Notices

I'm back....

Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back....

some may remember me,I'm back for another try...god willing...
Old 02-12-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back mate. As you know you'll find a lot of support here!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Hi Stubbs, welcome back. How's it going now?
Old 02-12-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back stubbs

D
Old 02-13-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back Stubbs!!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the warm welcome
I've been gone for awhile lost in my addictions.I had a problem with alcohol and pills before.The opiates were really hard to kick,they had me wrapped around their finger.I managed to kick that habit but with a trade off of weed.I prefer being addicted to weed over the pills for obvious reasons.
I have come to a place in my life where I'm just unhappy with where I'm at.I have an offer where I could literally double my salary if I can pass a hair test.I made it about 12 hours without smoking weed.but that was because I was at work where I never smoke anyhow.I love the combination of weed and beer,it numbs my depression and relaxes me.I truly need to do this for me and my family and makes my depression worse when I look at how selfish I'm being....
well that's where I'm at right now,thanks for caring.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Before I stopped, going 12 hours without smoking was a long time for me too, even if going to bed for the night had been included in that time span. It's been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and still is at 5 months in, but I'm doing it nonetheless and you can too. I didn't think I could stop, none of my friends thought I could stop, but I stopped.

In theory, cutting back would probably make it easier, but I was never able to do it. You just gotta charge into the sweats, anxiety, and other hellish withdrawal symptoms with full determination (which you sound like you have within you). Post here, take long showers, and keep reminding yourself that you'll never have to go through this nightmare again as long as you don't smoke. If possible, treat yourself like you have a horrible illness (because you pretty much do). I hope you start your journey soon! It sounds like it'll be more than worth it in your case. With that being said, try to make sure you're quitting for yourself and not just a job. I've heard that quitting for loved ones, jobs, etc; causes one to build resentment for whomever/whatever they quit for, which shouldn't be the case.

Wishing you well
Old 02-14-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I grew to love being straight and being in reality - I know you will too Stubbs

D
Old 02-15-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
I have come to a place in my life where I'm just unhappy with where I'm at....I love the combination of weed and beer,it numbs my depression and relaxes me.
I don't think weed is going to help you out of that unhappy place and while it might feel like it is numbing your depression, well, I'd be sceptical of that. If you just started smoking it regularly then maybe you're still in the "honeymoon phase" where it does seem to make you feel good. That didn't last long for me. In all my years hanging out with people who smoked daily, I've never met anyone who seemed better off because of weed or who went down hill after they quit.

Weed liked to pretend it was helping me but all the while it was effing my mind over, making me anxious and unhappy with myself. It was Frenemy #1. I kicked it to the curb and I now much prefer being straight. There was a time (most of my life) that I didn't think I actually would be able to give it up, I was that trapped.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wackybunny View Post
I don't think weed is going to help you out of that unhappy place and while it might feel like it is numbing your depression, well, I'd be sceptical of that. If you just started smoking it regularly then maybe you're still in the "honeymoon phase" where it does seem to make you feel good. That didn't last long for me. In all my years hanging out with people who smoked daily, I've never met anyone who seemed better off because of weed or who went down hill after they quit.

Weed liked to pretend it was helping me but all the while it was effing my mind over, making me anxious and unhappy with myself. It was Frenemy #1. I kicked it to the curb and I now much prefer being straight. There was a time (most of my life) that I didn't think I actually would be able to give it up, I was that trapped.

I hope to kick the habit,I won't lie I smoked all weekend.I told myself this is it!last weekend and I'm done!Thing is I've told myself this 30 times.I've thrown bowls oit the window gave away many too just to buy a new one the next day.I will admit it has me in its grasp.
I've been smoking for about a year and a half.Im interested in hearing more whacky bunny and dee about your recovery.I need this badly,on days off I wake up in the middle of the night to smoke..it's all the time if I'm not at work.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to quit and stay quit. That meant nothing smokeable in the house, no implements and no hanging around the same old crew.

It was tough work but I'm beyond glad I did it now stubbs - I was so addicted to the stuff that looking back now is scary.

I spent 30 years starting the day with a smoke...

D
Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's been a battle in my head all day so far at work....why can't we just have an instant paradium shift to ease the process or at least make it bearable.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I always had those battles at work too... Starts off with "I'm not smoking tonight" and then turns to "I might just have a little" to "man I can't wait to get home and smoke"... All the while fully aware that just a few hours before I was telling myself I'm not going to smoke.

That's all just part of the habit. Soon you'll develop new routines, but in the meantime stay strong and soldier on. You can do it mate.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Yep, yep, yep. All the above, telling self that won't smoke this morning/tonight/whatever. Lasting all of a few hours. Telling myself each time my bag ran out that "this is it". Then going out and getting more. I can't describe what put me over the edge and made me really do it. It wasn't necessarily a straight line. I think gearing up to quit took a while but the more I got serious about it, the more disappointed I'd be when I caved. Then I guess it was a case of just being fed up enough finally. This place helped, putting my intentions out there and having somewhere to come be accountable to myself.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well day 2...very irratable...
Old 02-20-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

way to go, stubbs !!! I know it's tough right now, but even in a few more days, you'll slowly start to feel better ! Just trust us and envision your brighter future !! You Can Do This !!! ( just keep saying it to yourself for as long and as often as you need ). We're here for you !
Old 02-20-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Good job on Day 2. It's pretty common to feel irritable in the early days. It will get better if you stick it out. Don't listen to the AV, it will tell you all sorts of things to get you to smoke but the only way out of this mess is through it.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well I smoked.....and I truly feel I'm helpless on my own