It's all about me...

Old 09-21-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Could we somehow blame some of this on the psychology class? IK IK Your education is important !!

It can be stressful loving someone who has an addiction Butter. But Ive come to the conclusion its not a lot different than worrying about someone you love who has another kind of medical problem. When we were on substance abuse forum there were many people managing their addictions and living normal lives right? Some would come back after a relapse reaching out for help right?

I think with B you have to remember he stopped his addiction before, and if it does come back active in his life then you need faith B will be able to stop it before it spirals out of control.

Sometimes I get more scared than other times about my husband, but I know we both have support available too. Strong families, good friends, access to treatment, counseling, various resources. Plus there is no reason for me to presume if he does relapse it will be as bad as before. Having faith in all these things helps me keep my worry at a manageable level.

Now I could post a bunch of quotes about worry is useless, but I think you would plus Id have to go look them up and Im lazy tonight!!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

aaw Blue, again you said exactly the right things! Maybe i just need to step back and analyze it. You're right! He stopped it before, he stopped it now and if it should happen again he has the tools and the knowledge to stop it again. He has his support group and people around him who will help him. I think the last few months were an crazy roller coaster, or like being in a washing machine. Trying to look at i from a distance
- we still talk
- I am here in the US and he wants to see me when he's here, so the door is not closed and certainly not locked
- except for the last week, he seemed to be doing well
- he stopped using after he told me.
- he isn't in a relationship (ok this one is completely selfish)

It's been about 5 months since we broke up (oh my) and there have been a lot of bad moments, some good during that time... but i think after all that could have been, it's not a bad place to be right now. I think B and I share a wonderful memory and I always wanted that whatever is going to happen between us, that this memory wouldn't be destroyed. So if I can meet him and have a drink with him and spend some time, maybe even talk about what happened with us, that would be perfect. It can still happen. and i think besides from the obvious most perfect ending, that's probably as good as it could have gotten since our talk in april.
Does that make sense? Sorry, i completely digressed. But i think i found something i've lost on that way... Having faith! thank you
Old 09-21-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

You know what hurts though. Seeing other people getting into relationships. Just found out that my 17 year old cousin has a BF. I'm happy for her, but it hurts, that now i'm the only one of us 3 cousins who doesn't have a BF. Why me? How do i deserve that? All i got was a crazy story, that was probably never meant to work out but left me hurting badly. That's not fair, it sucks big time and it hurts. I hate that feeling, to feel unwanted, rejected once again, lonely, awkward. All i wanted was that for once i would be lucky in that matter... I know it's stupid and time doesn't mean anything, but every year at new year's eve i hope, maybe this year it's gonna work.. B and my story started in january, i thought, hey maybe, it's really gonna work and i terribly miss that time when we had such a good time.. and now it's almost october and it's very likely that i'll start 2015 with the same wish as every year.
Don't get me wrong, i'm grateful for the life i have and the opportunities i have.

I'm sorry for being such a big whiney baby these days and i'm sorry for that post which is probably totally off topic... but that just really got me...

Ok, time to stop crying, stand up, adjust the tiara, and keep on keeping on!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Did you get the tiara on straight? HAHAHA funny ! Its ok to feel down sometimes. Wasnt life easier when we were 17, had college dreams before us, plans for an independent life but still under the care of our parents?

Its ok to be lonely too, to want a relationship, but you want the RIGHT relationship at this stage in life dont you?

I think you need to keep doing as we talked about Butter, allow B to stay in this place in your heart, but be open to new people so you dont let a good one slip under the radar without noticing he was even there.

But you are saying your grateful for the life you have so I know your ok. You have an amazing life, traveling abroad like you are especially. I can imagine so many people at your home would love this opportunity.

I would love going there to live and study for a few months, even though I graduated it would still be a wonderful experience. But I have to stay here and work with the same people EVERYDAY.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MAGW View Post
Hi all -

The BF is doing well. He is actually at his Shick recap, 2 days of of post treatment follow up, at 30 days and then at 90. He is doing well and showing his progress in his daily life vs being dry drunk. My only concern, big one, is he has not followed through on getting a therapist. He came out of treatment ambitious and committed, he still is, but without pursuing external support which worries me long term. He called one, didn't get a callback, and fell off from there. Hopefully his recap will help that.

I have felt a lot of personal improvement as far as using things I have learned here, primarily 'staying on my side of the street' and as someone here said 'nothing to do nothing to fix' - love that.

I have felt weird insecurity issues since he's been back. Honestly I think I am more Invested as I am no longer afraid of his alcoholism. So I am more open-hearted - didn't realize I had been holding back, but I think a small part of me was in protection mode the whole 4 Yrs we've been together. He met a lot of people at Shick, major bonding experience, so that brought out some of my own insecurity issues that I hadn't seen since my marriage. But also some of it is normal and expected I think under the circumstance (ie him telling me about the woman who fell for him there and kept trying to contact him ...).

Missed ya'all!
Good to see you here Magw. I can honestly say I would feel a little insecure if my husband told me about a woman at his rehab who fell for him and kept trying to contact him. Especially I think because there is a bonding experience for most people in rehab because they open up and share their feelings, and are relating to others with similar problems at a deep level.
This is probably what happened with the woman and HER feelings not his. BUT from where your sitting it forces you to examine trust between you.

I think I felt the same insecurities with my husband, not because of who he met in rehab BUT because of the cheating happened during the addiction. It left me feeling insecure and emotionally vulnerable.

Yeah I hope he gets a therapist lined up too. Maybe the weekend recap he will be held accountable by his doctors for not doing this yet.

I hope your sons anxiety improves, it sounds like your doing all the right things to get him the needed help. One thing is therapy, counseling takes time to work its magic, or it did for me at least.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Haha, yeah the tiara fits perfectly I wouldn't say life was easier at 17, i rather go back to 10 or 12, a time when boys were stupid (well that hasn't really changed, but now i'm interested in them)

Of course I don't want just a fling, or even an unhealthy relationship, but you know it would be nice to have that special person, experiencing all those things... i totally know that my life wouldn't have gone the way it did if I had a relationship, but sometimes, i just can't help but to think why do all the others have partner and not me(which is wrong, because a lot of my friends are single) and i guess, one part is directly related to B. You know it, we had those wonderful conversations, we had that day together, and I miss that...

yeah, i think you're right. I think i'm really working on finding a balance that is good for me, without shutting the B-door. Maybe that's why all these thoughts are coming up...
Old 09-22-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi mags. I think one thing you can take solace in, is that he TOLD you about it. You must be awfully special in his life for him to feel comfortable having conversations such as that on a deeper level. Also, I think letting you know this happened shows that he is committed to you and wants to be totally honest with you about what happened. If he had strong feelings for this women I doubt he'd be telling you about her. The way i read your relationship tells me you guys are close, and getting closer.....And feel comfortable with each other. That is a good thing!

My first marriage was very dysfunctional. My first husband was an alcoholic and emotionally and physically abusive. It was very hard to let down my guard and allow for the natural progression of my next relationship, I felt I had to be continually on my guard. Waiting with fear for the other shoe to drop. It never did and my fears were unwarranted. I think it's good to keep a level of apprehension but too much of it can spoil a good thing. If he has shown you that he's trustworthy, that he loves and cares for you then I think you need to let some of it go to move on the the next level. But i understand your feelings and I would feel the same way. Sorry if I'm totally out there on this. JMHO. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Really hope your son gets something good out of counseling. Two of my children went thru therapy and I think it really benefitted them greatly.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hi butter. Hope you're feeling better today. I'm sure you are tired of my blasts from my past.lol But I was you a few years ago...not telling the exact number. But there was I time...believe it or not that I thought I would never ever find that special someone. It makes it super hard when we have to go out there, put our heart on the line to find him too. But it's the only way..so many weeds and thorns to wade through to get to him too. Ugh! But I have faith that you will find him. That is why I told you once to go outside and look at the moon. Know that he is looking at that same moon....somewhere...he is looking for that special someone too....you just haven't met each other yet.

I think leaving the door open for B is ok...for now....but there will be a time when you will need to close it. I know that's scary for you and I think I know why. For some reason you equate giving up on B as giving up on love and a happy relationship altogether. Like if it isn't B it's not going to happen. That is where you are selling yourself short...I think.

I think another reason you are having a hard time is because of B's flip-flop behavior toward you. But you need to decide if that is good enough for you? Is that the way you want to live your life?

You mentioned stepping away and analyzing. I think that is a good idea...but when you do that you will need to look at ALL of B. Every interaction that you've had with him. Not just the good ones...but the bad ones too. Plus you will need to view only the facts. It's super easy to throw in our own interpretations....our own warm and cozy feelings....Or our own excuses as to why someone is behaving a certain way. The reasons (whys) are unimportant. Example: If your professor gave you an F on every paper you hand into him. Then you asked him why, because you know your papers deserved an A. he said, well my wife was yelling and screaming at me whenever I grade your paper. You would be angry, wouldn't you? You would think, well what does that have to do with me? It's totally unrelated! True, it is and it's wrong! Very wrong! So if you would not except that behavior from your professor then why would you except that behavior from someone you wish to have a relationship with?
Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Thank you clean!

yes, i think you're right. i do see giving up on B as giving up on love. why? All i ever got from this thing called love was heartbreak, sadness, pain. The positive conversations i had with B, the flirting, everything in real life and online was the only positive thing i ever experienced regarding love. He was the first one who called me beautiful, cute... So how should i believe anything different? I know faith, but it's kinda hard to have faith when life always gives you bad experiences. So the thing with b is actually only another disappointment in many.

I know at one point i will have to close the door. but i am afraid. because the thought is killing me! you can't imagine the pain i feel thinking about that. closing the door will mean delete him from FB. Deleting him from FB means he is gone. forever' i will
never ever talk to him again. despite all the things he did to me, i really really like this guy. it sounds cheesy and you can club me but i think we have a connection despite the fact we only met once. i don't want to lose him. and especially i don't want to give up on us if there is hope. that's why my deadline is after he comes here.

you're right. i don't like his flip flop behavior. i deserve more and i deserve to be. treated better. i wish my heart would see that.

i think as of right now i don't have the strength to do this completely honest analysis.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Butter I think it will be easier to see things clearly about B if you think about actively dating. Maybe it could give you new insight too, and you dont have to do anything with B but think of him as being on "hold" ?

My login is acting strange here, I got a message saying I had entered my username wrong too many times. But I didnt enter it wrong. then is said to wait 15 minutes and it still said it was wrong. I switched over to a free proxy service like used to keep you safer on wifi and then it was accepted immediately. very strange dont ya think?

I forgot to tell you about the weekend and wanted to share how caring our friends are. We were only away from home one night while we drove and visited friends. Almost always when we get together at night we will go out listen to a concert, see some kinds of show, have dinner, and then end up capping off the night at this special place we found long time back. Its basically an upper class kind of pub where we sit and talk, there are appetizers, drinks, we might play pool or darts.

Our friend who lives local suggested instead we go to this new place he found and has been hanging out. It’s was a lot the same atmosphere, except instead of alcohol they served all kinds of smoothies, coffee drinks, sodas. I think my husband at first had a feeling like here they go doing this because of me, and he said its ok we can go to the other place. But everyone wanted to try the new place and talked to him about how not everything was about him, and our getting together wasn’t about drinking. They were all very cute about it. We went there and it was very comfortable. We had just as good a time as we would have had we gone to the other place, laughed, reminisced, all the usual. It was great because its only been this summer we have really been getting back out there with our friends and it was a warm feeling knowing they are caring and sensitive to everything been going on.

The weekend was good except then I came back and found out I had forgot all about Butter !!

Husbunny has counseling tonight, going to cook us dinner so its ready when he gets home. Have a good night ladies !!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Blue, i had the same message earlier! I think it might be a problem with the forum...
I've thought about trying to date and thought about joining an online dating site. Some of the girls here use it. On the other hand i think, i'm not ready to put myself out there yet. But i think i will do it!

As of right now, i really don't want to give up on the chance to meet him. But on the same time I feel as I know that there won't be a happy ending to the story. I think i'm just not ready to accept it and to think it. It's too painful. I hope he will come here soon. So i can close that chapter.

Your weekend sounds wonderful Blue. I'm glad you had so much fun with your friends and that they were so thoughtful and caring about your husbunny. They seem to be really good friends!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Happy 1st day of Fall everyone!
A very chilly one at that! It was in the mid-forties this morning while I put my kiddos on the bus. It was very hard to get out from under my warm comforter. Did not want to wake up this morning. I'm sure staying up til 3:00 am didn't help. I know a lot of you are having login problems the past two days. I have been fortunate that I never sign out of SR on one of my IPads so I was already logged in. But my other one I did have problems. It used to be permantly set as logged in too. But a few days ago it started logging me out automatically. Idk if that is part of the problem or my hubs changed the setting?
Anyway, I did get a message in my mailbox that someone attempted to login to my account using the wrong password and are locked out for 15 mins. Then it gave me my IP address. I hope the problem is resolved soon. I'm sure they are working on it.

Kids are off for two days this week...Thursday and Friday for Roshashona. They are happy! Kids here in NY have so many days off throughout the school year....which is probably why they have a two month summer break instead of the three months that other states have. It was always weird working and having kids in school thru June. When I was young we were out at the end of May. I don't tell my kids that though. Lol

Asked hubs to stop by the reservation to pick up my cigarettes on his way home.I stopped using the Wellbutrin. I didn't see it working...Infact I was smoking more on it not less. My hubs mentioned an herbal med his friend took and quit smoking on it. You are suppose to take it whenever you have a craving for a cig. Hmm.....I hope I don't take too many...or if its even possible to take too much. Because I get cravings every hour. Wouldn't that be awesome if it worked for all addictions? Anyway will have to read the ingredients first. I could see a placebo working like that. If the person really thought it would take a craving away. Because cravings last a short time anyway. They might just attribute that to the med.
idk why my mind turns towards get rich schemes. I guess because the bills keep coming in and I'm unemployed. But wow, if that herbal med really worked it could be marketed much better. I never heard of it before.

Blue I'm glad you and husbunny had a nice weekend. It always feels good to see old friends. Especially when you have to travel a ways to meet them. They seem like very thoughtful people to consider husbunny's addiction and your discomfort with his drinking. That new coffee bar seems like a very cool place. So did you order a coffee or a smoothie?
Let me guess. You are a smoothie girl? I could see you ordering a fancy smoothie as opposed to a fancy coffee. My daughter #2 does not drink coffee...never liked the taste. But the rest of us do. Not my son yet...but my daughter #1 and my daughter #3. (She's only nine, but has always wanted a sip from mama's cup.) she says the reason is because they gave her coffee in the NICU to keep her heart from suddenly stopping. I think she learned that info from hubs. What did you cook last night? I'm not sure what I'm going to cook tonight. Any ideas? That is my biggest dilemma each night....what to cook for dinner?
I guess that's a good thing. I could have worse dilemma's. Such as where am I getting my next fix from? Thank God those days are over!!!

Butter what is your biggest dilemma? Never mind I already know it. but I love your decision to join the on-line dating site. You do not have to worry about finding your future husbunny...on that site...but it gives you a chance to go out and date....maybe distract you for a few hours. Plus you get to see what the market is like here in America. Looks like pluses to me.

Mags hope all is well with you. Look forward to your next visit!

Allfor how is life? Getting busy with the upcoming holiday's? Have you started sewing your family's bug costumes? I just love your idea! It will make a lovely family portrait too!
Speaking of family portraits I have not had one made professionally in a very long time! I better get on the ball for that! You know that bug family portrait would be so cute to send in Christmas cards. ...or do they HAVE to be Christmas photo's. idk a little original if you ask me. But maybe people send those? I could see one being sent from my oldest daughter. My grandson was a giraffe last year. Such a cute one too.

Alright have a couple of things to do before I fix dinner. Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Alright, finished dinner once again! I always feel like celebrating at this time of night. After dinner has been made and eaten. It's like yay one more dinner down. Is that weird or what? I think that goes to show you how complicated dinner can be at my house. Too many picky eaters here! I have to take into account the following every single day:
Who will eat what?
Who will complain about what?
Did I make enough for everyone?
Will I have too much leftover that it will be wasted?
Do I have all the ingredients to make that dish?
If I use that particular ingredient will I have enough left to make the other dish I plan to make?
How long will it take to cook it?
Do I have the right sized pot or baking dish?
I'm sure there is more to consider, but it just seems like it's way too complicated. So you can see why I breath a sigh of relief when it's all cooked and eaten! It reminds me of completing an exam and getting a grade on it. If everyone liked it and ate it all up....It's an A.
If it was horrible...or I burned it...had to call out for pizza....that would be an F.
I give myself a C today. Only because I needed to use all the sour cream and do not have enough for later in the week. Sour cream is a hot commodity in my house...Similar to juice pouches and Daminals. Also because my picky eater refused to have anything to do with the rice and beans....only ate the corn casserole. Also because I had already made the rice and corn casserole when I discovered I have no more canned black beans....only white beans. So my son fussed about that....but ate the white ones (liked them) after hubs teased him for being prejudiced.
So anyway....anyone relate to what I'm talking about?

I feel a little lonely all by myself on this thread. Butter come and keep me company. I wonder if she's having trouble signing in? There must be something wrong for butter to be gone?
Old 09-23-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Clean Im here dont be lonely !! I talked to Butter earlier and she was going to a ballgame, so hopefully she is out having fun while us married women labor over the stove !! Stay single Butter, unless you find a man who will hire a full time cook !! Or he could cook himself I guess, but he might come to resent you for this? IK IK I like to cook, but you all know my issues.

Clean I have the same type of process before I start a meal, but I think two things: yours are more elaborate than mine, and I always have to ask myself the most important question: can I really make this? I know you have very good cooking skills from some the the things you prepare. Sour Cream is a hot item in our house too, because it goes good with cheese !!! And you know I like Cheese, and husbunny likes cheese too. He better, I add it to everything I can, I even add it to soup.

Last night I made a salad ( I make one almost every night) and garlic bread, and spaghetti. I found a canned sauce we both like and sometimes I add sauteed mushrooms, olives, and of course its topped with Parmesan cheese! I think my dad got me interested in cheese. He always like to try various cheeses, and he was always bringing different kinds of aged cheese home, and if I went shopping with him (better without my mom, she didnt share as much of our love for cheese) we would go to where they have the cases of cheese and it was almost as good as being in the shoe department at my favorite store. And cheese is interesting too, the way its made, and how its aged, the history behind certain ones, and what kind of milk they are made from. Sorry this is not supposed to be a post on cheese !! I can get carried away, and do you know Ive never been to the USA state where they call it the cheese capital. Is it Wisconsin? This is near mall of america? Never been there !

I had extra time, along with doing this meal last night, I also baked brownies and we had sundaes for desert, and I assembled a lasagne. Baked the noodles and layered it with Ricotta and other various Cheeses !!! sauces, vegetables, and let it sit overnight. All I had to do now is bake it, and its cooking right now .Maybe Im hungry explains the cheese talk?

My salad, Im disappointed in the relatives of Mimi, they ate all my lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and even tried to eat all the squash blossoms, and later I found one squash had been sampled, but I guess it wasnt satisfactory ! After the initial eat down, they didnt grow very big, and havent produced much. I totally gave up on the lettuce they keep getting in there. Husband says, its only lettuce, only broccoli we can buy it. But it the point of their not at least sharing !! maybe I need to lower my expectations? No Im ok with it now, but it was upsetting at first but my fault because I didnt pay enough attention. At least they enjoy eating it.

wow I wrote a lot. I wish I had holidays off like your kids do. Do you have any plans for those two days? They will keep you busy Im sure. Oh I asked my husband about NY mountains and he said yes you have skiing there too. He has been long time back.

Thank you for checking on me today, didnt think I would make it here, I thought I would be rejected again, but would be able to drown my sorrow in cheese so I was up for it !

I almost forgot: Allfor I love the bug costumes for your family. We may go to a Halloween party this year, do you have any creative suggestions for us? I think I want something where i can have a mask, not a werewolf one but like those fancy ladies, dont know what you call it, masquerade I guess? before you (or anyone) suggests it, I dont want to be a cheese wheel !!

Now i remembered something else. Last year around Halloween I was home alone (he was in rehab), and I got scared because I found this weird thing in the driveway like it had been shot toward the house. It was a paper towel holder with a lightbulb stuck inside, and it had all been wrapped with tape had skulls on it. The bulb was shattered inside, and it looked like it had been crumpled to shoot out of a gun of some kind? I never found out what it was. I guess Im a chicken, it scared me. I remember cuddling with the dog because I was afraid to tell my parents they would want me to move out and come stay with them.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Seriously Ladies? Seriously? I'm gone one evening and you already complain about being lonely??? How many times did you abandon me and left me behind lonely?

But i'm here now, don't worry, everything's ok Butter is here :-)

Haha you're so funny about the cooking! I understand you though. I don't really like cooking either. Haha have I ever told you what B worked originally? He used to be a chef! So at least I did something right with choosing him. All his flaws? unimportant, he can cook!

My day didn't start well. I text to my dad about something unimportant and he answers telling me my grandma had to go to the hospital. I was shocked and asked him why? He said she has some kind of inflammation and my mom took her. I was so scared, my mom mentioned something about taking my grandparents somewhere but she didn't tell me where. I texted her immediately, but freaked out because I have very very bad memories regarding medical emergencies and being away from home. That's the reason my mom didn't want to tell me until they knew what's going on. She didn't want me to worry but my dad didn't think about it and told me. I talked to my mom tonight and my grandma is okay so far. She has a very bad pyelitis, and now they have to find out where it comes from. She has to stay in the hospital for about a week I'm glad she's ok but worried of course. But she told my mom i shouldn't worry about her, she is going to be ok. So if you don't mind would you keep her in your prayers? That would be really nice!

In the evening we went to a baseball game i Boston. It was so wonderful! I mean, just spending the evening in Boston, being back in the ballpark. Amazing. We lost. 3 years ago, when I lived in Boston, I went to a ballgame at my last evening. I was devastated about going home, and thought I would never come back. Today I returned as a college girl. I texted my friend who was there too 3 years ago. he's one of my most important people here, but didn't know yet that I was here. He texted back that he's there too. Unfortunately, he was at the other end, and I couldn't go meet him, but knowing that he was there too, was very special. Sometimes it's amazing how life turns out. And i only missed B a bit and had a real blast

So, now i'm off to bed, and will be back tomorrow! I hope you'll be here too
Old 09-24-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hey Butter...I think for me it was definitely a process and journey on learning how to deal with the worry. I think the turning point in being able to deal with it is all about acceptance. And I think it takes time and reflection and then it comes to you, but isn't necessarily something you can talk yourself into.

Looking back here are just a few of the things that led to my acceptance that in the end he had to make the choice to be in recovery, that I couldn't make it for him:
- time and starts/stops/last chances with him until I was willing to walk away - about 4 years of that
- reading all the stories (mostly not happy endings) on the ff forum, having it drilled in my head there; knowing I didn't want my future to be progressively worse as he got progressively worse (he was not a bad drunk but I was afraid he would become one)
- catchy phrases like 'stay on your side of the street' and 'nothing to do, nothin to fix' on ff also helped keep me on track

We spent two months apart this summer; and while I was sad his life was wrapped up in the addiction and dangers that come with it, I knew it was his to deal with, that I had done all I could. So I guess I was more an observer instead of in the past obsessively worrying and wanting to help. It just takes time and life/experience to pass by day by day I guess, and when you get there you'll be there - until then, you will worry, it's normal, don't be hard on yourself.

Xoxo
Old 09-24-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hello Mags. Your post made me cry! You know why? Because it was so accurate and so well-written that I could feel your pain....And the steps it took to let go. I could visualize you on that crazy-train...worried and trying to help...not knowing what to do..frantically trying to figure it all out. It reminded me of other family members that I have gotten close to here on this forum and my own family as well. How desperately they tried to fix things and how devastated they were when they failed. How they too, were ready to let me walk away. They had accepted that their wife and mother might never change....might die from her addiction...but they were not going to be a part of it...they couldn't be! In order for them to live their lives.....they needed to step back and pick-up the pieces of their broken lives....the lives that I destroyed with my addiction. I was ready to walk out that day. Until I reached my own bottom and my own acceptance.

Just like you wrote here that finally you had reached a point where you gave up...threw your hands up in the air and realized how futile your efforts were. It isn't too far off from that night 1 1/2 years ago that I did the same thing. Yes, I'm the addict in my story...addiction had destroyed my life too. I reached a point where I just got so sick and tired of all the lies, the cheating, the stealing, the pawning, the manipulating, the deceiving....that was necessary to chase my DOC that I threw my hands up in acceptance too...that yes I'm an addict....I will always be an addict....but I can not continue living my life like this....I'm so very tired! That was when my mind was made-up and I accepted recovery and all that comes with it. That was when I told myself that no matter how much effort or hard work I have to put into my recovery....no matter how hard it will be to make it up to my loved-ones....build trust back-up or clean-up the mess I made.....it has to be better than the way I've been living...it just has to be! The peace I felt that night was incredible! I can just imagine the peace you felt too when you reached acceptance.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Thank you MAGW,for sharing your experience with me. On one hand, it feels good to know that it takes time and it's like a journey. It makes me feel better, because I am hard on myself and I feel as if I make 1 step forward 2 steps back. On the other hand, i don't like it, because I would rather take a short cut. But i guess there isn't one, is there?

I think as far as it goes for me, i have accept that as you said, i did what I could. He knows i'm there for him if he wants to talk about something, I care about him, but he doesn't want me to be part of his life so i have to accept that and trust him that he has the strength to keep choosing recovery and I have to trust that he has people around himself that are there for him and help him in case he needs it. So, as you said it, i'm only an observer.

Clean, oh no don't cry! I admire your strength you had that day and keep having every day to beat the beast of addiction! I'm so happy for you and your family, that it's going so well! You can be really proud of yourself clean!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Am I the only one who couldn't get logged in for two days? LOL

I admit I didn't try to hard... I saw people complaining the first night and when it didn't work I gave up... last night I tried a couple times but also was not ambitious enough to try to change my password or anything + I think I talked to most off you off SR. LOL

Butter I did want to come on last night to let you know that I will be adding your grandma to my prayers. I feel so bad that you are far away because I know you would be right there to give her a hug and smile. But I also think she knows this, and must be very proud of you coming here to pursue your education. And when you get together and talk think of all the stories you will be able to share.. edit... not all... grandmas and moms don't need all...LOL..

Blue I forgot to write you.. I haven't had time to look for the stuff on boundaries that you asked me about, but I will try to do it tomorrow. I remember part of it, but it was a few months ago now... edit again.. don't beat me.. tomorrow is project runway night. I will try to cheat at work and find it, or it may take me a little longer.

Over the weekend I went to the fabric store and looked for metallic to work on the bug costume. I have been sketching the design but I haven't learned a lot from project runway... so I think Im going to need help. LOL He is getting excited now.. I have created a monster BUG. A pesty little but... I had to let him have one of the fabrics as a cape. It may be destroyed with his little adventures.

I don't sew very good Blue. I don't think I could make a proper adult costume to wear to a party. It might make the worst dressed list. But I think I know what your thinking about with a romantic type of gown could be long or short and then a mask and special hair, maybe some glitter or little jewels added to your face.

Cleanin do you sew?

Im sure Im forgetting something, I haven't read around in a few days. Not since I was summoned to help explain craft ideas on that thread. LOL Cant say my husband was upset about my not being on SR at night these last couple days. You know what that's like right Cleanin ?

Hope you all have a good night, good day tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Yay yay!!! Woot woot! Alfor is back! I missed you! Welcome home!

No I don't sew. I wish! I've always wanted to learn! Back in the day...we were required to take a clothing class in high school. I guess it was Home economics. I was supposed to sew a simple skirt...fail!! Got an F in that class. But I did not have interest in sewing at that time.

Butter thanks!