and is where he kept him anyway...so maybe that's why? There are plenty of windows too, so he gets sunlight and I leave a light on down there at night. Anyway, every day around 2:00 pm I open the door for him to come up to our kitchen and sunroom. I block off the rest of the house though. If he were potty trained better I wouldn't have to do that, but he's not. He is horrible about it. So I'm just waiting for my Christmas money to come from my Dad so I can schedule his neuter, which is supposed to help with that considerably. See he has a very bad habit of circling my feet and spraying. It's very disgusting and I have to change into some old leggings each time he's upstairs with me. Not to mention sweeping and mopping my kitchen floor each evening after he's been up there. It's that bad! Now I know for sure why the boy gave him away. It's sad that he has such terrible habits because it makes it hard to allow him to wander around the house and have freedom. I feel bad to have to limit him, but I can't allow my house to become filthy and stinky either. I've already tried numerous times to get him to curb this habit, but it's a natural behavior if a mature rabbit, so there isn't much I can do.

Ok, that's what's been in my mind lately, just thought I would get it out of my head. I just hate to be mean, and honestly I'm afraid of making him go through the surgery. I have looked into a cheap way to get it done...but will they give him the proper pain meds? Idk...hate to see him suffer. So far the price, for a good rabbit doctor, along with proper pain meds and after care is $275 at least. That is without any complications that may arise. Alright, enough on that topic.

My son had an assignment today where he was suppose to write an essay about a book he read. It was Harry Potter. So last night, at the last minute mind you, he says he needs to dress like Harry Potter too....while reading his essay to the class. So we were scrambling to find a costume. Luckily, party city had the glasses and the tie and my daughter had the graduation gown. My daughter drew Harry's scar on my son and he looks too cute dressed up! How can kids go entire weekend and not even mention something like that?!? Ugh!

Another weird thing happened. Blue remember when I told you my husband is like an absent-minded professor? Well, yesterday, he had to run to Home Depot for something at the last minute. He went downstairs and proceeded to work on that project I was talking about. I went outside after about an hour passed....and noticed the headlights are on in the car. Okay? I figured he forgot to turn them off...but they are automatic so that was weird. So I went closer to the car and noticed it's still running? WTH? Who forgets to turn off the car? Apparently my hubs..that's who! I went down and asked him if he forgot something. He looks at me in a weird way and asks, "what are you talking about?" So I told him the car was left running for over an hour! He just looked at me dumbfounded and says, "maybe I forgot to turn it off?" I said "yep, you sure did!" Then he asks me to please turn it off. Of course I already did. Now, today, he skips out without his coffee and phone? This is someone who isn't on anything either. So that is why I told you if my husband had trouble making a decision or misplacing something, which happens ALL the time! I'm not surprised. Ha!

Ok, guys that is what is going on in my life right now. I know, not so exciting, just the same ole life. Lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Did I just use wonderful and Monday in the same sentence? I guess for people like me Mondays are wonderful....and peaceful!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh, hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, just in case I don't make it back here by then. But I probably will!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

It is a Happy Monday because today is the only day I work, and we have a long lunch planned in the office and no one is actually working so far today! Except you know a couple people always persist.

How strange the bunny will circle and spray YOU? It would get old quick like, but you know bunny had someone watching over him because he found a caring, compassionate mom who still loves him quirks and all! Not everyone would have recognized his anxiety being on the porch, and pieced together he would feel safer in the basement because its familiar like where he used to know. I think its a common surgery for most pets, and it will make his life and yours better. Its basically a bunny vasectomy right?

I didnt do any shopping this weekend. But I plan to go out after Thanksgiving. Today, Im going to call some bake shops and see if I can find the marzipan or a sugar carrot decor for my cake. I think I posted about my husbands reaction? My mom was saying your not going to use my recipe? I may make two, one for each mom/dinner.

How is your daughter Clean? All three, i was thinking about the one who had surgery, but your other daughter has been having pain, and your youngest had another eye appointment?

I forgot, Im sure they will give bunny pain medicine of some kind. I bet a day or two he will be fine.

Its funny about your absent minded professor, I told Butter last week the battery light came on in my car, plus its a little overdue for its scheduled checkup. The light went off, and I ignored it. We took my car to my parents yesterday and went to leave and it wouldnt start. I had to explain to all of them how yes I did see a warning, but? We called the roadside assistance, and they did tests, Im not sure if the old battery was bad, but it had a warranty and they put in a replacement. Husbunny told me he was going to schedule its service appointment for me today. He wasnt angry but I could tell he was annoyed I ignored the light, him, my dad, my mom were all saying it could have broke down when I was all alone. My dad was the biggest lecturer, maybe my husband felt like my dad was lecturing him too? I just now thought of this, like he should have known it was past due for service? I told Butter it makes me feel like the little kid and him the adult, and to be true hes more responsible than me overall I think. Butter made me feel better, thank u Butter. She told me cars were his job, mine was to focus on marzipan carrots! Dont u all love Butter!

Soverylost, I was thinking about you too, hope the weekend was ok

Allfor, I listened to some of the book in the car today, i skipped to chapter 3 because you covered the others so good! Chapter 3 is on stages of change. I may send some of it to you Butter, because its got an exercise about change in there. It fits in with any of us who are making changes and think you would relate.

My week will be a little busy, husband is home most the week too. He said he was only working today, but we will see!

One more thing, kinda big! He asked if I had set us up more family sessions, we were going twice a month. I told him no, and asked him if he thought we needed to go as much now. I told him Im not feeling like I need it, we are doing good together. Yes I still have emotional fears now and then, and I want to keep getting stronger. But I think we can go less, maybe not again until next year? We talked, and he feels good about where we're at too but said it was my call. Im going to call her, and let her know, make an appt in January. Do u think its appropriate to give her a small xmas gift from both of us? Im not sure of etiquette?

Its good right? A positive step! We both think in the end all of this is about going back to normal and being happy.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Aaaw Blue that is good, that is great actually and i am very happy for you (why do my eyes tear up now?) You both came a long way and i really think you're doing very well. Yes, you still have emotional fears, but i think that's very normal and I also think you're doing great working through them and talking to him about it if you need to! I also think it's great that you're not cutting it of right away, but just go less often. I'm really, really happy for you! ((((hugs)))))

and I've never seen someone so excited about marzipan carrots! NEVER!!!! you're crazy, but in a good way

And, yes please send me the chapter too!
Aaw, i'm glad i could help you, while i was still being whiny.

I also second your question regarding clean's daughters!

Clean, where do I even start? Have you thought about coming here more often again and make smaller posts just kidding!
I'm glad the problem is somewhat fixed. I'm sorry though it's such a huge job. Bunny's new room sounds great to me. He seems to like it there and can still come up and roam around. I hope the surgery will help to stop his behaviors and he can be even more free. It's really not an option right now, if you have to clean the whole house afterwards.
And i agree with clean, i'm sure they would give him proper painmeds.

Hahah, i bet you loved your son very much at that moment I'm sure i pulled things like that too, when I was younger. I'm still doing everything last minute. He sounds very cute though and i'm sure he did great on that assignment!

I'm tired and have still some papers to write. Not much going on here, besides that i'm very excited to leave campus tomorrow and go to my friend's. I haven't seen them since their wedding and there will be lots to talk about.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good Tuesday morning!

I know it's GOOD for you Blue because you are off today and for the rest of the week! Yay! Even better than that husbunny is going to take some time off too....so you can spend it together! Double yay!
Good luck finding your marzipan or a sugar carrot decor for your cake! You will be our new Carrot Cake Diva after baking not one but two different carrot cakes! Be sure to take pics for us!

Butter enjoy your outing today! It's always fun to meet up with old friends! I'll bet you'll have lots to talk about. It looks like you both have busy days ahead.

I think allfor has been very busy with her holiday festivities too. I think she hosts thanksgiving at her house....so I'm sure there is lots to clean and prepare for. I will be cooking as well, but noone other than my kids will be here. Before my Mom died we'd visit for either thanksgiving or Christmas. My hubs family isn't here with us either. Just those cousins (who are like brother/sister to him). But a couple of them moved to Houston so they went to visit down there.

Well, I'm going to make this shorter for butter! (just kidding butter) Remember my son aka Harry Potter? Well he rushed in yesterday telling me that the essays were postponed for today because his teacher was absent and they had a substitute. But...the boy, who seems to be following in dear ole Dad's footsteps left a very important part of his costume at home...his glasses! I just found them lying on the floor! Must have dropped out of his book bag? So it looks like I'm going to get some exercise in today. I don't have the car so I'll have to walk to the school. I'm not sure what time is his class, so I better get going quickly.
Btw...Hubs did receive a phone call from that place he interviewed with. He just didn't listen to the message? They wanted his references. So last night, he wrote a nice email and included his references. Thanks for all your prayers! It's looking pretty positive! So just keeping my fingers crossed!

Ok...have a great day everyone!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yay for the phone call! That's great and i keep my fingers crossed that he will get the job for sure.
Oh boy! it really seems as if your son is following in his dad's foodsteps! Poor you though! now you have to walk all the way to the school!
so only your kids will be at ur thanksgiving? hubby isn't invited? sorry your my favorite teasing victim

so 1 mire class to survive, then get a shower and get my stuff and i will be outta here!!! so excited for my first american thanksgiving brreak
Old 11-25-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Enjoy butter! Take some pics for us! Gotta start tracking now! Ugh!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I will! Go Clean go ! Or Ruuuun Clean, Ruuuun
Old 11-25-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
I almost forgot.. I saw our Khols is doing the Khol's cash this week... I may go by there myself, I need to find my son a cute outfit for Thanksgiving. He is growing and while he would be happy wearing his bug or horse costume... I want him to look a little more proper, plus he can use it for church.
Aw, there is nothing so cute as a little guy all dressed up in proper attire I think I need to find something for DS too. Not often we can dress them all up I'm hoping we can get to church this year for Christmas. We've been avoiding it the past few years, it's so full on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. They do the late mass at midnight and I loved that as a child, but with a little guy, it's so hard! Plus it's standing room only. But we need to start going again.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by buttercup89 View Post
hahah i bet i couldn't fool you, right? My friend's name is buttercup It's complicated though because he is the BF of one my friends. She was nice enought to take me out with her friends and that's how i met him..i thought he was cute when i met him for the first time but i was very upset that night and didn't think a lot about it. i saw him again a few days ago and what should i say: there were sparkles lol. I talked to him a bit and it was very good but he also was with his gf and touched her a lot. So i guess he is not really an option. Unfortunately. On the positive side it took my mind off from B. at least a little bit. I think i made an important step regarding him, so meeting A. (see i stepped up) helped me a lot too.
Sparkles! That is a perfect way to describe it! So happy you were able to find sparkles, but sorry he has a girlfriend. However, girlfriends can be temporary ...

Either way it does sound like a step ahead - that's wonderful, Butter!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Great news about the phone call for your husband, Clean, and needing references! Wouldn't it be crazy if the psychic was right? I have a daughter like your son and hubby. She forgets everything, to the point where I need to text her if something is coming up or she needs to go somewhere. She would forget her head if it wasn't attached LOL! Sorry about your washing machine and septic problems. That sounds like a big mess!

Blue, sounds like a wonderful week for you! Your hubby took a whole week off? That's awesome! And, great news that you are feeling like you are in a good place with your counseling. It sounds like you both have worked very hard to get to the place you are now.

Butter, enjoy your first American thanksgiving! I'll be thinking of all of you enjoying your turkey, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie yum!!

Allfor, I hope your family get together goes well! I love family get togethers

I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. Yesterday was a crazy busy day at work, H is sick, and I just didn't get a chance. Thank you everyone for caring about me!
We had a good weekend. I think H went on a bit of a bender last week and he got very run down, with not sleeping well or eating well and drinking too much and has now caught a very bad cold. He made a few interesting comments about needing to drink less, how he should be spending money on a gym membership instead of booze, and nice it is to be spending sober time with me. His body can't handle the amount he's drinking anymore, I think, and he's realizing that. I had given him a lot of cash before he left to pick up some Christmas gifts and not only did he not get the gifts, he doesn't have any money left so I'm guessing where it went I should have known better, actually.

I'm trying very hard to be encouraging and supportive and not give him a whole lot of responsibility that could overwhelm him at this point. Our counseling date is only 2 weeks away, and I am anxious to get started with that again. I think I'm going to discontinue with my personal therapist as she does not agree with the Beyond Addiction book, and I have personal appointments booked with our marriage counselor so I can make sure I am following up with his therapies instead of trying to do two different ones and confusing my head even more.

it's really winter here, and I'm getting frustrated carting around DS in all the snow and ice. It's also dark by the time I get home from work at 5, which is nice when everyone has their Christmas lights on. I actually like the dark, it makes me feel enveloped and cozy, but by about Feb, I'm aching for sunshine again.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Soverylost and allfor you reminded me of the good ole days when I could dress my son the way I liked!

Thanks guys for your prayers and well-wishes. I'm hoping he hears from them again soon and this time realizes it might come from an unknown number.

Soverylost I hear ya on the dark winter months. I get disoriented when the sun sets so early in the day....I'm still thinking it gets dark past seven.

Hoping things continue the way they are (uneventful) till you can get into marriage counseling. I think you certainly need to take into consideration your personal beliefs as well as how you want to deal with AH. If your therapist goes by a certain program and you aren't convinced it's the one for you then you will constantly be at odds with one another. If you are going to use a therapist....trusting that therapist is very important don't you think? I think it would be confusing to have a marriage counselor that practices a certain type of program and a personal therapist that practices a completely different approach. Continue on with that and you might end up more confused than hubby! Ha! I know I would! But you know what, I have to commend you on noticing the differences and realizing all this. I'm not sure if the average Joanne would even realize that. So kudus to you for thinking outside the box and for studying so much about the different approaches and picking the things that work for you. Because in the end I think you are for whatever works....while causing the least amount of damage to your family. You are awesome soverylost!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you, Clean I am trying so hard to keep both his and my dignity and respect intact. I am realizing that this is such a personal thing, and one blanket solution doesn't cover all. Sometimes tho I feel like I'm doing more work than him on it, but then I realize that simply not picking up that cup to drink may be all he can handle at the moment. That thought really puts how strong addiction is into perspective, it's very humbling.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I couldnt have said it as eloquently as Clean, so Im happy she posted first! I know the decision to keep working with that particular counselor was weighing on you, and you put a lot of thought into what your doing, what you want to try for yourself and your family. I know its not a decision taken lightly. Kudos to you for moving forward in the way your comfortable with right now!

How could Harry Potter forget his glasses? You have a mini husbunny on your hands!
You got enough exercise, no guilt for some sweet eating. Look for the silver lining

My husbands office is down for the week, except very minimal emergency stuff. He was in a little stinky mood because he did the weekly meeting/lunch with the work sober adviser. Nothing bad, he doesnt like it is all. He says he may refuse to do it if they want him to continue next year, then he will say the guy is tolerable, or hes ok. Basically he just doesnt like being forced to do it.

Of course being "engaged" and not "detached" we talk about his feelings and then he seemed to get in a better mood.

The carrot cake. I went to the store and couldnt find marzipan, went to a bakery after work yesterday and she said I should make a spice cake, carrot is more for Easter. My mom made them on different holidays. She told me to use frosting, someone else told me fondant. One place had carrots but they looked weird. No carrots so far. Husbunny suggested I use a real carrot, and we will say its tradition to pass the carrot around, each person breaks off a piece, eats it before the cake. We will be giving a nod to appreciating the invention of fire and baking! I can see his mom and dad, munching on raw carrot at the table, before desert.
Im tempted to do it, is that bad?

I owe some pms and stuff. Slept in today, we went to Ihop and i had the caramel bon bon pancakes, and a bite of his white chocolate raspberry. Good and Im sure like 1500 calories?
Old 11-25-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi,

Sorry I haven't posted since last week.. its a busy time for me with work, and Cleanin was right we are having people over to our house for Thanksgiving so Ive been cleaning the house, and cooking.. This is kind of funny.. I am doing most of the cooking except Im not handling the main course.. turkey. I cant cook a turkey, cant look at a dead turkey, and no way could I stuff one. Im not totally vegetarian because my husband likes meat, and so far my son does too..hes still little and I guess its supposed to be good for him at this age. I will eat a little as long as its disguised. One year before he was born I made Tofurkey.. but our guests probably would have opted out if I told them this was the main course.. so I asked for a volunteer to do the dirty work and bring the main course.

Cleanin, I think its a good sign they wanted his references. Will keep praying for it to happen. It would be well deserved, and perfect timing.

Blue, the raw carrot is funny. Your husband sounds like he has a good sense of humor as do you. If these carrot decorations are getting stressful, maybe you could just buy some decorations for the top.. they have all kinds of things from Wilton brand for example.. they have decorative candy pearls, chocolate shavings, sugar glitters, etc. I would skip the carrots just because it sounds like its getting stressful for you.

Hi Butter, I hope you enjoy your first Thanksgiving, have fun with your friends, and in the town you love. I think you guys all defined what a crush feels like. Your heart is open, and I think this is the best news.

One of the pitfalls of watching Christmas movies.. when you get a song stuck in your head. This on is from the movie Love Actually I watched last week.. its just now finally starting to fade from my brain:

Christmas All Around

I feel it in my fingers,
I feel it in my toes,
Christmas is all around me,
and so the feeling grows

It's written in the wind,
It's everywhere I go,
So if you really love Christmas,
C'mon and let it snow?

You know I love Christmas
I always will
My mind's made up
The way that I feel
There's no beginning
There'll be no end
Cuz on Christmas,
You can depend

You gave your presents to me
And I gave mine to you
I need Santa beside me
In everything I do

You know I love Christmas
I always will
My mind's made up
The way that I feel
There's no beginning
There'll be no end
Cuz on Christmas,
You can depend
Old 11-26-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Is everyone busy today? I am!

Im not putting carrots on the cake, instead Im toasting coconut to go on the sides, and on the top Im going to mist it with this gold spray. I think this will look good and maybe more tasteful than any carrot I could create without practice.

I hope everyone has a good day, I know not all of us are doing Thanksgiving this week. This may be a stupid question, bur for USA the day was picked because of the pilgrims? How does it work in other countries? Or have I forgot what I learned in the elementary school play?
Old 11-26-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving

May be a bit early, but I doubt I will be here tomorrow. I hope everyone enjoys their day, and can count up a few things to give thanks for. Im very grateful this year... life is good. Husband is healthy, my son is a happy little boy, even our pets are good. (No more medicine to pass out for a while I hope ). The people in our lives, the ones we love, are whats most important I think.. close and extended family... and even good friends... and then everything else is icing on the cake.

I think the song is finally gone from my mind... another thing to be thankful for..
Old 11-27-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving ladies I hope all of us are having a nice day

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be here and experience thanksgiving for the first time in my life It's been on my bucket list
I am also grateful to have met you all! Thank you so much for your support