ME and MY Feelings . . . You Can Join in if you Wish

Old 07-30-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Today i am feeling very sad that all the people i know are so happy and dont care what happens to me .Sad my sister was so horrid to me when she visited me last 2 summers and i sent an Email which told her how i felt as she never contacted me after i drove her to the airport and i paid for a vacation for her and her son she made me pay for trip we took 3 yrs ago she booked it then gave me a bill I was used i over heard her call me names because she didnt get a coupon when talking to boyfriend.Iwas going to pay for holiday anyway but she never was thankful so i felt used.Everyone always takes her side in my family and i have told my mother not to talk about her i never want to hear her name again annoying thing she has so much money and takes from everyone but expects my Mum and everyone to pay their way she just went on a luxury vacation her boyfriends brother paid for ..I feel sad because im loneley and everyone i know gets on Facebook saying how happy they are in relationships guess im envious and i live with AH i love my kids but i feel loneley inside who i havent had a relationship since several years and i dream about how it would be to love someone i know i made my choice but my children are better off as they are .I do what i want but im not happy as i have no friends .Sorry im a mess.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello, tanzanitelover.

I understand your frustration. I've family members also, who it seems only want to connect when there's something in it for them.

As for Facebook...my idea is this: If someone spends a huge amount of time on Facebook displaying all they have and bragging, they're looking for validation and might actually be very lonely and unhappy. It seems the grass is greener on the other side when the opposite may be the case.

Hoping today is a better day for you. Hang in there.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My Facebook has none of this part of my life on it. None. I don't use Facebook to air my grievances or struggles. It is not the appropriate place for me to share that info. I am on face book to have a surface connection with people.

Have you tried any support groups? I have found tremendous support and love in my Alanon group. No one hides their struggles there and it makes me feel so normal.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Iam going to go back to Alanon as soon as my 3 kids go back to school i am so loneley .I just feel so sad i feel life is going very fast and im not enjoying some of it .I live through my kids but that is going to end as they get older.I have enjoyed having my daughters friends over a lot this summer i had a lot of girls to sleep over 9 of my daughters friends and 3 dogs this weekend makes me happy to cook for them and have their company as my husband spends his time watching tv in his room and Im in mine.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Wishing you well with the meetings. It is good you are reaching out.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Tanzanitelover, don't put too much stock in what you see on Facebook. Sometimes it reminds me of those Christmas cards you get with the family newsletter and everything seems so perfect. Everyone has struggles but they don't necessarily talk about them. I don't get on Facebook very often but certainly haven't posted about my son's DUI or rehab. A better name for it might be Fakebook.

I hope you can get to a meeting soon and find some support. Hang in there!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

very hard to talk about my feelings of my mother who is an alcoholic of 40 years. maybe longer...so many years, and so many situations its very difficult to put all that in words.