It's all about me...

Old 09-12-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon !!

Clean I hope your doctors appointment goes ok. I have this funny thing someone sent me over punctuation and it made me think of you. Not because of your punctuation but because of mine when I type and your teaching background, I know you must go UGH use spellcheck ! and HA it would probably make Butter laugh too now i think of it because of her English. I will try to find it again and sent it to you.

Happy its Friday !! I havent been sleeping good all week, had a weird dream two nights ago.

Butter Im happy you have new friends at school too. I have a very good guy friend from school and we are still friends now. I dont think my husbunny is at all threatened by him because he's been in my life a long time, and he has a steady girlfriend now too. BUT dont limit yourself becasue you never know whos out there right under your nose like you said one of his friends? But if they think you solid with B then they will back off you, so what kind of image are you projecting? committed, or footloose and fancyfree ??? Not that fancy, your still my foster (same age almost) adopted daughter exchange student and I wont be having any serious mischief out of you !!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Butter survived a 2h psych class and a 1h history class and had lunch alone but then a girl from one of my classes asked me to join them and so i met again some new people and then, i went back to my dorm and run into the girls and we chatted and shared our life stories. Which was nice. I told them the short version of B. One of them said, what i feel, "you can't give up now, at least not before you saw him"... so true!

Then i posted a Facebook comment that totally failed. I wrote something like "Snuggled up in bed watching netflix and catching up on sleep. Now all i need is a cuddle buddy and some snacks and life would be perfect". I wanted to call out B, but he didn't comment on it so far, but a friend of mine did, saying he could be there in 10h. lol fail!

Blue, don't worry myself. I'm not limiting myself or telling everyone about B.Only 2 girls know. To the guy, i referred to him as a friend and mentioned him only twice in like a 3h conversation. Of course, if there is someone who i am interested in i won't talk about B.
If there is a guy that really sweeps me off my feet i will date him, but i will not look actively until i met with B or i made a final decision regarding him. You know, i want to be fair to the guys, and i don't think it would be fair if I dated someone and then would run off to B or not having true feelings for him! So i send a neutral image and try to have as much fun and a great time here as possible!

Haha, i like my foster (same age almost) adopted mom i'm a good daughter so I won't cause any trouble or see too many thingies (or if i do at i won't tell you )

I hope your daughter appt. went well clean and everything is fine Take it easy on the cleaning or we might make a vote for you too, as Blue suggested!

Oh, i wanted to share a story with you, that made me sooo happy today! Back when I was 12 I had a great history teacher! He made history interesting to me! and i guess i kinda was his favorite student (he told that once his DIL who knows my mom) so when I graduated from this class he pretty soon retired and I haven't seen him since. We also lost touch with his DIL. So a few weeks ago I was talking to my mom about him saying what he might think that I am a history major now and i think that he would be happy if he knew that I chose that path and am now study in the US. and wondered how he's doing now. So this morning i got a text from my mom, saying that she run into his DIL and they talked about me and him and my mom told her what I told her a few weeks ago. So his DIL is saying hello from me to her FIL and will tell him what i am doing He's doing well, he even got married again! I'm so happy he's well and will know about me too !

Ok, now i need to get some dinner before they close :-)
Old 09-12-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

LOOK Im here before you are all asleep. See I do listen... LOL

Cleanin (<<) I don't think I could handle it if the top of the cat tower had a littler box on it. Im all for them having a thrown, but throwing litter down on me would not be fun. Did you know they make litter box containers shaped like a planter and on top you put a big plant? I saw one online and thought about it, but I wonder would this really look good? Would you not know theres a box in there still?

This weekend Im going through more of my collection of stuff, I have to make some decisions on what to donate to the church rummage sale coming up. Its so hard to part with things, but then they have been sitting a while and I have not repainted them, had anything reupholstered, or fixed anything slightly damaged. They just sit there taking up space and making me feel lazy and guilty. This weekend I hope I can lighten the load a little. LOL

Your doing wonderful Buttercup. It takes a while to make friends at a new place but its only been a week and you've met a lot of people. Hopefully this will help with the lonely times. Its ok to miss B, I understand this, but your not letting him hold you back and its a sign of strength. Very neat story about your teacher from the past. I think it would be wonderful to have a job where years later you see how people have followed their dreams, and maybe you helped spark their interest in the beginning. I hope my son is lucky enough to be surrounded by such encouragement when he starts school and heads into the world in 15 years

Blue Im sorry your not sleeping well. Does your husband have insomnia again? Try to sleep in this weekend. We need sleep to stay beautiful
Old 09-12-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Wow! See who's here! Good to see you hear so early and i love it that you listen to our vote

Yes, i mean, it happened, i'm still hurting, but i'm trying to find a mix between letting myself heal, see what's happening and hoping to see him, and living my life. I don't want to ruin this opportunity, so i try my best to stay happy. It helps to be at a place I love and having so much going on.

I hope so too. Teachers are such important people in lives of students. I had really great ones and some i usually call names, i'm not allowed to mention here... Oh well, they all made me to the person i am today..
Old 09-13-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Allfor came early yesterday and I missed her anyway!! Maybe we need to vote on exact times for her arrival now. IK IK

Hows Butter? Clean? KS? Mag?

Husbunny went to work for part of the day and will be home soon. I got up and went back to bed and fell asleep ! I called and asked if he could bring us home some donuts on his way. he said yes, so now Im looking forward to him and donuts, and Im making coffee to prepare for the donuts arrival.

I was reading on substance abuse, and I have to copy this from CLEAN and share here because it inspires me !

I feel the purpose of my life is to become a better person. Each experience good or bad....everyone I meet along the way (good or bad)....is important. It teaches me valuable lessons. If I really dig deep to look for the answers or reasons why things have happened in my life.....I will find them. Then use those lessons to become a better person. So that is why I believe life is a journey. Recovery is a time of rebirth and awakening which is why it can be a very exciting time. If you look at it as a time to grow and become a better person. JMVHO
Old 09-13-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Oh Blue well thank you for copying that. I'm glad it inspired you. The person whose thread I wrote that on is celebrating 36 days clean. I'm very proud of her! I hope you can catch-up on your sleep this weekend. You mentioned a dream you had a few nights ago. I love interpreting dreams. Not that I know how to do it...but I find dreams fascinating. I believe Frued said they are a window into a person's unconcious fears and/or desires. Not that I agree with all of Frued's theories....he had some pretty outrageous ones. You are teasing me Blue right? I am the last person to be telling someone to proofread and use spellcheck! Ha!
Oh Douhnuts? Yummy! Which reminds me...I still didn't get my pumpkin doughnut! Enjoy!

Butter so happy you are meeting new people and forming some friendships. I agree ...... you are moving on with your life...not holding yourself back waiting for B. I cannot stress the importance of keeping your mind in the present and truly enjoy this experience. I remember back when I was 19, I was dating my ex ...who my parents didn't think was healthy for me....they were right. Did i listen? Of course not! At 19 I knew all I needed to know about life, love and relationships....certainly more then they did. Ha! I was sent on a trip to California for a month to visit with my relatives on my mother's side. My ex was very controlling...jealous and knew exactly how to manipulate me. His requirement for my taking this vacation away from him was to phone him every chance I could. So what could have been an awesome experience ended up being a stressful one full of petty fights....explanations of why I didn't check-in on him at such and such time....or trying to keep him happy and secure 1000's of miles away. I look at that now and think wow what a waste. I ended up marrying him as soon as I got back and divorcing him 1 year later. By then it was too late to have that wonderful experience since I was now responsible for another life...my daughter's. . So much for being young, single and free!

Allfor how stupid of me for thinking that has a litter box at the top....I think I got confused by your saying you were cleaning it. I could just picture you walking into the room dodging clumps of kitty litter....Heads up....flying kitty poo overhead!
Well, it's Saturday so I figure you've gone thru some of your things and taken them to the church sale. You know....there is something positive about lightening the load! I read somewhere that material possessions are like a ball and chain. I certainly felt that way whenever I've had to pack-up and move!

Yesterday doesn't count you snuck in and out too fast!

Oh Alfor, I was so upset last night. I've felt bad the last few nights I went to bed early. So last night....the only night I was able to stay up late because I didn't have to wake-up early to get the kiddos ready and on the bus. I went over to AP to see if you were there....you weren't....then I went to this thread to look for you....nope not here either. So I said to myself...ok let me write her a pm. So I started writing and before you know it an hour had gone by....my gosh I must have written the longest pm I've ever written. Then the screen went blank....so I dove for the charger.... too late! My whole pm was wiped out! I even prayed over the Ipad...."please come back pm!" It didn't. Then I saw the flashing blue light. Tapped on it.....private message from allforcnm.

I read it.....then got to the last sentence..."Ok going to call it a night. Hope you have a good weekend. "

Ok hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Oops, today i'm almost the last one to post!

It's been a long day! I slept in, had breakfast and started to rearranged my furniture! my room looks so much bigger now! I love it, then i went to buy some food and stuff i needed and started cleaning my room and then i read some of my text books! I have a very difficult assignment coming up and i don't know how to do it I mean, it doesn't count a lot, but i don't want my first US grade to be a bad one...

Clean, i agree with blue that post of you is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing your experience with me! I really try as hard as i can to enjoy my time here, to be happy, to move on. Because i don't want my experience to be destroyed by that! It's not always easy, but i try! Maybe it will help me to let go.
I'm sorry about your PM. that sucks!

Blue, i hope the donuts were good!

I hope you all are enjoying your weekends!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Where is everyone today? I ate a boat load of donuts but Im here, so no excuses ! I finally had pumpkin donuts. He bought a dozen donuts and got a couple pumpkin in there, and then he said the other pumpkin they were selling was "special" and had to be bought separately. So he bought 4 of those and they were almost too cute to eat. But I did anyway !!! Good weekend, and no not only because i got donuts !

Butter sorry about your assignment. Have you started it yet? Is this why your not here? your studying? Im sure if I took a vote the others would say this is acceptable and then they would me.

Saying hello. Husbunny has his counseling tonight. He asked if I wanted to go along with him for the drive and then we could stop at this place we like and have dinner, so think I will. Leaving work a little early to meet him and probably will take a walk along the grounds there while I wait for him. Do more thinking, last year this time he was in rehab. Im getting so many memories of "this time last year" sometimes they hurt, sometimes they are happy. Despite all of it I have a lot of happy and positive memories and I feel good about this. I read somewhere and I will misquote but you are supposed to write your sorrows in the sand, and your joys in stone. I may actually write in the sand while Im there.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

I'm sick today. I'm just lying here in my bed thinking about the last time I was very sick. It was the first two weeks of my recovery. So it's been over a year and a half since I've been sick. I guess I'm pretty lucky....that was a while ago.

Sorry I can't think today to even write much just very weak, dazed and achy. Alright I'm going to sleep early tonight, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

If you want to pray for me I appreciated it because I'm having a panic attack about being sick. Ever since my mom died of cancer I'm a big baby about it. I'm so scared of dying from some terrible illness.

I know this sounds stupid....I'm going to regret this in the morning.

Good night!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I don’t think its ever wrong to ask for prayers; Im sending then ^^^ right now. Do you think its possible you caught something from one of your kids since they just went back to school? I hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow. I can also understand being fearful after what happened to your mom but most things are far less serious. Just promise to see you doctor if you not better in a day or two…. Eat good, rest, and let that family of yours pitch in for a few days.

I like this quote Blue: "write your sorrows in the sand, and your joys in stone"
Hope you had fun tonight, and didn't have too many sorrows to write when you were out there. Over the weekend we bought my son his first tablet. Its an educational one.... he is just a little under age because he's not 3 yet... but he likes it a lot. There are games, music, drawing - all to teach.. but fun. So in lieu of this LOL I think I will have to say Buttercup shouldn't come and play with you until she has finished her report... LOL...
Old 09-16-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Thank you Allfor! I appreciate the prayers and the understanding! I was in pretty bad shape last night when I wrote that. But feeling a little better today. At least I was able to get up and get the kids off to school and hubs dropped at the train station. I noticed my kids are growing up. They are able to get up and get dressed themselves without a lot of urging on my part. Just my youngest has a little trouble getting up and out of bed.

I like that quote too. It's such a nice one for ensuring a positive attitude. Makes me want to embroider that on a pillow or wall hanging. Too bad I don't know how. Maybe, I'll find it on a plack or something and hang it in my home.

I forgot to tell you that I ate pumpkin donuts too Blue over the weekend. Hubs stopped off at Dunkin Donuts on his way back from Physical Therapy. Brought a dozen and that delicious pumpkin coffee home on Saturday morning. They were yummy!

This time of year puts me in the mood for baking. I love homemade pumpkin bread and banana bread. I've never tried cranberry maybe I'll give that one a try too. The other day I was looking thru recipes and found one for Pumpkin bars. I bought the ingredients to make it. Maybe if I feel better today I'll give it a try. Otherwise there is always tomorrow.

It's a dark and rainy day today. Perfect weather to put on some classical music and either bake or work on a craft project. Not that I'm crafty at all. Lol but I would love to learn.

Butter good luck on your assignment. I'm sure you will do well on it!

Alright hope everyone has a nice day!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

But i want to play with Blue

I'm sorry i made myself scarce here. i don't feel like talking or better said posting right now. First i didn't want to be whiney and saying the same thing over and over again, and now something has come up, i'm not ready to talk about it here because if I do i'm afraid to break down, and i can't break down right now, i don't want to and i'm afraid to hear things i am not ready to hear ... I am okay though, don't worry about me!

Clean, i hope you feel better! I sent a prayer for you and hope it helps! I know how you feel! But as allfor said, most of the time it's just minor things! get well soon!

I'm sorry i don't respond to the other posts, i gotta run, i have a class in a few and I need some coffee and some chocolate!

(((hugs))) to all of you!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

But I wanna play

Clean !!!! No dont be sick, stop it right now and feel better. I think there is hope because you want to bake. Then you get to eat what you bake and this is key to the whole process ! HAHAA Our husbunnys were out buying donuts at the same time this weekend. We are spoiled ladies. The pumpkin ones are good, and you are the one who started me craving them in the first place.

Hi Allfor !! You have already put your son in a virtual school this Fall and the tablet his like his first textbook. How cute !! when I was two I probably had blocks or something. HAHAHAA will have to ask my mom.

Butter HeLlO its a forum for recovery. If you need to share then dont be afraid, when your ready ok. (look whos talking, Ive been stalling on shares too) You can post all you need to about B or anything else if it helps you work it out and feel better. Or pm is fine too !!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
This time of year puts me in the mood for baking. I love homemade pumpkin bread and banana bread. I've never tried cranberry maybe I'll give that one a try too. The other day I was looking thru recipes and found one for Pumpkin bars. I bought the ingredients to make it. Maybe if I feel better today I'll give it a try. Otherwise there is always tomorrow.

It's a dark and rainy day today. Perfect weather to put on some classical music and either bake or work on a craft project. Not that I'm crafty at all. Lol but I would love to learn.
Hope your feeling better Cleanin... I actually hope you are asleep even though I miss not being able to chat with you. Your bread ideas sound wonderful. I made some zucchini bread a few weeks ago and it was really good. Now pumpkin or banana would be great.. with a little cream cheese/sugary frosting... carrot cake?? I was waiting in line at the market the other day and picked up one of the cooking magazines near the register. It had all these ideas for Fall and Halloween. I wish I had bought it now, but I guess most of it could be found online.. it was through Pillsbury or some name brand. Anyway, it had little ghost made out of meringue... ways to decorate cupcakes to make them look like pumpkins, and scarecrows. You know I have to try some of these for my son.. (hes my excuse). I know its silly but I can see my son getting older too, needing less help, showing more of his own ideas and wishes.. like what he wants to wear for example. Its good your kids don't have to be pushed out the door.. My mom always made sure I was up ( I usually was) and she made sure I had a nutritious breakfast, had all my stuff ( but I was pretty organized ). To me it sounds like the way you are with your kids and I think its a good thing; you know your parents care and they are not frantic or annoyed with you just sending you off for a good day, and you know there is support at home.

Blue,

Maybe that was my way of sending him off to school.. in the living room. He likes the tablet, hope he doesn't get bored with it. There are a lot of things that can be added to it as he masters whats on there.

How did your night go out with your husband?

Buttercup,
Im always a little worried when I hear:
I am okay though, don't worry about me!
I was thinking Ive never had anyone say to me
Im not ok, please worry about me
LOL

We are here if you need us...but self analysis of whatever it is going on.. is sometimes best
Old 09-17-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hey girls !

thank you so much for your support and reassure me i could talk about all i want. I feel much better today. It's back to the big ole questions like "why does he not answer my text?" lol.

My assignment is done and already handed in. I hope it's okay. I worked on it with cutie boy (the one guy from my class) he was really nice the other day and even though he obviously didn't know i was upset, he made it to cheer me up and keep me distracted. it's nice to have someone who tries to integrate you.

Clean i hope you're feeling better today. Listen to blue, we don't like you being sick. So i hope you feel much better today

hi blue how are you?

Allfor, you already enrolled your little boy in classes? but he's sooo young! is this common in the US ? i like that he got a tablet though. That's cool. I remember when i was a kid when had those learning laptops which were very popular. i never got one but i was one of the first kids with an own computer because my dad works in this field!

I gotta go and get ready. i hope you all have a nice day
Old 09-17-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Yes allfor....I had to chuckle at this. "I've never had anyone say to me I'm not Ok please worry about me. " Nope I haven't either. Yum Zucchini bread sounds delicious! Haven't thought about that one. I'll bet it's healthier then some of the ones I mentioned. You know sweet potatoes a very popular now they say that they're very nutritious more nutritious than regular potatoes. I've always love them but only had them at Thanksgiving time. I wonder if you can make a bread out of them? I bought a bag of them last time I went shopping because they're much cheaper than regular potatoes plus Mimi loves them.

Well Alfor I think you did the right thing by buying your son that tablet. Blue I used to do that too, compare the toys I played with plus the things I learned in school. Wow it's so amazing how each generation is much more advanced than the one before it. Not to mention the technology available? (Butter cover your eyes! ) You know it's really weird but I was watching a show the other day and they were talking about how girls mature (physically) much faster nowadays than they did in the past. But then on the other hand, they say it's genetic and that a girl will start at about the same age as her mother did. So which is it? If I remember correctly my daughters started at I believe 12 or 13 which was the time that I started too.

Okay nothing like a sex education class early in the morning along with your coffee! Ha!

Butter are you feeling better today? I hope so. Butter, Blue is saying that allfor buying her son the tablet is LIKE enrolling him in school. But enrolling your child in Pre-K at the age of 3 or 4 is very common here in the US.....or at least it is where I live in the Northeast. Each one of my children was enrolled at age 3 in pre-K, except my oldest daughter she began kindergarten at age 5. Course I was working at that time. So it's probably more common for working moms to enroll them earlier than it is for stay-at-home moms. Just guessing anyway.

Alright I have a few things to do but will BBL!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

hmm i wonder how you made the connection from talking about toys to give a sex education lecture.... clean, clean, clean ;-)

oh, oooos, i get it now. i probably wasn't really awake yet. in switzerland we start kindergarten at 5. of course there is child care for working moms but that doesn't belong to a school.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Oh butter you slipped in here while I was writing! Wait! Well I'm glad you finished your project. Nothing like teaming up with a cute buddy..... So did he do any of the work or just provide you eye candy?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Butter! Shame shame! You were supposed to be wearing this !

It used to be that way...but nowadays it's very common to start them earlier.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

i can't wait! i have classes and i am sure as a teacher you dont want me to miss them! you have already a bad influence on me ;-) i'm just teasing you! you know i love ya right?

and did you really think i would cover my eyes