Notices

Can one TRULY be addicted to MJ?

Old 07-26-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I worked with people who smoked every day and when they did not have it panic attacks big time, so it certainly seemed addictive from my perspective.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes because it messes with your receptors.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the forum Happy Poppy

D
Old 09-03-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Yes it can be addictive for a certain type of person

Like me

If I start smoking bongs it's all I do

For me to be sober it means total abstinence

V
Old 09-05-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Understanding addiction

Some people focus on the physical idea of addiction. Pot might not qualify for that sort of addiction. But the mental addiction is real. And the mental disease that comes with that addiction is real. The funny thing is as I would almost want my wife, who has MS, to smoke weed. But my step daughter, she will not come out of the closet for but a few hours at a time because she is smoking in there .......has a serious issue.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Define Addicted

It depends on what you mean by addicted.

Physically addicted, like you go into withdrawals and could die if you abruptly stop... no. You can get that from alcohol or heroin but not weed.

Psychologically addicted, like when you have a habit, like brushing your teeth in the morning, and if you don't follow your routine and smoke weed that day, you feel like something is just not right... absolutely. It became a habit, part of my life, something I always wanted to be near.

I agree it does tend to build up and cause a bit of mental fog to linger long after the use stops.

I never had a panic attack or anything really bad happen (other than getting busted by the law) but it did make me not like to get my hair cut for some reason. Even a year after I quit I did not like going for a haircut. That eventually subsided.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Weed addiction is real! Eventually a tolerance builds up and when the user fails to 'top-up' the body then physical withdrawal symptoms can occur such as panic attacks, anxiety, paranoia, etc...
The body can and in my case has, built a construct which can have lasting effects on the body for a period of time even after quitting the substance because of the half life of such.
The effects on the mind are the source of the addiction problem imo and the way the brain 'stops growing' during the process of becoming addicted is the key to unlocking the mystery of why I became addicted in the first place.
Back to the root of the problem and working on core emotional problems that set me on course to NOW.
Working with therapists and drug counsellors, people who know, really know how this works are my support through this and have been for a long long time.
Only a small percentage of users have problems with addiction and very often there is a dual diagnosis or co-morbid condition underlying the symptoms of addiction to whatever the doc is.
Try to grow my brain here