Notices

Thank you

Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

I just had to share just incredibly good I have been feeling for at least a few weeks or more ! It's just awesome to feel myself so alive and enthused about things again ! I know the first and BIGGEST STEP was getting pot completely out of my life. Chopping out the negatives and building on the positives. I chopped out a draining relationship too and made adjustments in a couple of other ones. I know the positives I've added have made a huge difference too as I have quit before without doing my "healthy routines" and Never felt as good as I do now. So, the combination has done me wonders , but the starting point was kicking pot to the curb. The rest grew from there. I wake up most mornings with a grin on my face ! That hasn't happened in years! My enthusiasm is back, my inner peace and inner joy is back, and my willingness to plow through challenges with confidence has increased! That's why the idea of going back to "pot hell" just seems so insane ! It's like I just gotten out of jail and there's NO way I'm going back !!!! Life is great and I am working forwards a really great future -many wonderful opportunities ahead ! I have to thank all my fabulous friends here for the encouragement and support you have provided me over the long time I've been around -I couldn't have done without all your kindness, especially Dee and WackyBunny at the top of that list ! Thank You All !
Old 04-27-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Happy camper - great! The feeling that one can plow through challenges is something in your message that I particularly tuned into. - Mel
Old 04-27-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's pretty fantastic. Really good stuff, HC.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you did all the hard lifting HC
great to hear you doing so well! :014:

D
Old 04-29-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like your analogy of "pot hell" being like jail.

I certainly felt imprisoned when I was in the throes of addiction.

And I don't want to go back under any circumstances.

I don't care to change my sobriety/clean date.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I'm so glad you are feeling the benefit of all your hard work. Just goes to show that not giving up is the right thing to do. If at first you run into obstacles and don't succeed the way you want to, try again. And if need be, try again and keep working at it. It took a long time to become a weed addict so stands to reason we didn't expect an immediate magical transformation. We both locked ourselves in for the long haul and it's paying off. In the end, whether it takes a few months or a year or two years, so long as we get to the place of freedom from addiction, that's what matters. The less time we spend addicted the less we suffer but if it takes a while for us to work things out and get a really solid base for recovery, that's fine. Like learning anything, the depth and strength of knowledge is what matters. For me the journey has been really interesting and rewarding.

I wish the same for everyone else out there. It can be done.

I haven't been here as much lately as I've got some major life changes going on. Cool changes but ones that are taking most of my thoughts and energy.