Notices

Just took a drug test

Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just took a drug test

I just took a drug test for a new job today, and it's good to know that at 10+ months clean, there's no possible way I could fail. Still I feel uneasy, as if somehow, there will be a freak accident and somehow I will test positive anyways. Maybe everyone secretly worries about drug tests.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm getting to the age where I worry about all kinds of tests Admiral lol

D
Old 11-20-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sure I'd feel the same way. I smoked so much weed I figure it's in my DNA by now! Good job on 10 months, staying sober sure opens up the work opportunities. Good luck on the job hunt!
-Ted
Old 11-20-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend who smokes his fair share. Last year after a long period of daily smoking he stopped for 5-6 weeks for a drug test and passed. I'm sure you'll be fine
Old 11-20-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah.. its like walking out of a store without buying anything.. when I go through the detectors, I'm always nervous that they're going to beep, even though I've never stolen anything!!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Totally. Like going through customs and feeling nervous even though I'm not doing anything wrong. Ten months is a long time, well done! Weed would be fully out of my system now too. I like the thought that I'd be able to pass a drug test even though I'd still find it a little scary. I hear that drug testing for employment is common in some countries but not where I live so I have never had to go through that.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wackybunny View Post
Totally. Like going through customs and feeling nervous even though I'm not doing anything wrong. Ten months is a long time, well done! Weed would be fully out of my system now too. I like the thought that I'd be able to pass a drug test even though I'd still find it a little scary. I hear that drug testing for employment is common in some countries but not where I live so I have never had to go through that.
The only jobs that don't test in the USA are fast food and retail jobs, basically jobs that don't require an education. Other than that you will have a background check and drug test, and if there is reasonable suspicion such as strange behavior, or an injury on the job, there will be a test.

I've had a job I've hated for nearly ten years now, from day one. It was part of the reason I drank and smoked, I felt that at least that way I'd have something to look forward to at the end of the day. Today I'm going to tell them I quit.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Admiral! Gotta be a good feeling.

Takes me back 15 years. When I felt I didn't have 'any problem at all' with weed.

The first 'good' job I ever landed was in software development, a job I had secured after two years of self-directed study (during which time I worked at a temp agency doing menial BS). I went from making $15K a year to $55K, and all I had to do to secure it was pass a **** test. Of course, 'celebrating' this achievement was more important to me than the achievement itself. I smoked up two days before the test at my self-hosted 'new job' party (aka me & the bong).

I ended up passing the test by rigging up an elaborate ****-er-atus comprised of a water bladder (filled w/ my roomies pee), flexible tubing, a stopcock, and hand-warmers.

Funny - I was more proud of that 'invention', & the success I had with it (other than the leak that wet me down with my roomies ****), than I was with landing the job.

But yeah - I didn't have any problem w/ substance abuse. I just like to party